Chefelf.com Night Life: How did anyone not vote for this guy ? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

How did anyone not vote for this guy ?

#1 User is offline   yodawisdom Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

I mean he uses too much common sense, so I guess that's a problem. lol @ rudy!!1 Watch theo ther candidates faces when he starts spouting out all these facts they can't wrap their brains around.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mDND5tcUFoI

Also, we should have listened to this guy, years ago. I wonder if Washington would ever do the right thing and get this guy in there to help advise the POTUS.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zdVP_sgCETo

#2 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:33 PM

yeah debating about silly videos isnt my gig. sum it up if you please, in writing.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#3 User is offline   yodawisdom Icon

• New Cop

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

View PostJ m HofMarN, on 18 October 2009 - 10:33 PM, said:

yeah debating about silly videos isnt my gig. sum it up if you please, in writing.

Well if you care to know how the economy got so fucked up and why it is going to get worse, watch the second video. In the video, Peter Schiff, tries to warn everyone as far back as 2002 that a coming economic colapse is coming and everyone just laughed in his face. I think it's worth watching.

#4 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:55 PM

There are always doom sayers. Lyndon Larouche was one of them, but I'm not about to don a swastika and jackboots and hang with his fascists just because he was right about one of the inevitable rises and falls inherent to a capitalist economy. The economy is a great deal like the lottery, but unless you have some money that you can wisely invest, theres no prize for being right or wrong about it. If this guy knew so well what was up, he'd have pulled his money in August 2008 and bought in in March 2009.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#5 User is offline   yodawisdom Icon

• New Cop

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:12 PM

View PostJ m HofMarN, on 18 October 2009 - 10:55 PM, said:

There are always doom sayers. Lyndon Larouche was one of them, but I'm not about to don a swastika and jackboots and hang with his fascists just because he was right about one of the inevitable rises and falls inherent to a capitalist economy. The economy is a great deal like the lottery, but unless you have some money that you can wisely invest, theres no prize for being right or wrong about it. If this guy knew so well what was up, he'd have pulled his money in August 2008 and bought in in March 2009.

Yeah I guess you can call him a "doom sayer", but he was a hundred percent right in everything he predicted, truth sayer is more accurate. And he didn't have any investments in the American financials because, if you watch the video, he said they were all fucked. He owns EuroPacific capital and does all of his investing over seas where the markets are more stable. He invested in gold and tried to tell everyone that that would be the best bet in the future, lo and behold have you checked the price of gold today? And buying in now would be the stupidest thing you could do, as he explains in the video, but you already watched it so I guess I don't need to explain any farther. Nice Nazi reference btw?

#6 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:53 AM

Actually gold would not be the best bet in the future. Indeed several financial stocks have skyrocketed, as have most others since the recession. gold did indeed go up during the bear market mainly because its a safe spot for investors like bonds. My funds are currently invested in undervalued stock and internationals, although all the worlds markets are interconnected so a fall in the DJIA can affect stocks on the other side of the world, and in fact generally governs the movement of those stocks. The reference was to Lyndon Larouche, the leader of what would be the american fascist party if that fuckmook knew what he was doing. The guy often cites his brilliant predictions about the asplosion of the US economy as a reason we should all swear allegiance to him.

#7 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:24 AM

I can't watch the videos right now. Did he actually predict the accurate reason for this latest economical crisis, or his he just one of those "The Asian market is growing too fast, it will blow up. Anytime. Soon. Just wait for it."-sayers? Not that they're not right, 'is just that you don't get too many points for predicting the obvious.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#8 User is offline   yodawisdom Icon

• New Cop

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:55 AM

View PostJ m HofMarN, on 19 October 2009 - 12:53 AM, said:

Actually gold would not be the best bet in the future. Indeed several financial stocks have skyrocketed, as have most others since the recession. gold did indeed go up during the bear market mainly because its a safe spot for investors like bonds. My funds are currently invested in undervalued stock and internationals, although all the worlds markets are interconnected so a fall in the DJIA can affect stocks on the other side of the world, and in fact generally governs the movement of those stocks. The reference was to Lyndon Larouche, the leader of what would be the american fascist party if that fuckmook knew what he was doing. The guy often cites his brilliant predictions about the asplosion of the US economy as a reason we should all swear allegiance to him.

Why wouldn't it be smart to invest in gold? It's gone up a shitload in the last 6 years and is on the rise. While the dollar is on the decline. I don't get your reasoning.

#9 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:29 AM

View Postyodawisdom, on 19 October 2009 - 05:55 PM, said:

It's gone up a shitload in the last 6 years and is on the rise. While the dollar is on the decline.

Fun fact: Gold is being traded in Dollar and has always been a safe thing to invest in during a crisis. So, with the decline of the Dollar, people will have all the more reason to buy gold.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#10 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

Money is not made by investing in a safe bet. If you think this guy is a genius because he knows that gold is valuable, well, I dont know what I can do for you. And what Gobbler said. If you want to make money in a down market, or when you expect a down market, you move your capital briefly into bonds or gold, and then when the market bottoms you purchase undervalued stock. Some financial firms that took the biggest beating, some car companies, and so forth, have seen stock price increases of 50 percent and rising since the market hit bottom in March. Has gold increased by half in six months? No, no it has not.

