Chefelf.com Night Life: silly scene in ESB. anyone know?? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

silly scene in ESB. anyone know??

#1 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

i have an age-old undying question about Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back that has been bugging me for eons and I was wondering if perhaps someone knows the answer to this question.

Im under the impression that SW:ESB must contain a deleted scene, but if this is the case, Im not exactly what was deleted or the reason for any deletions, etc.

The scene Im referring to occurs at exactly 00:21:45. Luke is shown running up to Chewbacca who is standing underneath the Millenium Falcon and Chewie gives him a big hug.

Soon after this, Luke turns his attention to Han who is making repairs atop the Falcon who asks Luke "are you alright?"

Luke responds by nodding his head and a short "yeah", and then begins to open his mouth agape as if he is about to say something, the camera then pans back to Han who gives a smirk (as if he is replying in jest at something deleted Luke may have said).

The camera then pans back to Luke who continues making unwarranted head nods out of sheer nothingness (..or presumed deleted dialogue). In the middle of his silliness, Luke produces a cheesy smile that looks even more silly cause we have no idea why he is smiling from ear to ear like that.

Han then ends Luke's silly head gestures by advising "Be careful", and Luke replies by saying "You too".

and thats basically the end of the scene in question.

Luke just looks like a retard with Parkinsons, like he is simply unable to control his head from nodding.

So because the scene looks so silly as it stands Ive always wondered if this scene may have originally contained more dialogue than what were presented with?
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#2 User is offline   Eagle Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:20 AM

I saw TESB as it has been shown in the cinemas for the first time in I believe 1979/80 and they didn't ever said anything else. If there was something which they've said than maybe Lucas already cut it out from the beginning. Han and Luke are just too macho to say anything. Luke wants Han to stay with the Rebels and Han is struggling with himself. But he got to leave because of Jabba.

#3 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

Or, maybe it is just an awkward "man-communication" scene...
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size