#11 User is offline   yodawisdom Icon

• New Cop

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:44 PM

View PostJ m HofMarN, on 20 October 2009 - 08:07 PM, said:

Money is not made by investing in a safe bet. If you think this guy is a genius because he knows that gold is valuable, well, I dont know what I can do for you. And what Gobbler said. If you want to make money in a down market, or when you expect a down market, you move your capital briefly into bonds or gold, and then when the market bottoms you purchase undervalued stock. Some financial firms that took the biggest beating, some car companies, and so forth, have seen stock price increases of 50 percent and rising since the market hit bottom in March. Has gold increased by half in six months? No, no it has not.

There was a lot more to the video than "gold is valuable". Pretty stupid to try to argue against something you haven't even watched. Your example is stupid as well, liek omg gold hasn't increased by half in 6 months. Sorry gold hasn't doubled its freaking value in the last 6 months but that doesnt mean its not a good investment. Why don't you look at how the price of gold has risen since 03 and 04. And yeah some stocks may be having artificial booms right now cause of all the money Bernake is printing out but thats just gain in nominal terms. The dollar is on the decline and all that phony wealth will evaporate soon.

#12 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:40 PM

Forgive me for not having a fast connection. Some of us still prefer our arguments in writing. And yes, if a stock hasnt gone up as much as other stocks, it means that the person expounding sinking funds into that stock (or, commodity as is the case) is not a genius, and that said commodity is not the best thing to get into. Yes, Gold has risen, this is because it is a safe area and people will sink funds into it during economic trouble. It will, however, fluxuate from time to time and is not a guaranteed winner. Also, because it is a safe commodity, the returns on it will NOT be as considerable as buying into more volatile funds. In the world of finance you trade volatility for possible gain.

The dollar is on the decline, sure, but it won't remain so. And in any event, unless youre international or happen to play currencies a lot, a lower dollar isnt such a big deal. And yes, this echo bubble as some economists call it is artificial, I honestly do have to praise you for noticing that much. However, the dividends that can be made during it are very, very real. When you buy a stock, its not like buying a house. When the price of that stock peeks you sell out of it and take your gains wherever in a day or so at the most. Therefore, just for example, if I had been really smart I could have bought into AIG at the height of its stock sales and such, and had my funds increase by 200% and then stuck that money into the bank, or bonds, or gold. Then when stocks fell again I'd buy back in. That is how money is made, through leveraging and identifying volatile stocks.

#13 User is offline   yodawisdom Icon

• New Cop

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:21 PM

View PostJ m HofMarN, on 06 November 2009 - 11:40 PM, said:

The dollar is on the decline, sure, but it won't remain so. And in any event, unless youre international or happen to play currencies a lot, a lower dollar isnt such a big deal. And yes, this echo bubble as some economists call it is artificial, I honestly do have to praise you for noticing that much. However, the dividends that can be made during it are very, very real. When you buy a stock, its not like buying a house. When the price of that stock peeks you sell out of it and take your gains wherever in a day or so at the most. Therefore, just for example, if I had been really smart I could have bought into AIG at the height of its stock sales and such, and had my funds increase by 200% and then stuck that money into the bank, or bonds, or gold. Then when stocks fell again I'd buy back in. That is how money is made, through leveraging and identifying volatile stocks.

I guess some wallstreet guys will make some very real gains but for most Americans they are not going to be helped at all by the temporary rising of stocks. I say temporary because this is only a fake rally. Our country is trillions of dollars in debt and everything the government is doing now is helping to destroy the dollar. Even China is concerned about the policy our government is executing. What happens when we can't pay them back? We either have to default on the loan or just print the difference from the FED, which will just rape the dollar even more. When the countries lending us our money see how our currency is becoming shit do you think they will continue to lend us money so we can just consume and spend all the time? There is already speculation about removing the dollar as the reserve currency, a depriciating dollar will only encourage that to happen.

Say there is an island with four different people on it. An american, an asian, a european, and an african. Since there are only four people they all assign jobs to do. The african cuts wood all day for the fire. The asian goes fishing all day for food. The european makes a fire from the wood and cooks the food. The american just sits there and eats the food. Point being eventually these other countries are going to realize they would be better off if they stopped lending America money and invested in their own countries. A weaker dollar will make this realization happen much faster.

#14 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:36 PM

That's pure lunacy. The European and the American would definitely team up and lay back as the African feathers some fresh air over with a palm leaf while the Asian puts on a striptease show. And yes, regardless of the Asian's gender, they would be having the time of their lives and-

:unsure:

and I, err... I just thought I should throw that one in, I... uhh... gotta go. :ph34r:

#15 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:13 AM

Your idea of "Americans are dicks, so lets SHUT DOWN THE ENTIRE GLOBAL ECONOMY" is flawed. Most of the worlds' capital flows through american institutions at some points. If those institutions were no longer there that capital would get all bunged up. Not to mention the American businesses that own foreign industries, or the foreign industries that sell to American businesses. And a weak dollar doesn't mean that I can pay a dollar for, say, European soda. That soda is priced in Euros, so I pay a buck fifty for it, which makes it one euro. Thats called the international exchange rate. Currency routinely fluxuates as do any stocks or commodities, and every country in the world owns debt from every other country in the world, except for maybe Leosotho or something. So the scenario isn't nearly as apocalyptic as it's being portrayed.

Also, your example seems very much like a "walk into a bar" joke.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size