Chefelf.com Night Life: Reagan Dead At 93 - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Reagan Dead At 93 Sunday, June 6, 2004

#16 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 09 June 2004 - 12:15 AM

Here's some snippets from a recent msnbc article about Reagan.

"The controversies and scandals included attacks on the federal school lunch program and aid to the poor, anti-union tactics, the illegal sale of arms to Iran and Reagan's 1985 participation in a ceremony at a German cemetery where Nazi soldiers are buried."

Reagan, during his 1980 campaign, blamed trees for emitting 93 percent of the nation's nitrogen oxide pollution -- giving rise to jokes about "killer trees."

Trees, people, trees. This president was anti-tree.

"No group may have chafed more at Reagan's policies and views than African Americans, who assailed the president for opposing racial quotas and for seeking to obtain a tax credit for Bob Jones University, a segregated southern school."

"For many Americans, this was a time best forgotten," said Julian Bond, chairman of the NAACP and a longtime civil rights activist. "He was a polarizing figure in black America. He was hostile to the generally accepted remedies for discrimination. His appointments were of people as equally hostile. I can't think of any Reagan policy that African Americans would embrace."

"Reagan fired 13,000 air traffic controllers in 1981 after they staged a work stoppage, and he appointed members of the National Labor Relations Board who were hostile to union organizing."

"The combination of a huge "supply-side" tax cut, a historic military buildup and a painful two-year recession produced huge budget deficits and a near tripling of the national debt that haunted the country and policymakers for years and drained resources from social programs. And the administration showed indifference to an emerging AIDS crisis in the early 1980s. By the time Reagan delivered his first speech on the epidemic in May 1988 -- about eight months before he left office -- the disease had been diagnosed in more than 36,000 Americans, and 20,849 had died."

Do you know why Reagan didn't care? Because back then it was believed that only homosexuals got HIV. He didn't say crap about aids until it became a problem for decent, straight Americans.

"the Reagan administration for five years provided military intelligence, economic aid and covert supplies of munitions to Iraq's armies in support of Saddam Hussein's war with Iran. The administration ignored Iraq's use of chemical weapons and treated Hussein's government as the lesser of two evils."

"The administration in 1984 secretly sold arms to Iran, a terrorist nation, to raise cash for Nicaraguan contra rebels, despite a congressional ban on support for the Latin American insurgency. An independent investigation concluded that the arms sales to Iran operations "were carried out with the knowledge of, among others, President Ronald Reagan [and] Vice President George Bush," and that "large volumes of highly relevant, contemporaneously created documents were systematically and willfully withheld from investigators by several Reagan Administration officials."

And the Coup de grace:

"Early in his first term, Reagan ordered some of his toughest budget cuts in Medicaid, food stamps, aid to families with dependent children and other "means tested" programs that were critical to large numbers of lower-income black families. Until a public protest forced Reagan to back away, his Agriculture Department sought to cut the school lunch program and redefine ketchup and relish as vegetables."

THIS MAN WAS A MONSTER! The world is better off without him. Reagan's CIA were the ones who started training Bin Laden and gave Saddam aid that led to his weapons program. This article fails to mention that the Contras he armed butchered twenty thousand human beings in south America. Reagan should have been hung for crimes against humanity and/or treason WAY before he could die of natural causes. If he'd have had his way children would be eating ketchup as part of their school lunch. Ketchup would be explained to represent a fugging vegetable. Ketchup isn't even MADE from vegetables!

He took food from the mouths of impoverished American children in order to have money to fund attrocities in the Nicaragua, a dictator in Iraq and a corrupt religious regime in Iran. Not to mention the insane number of nuclear devices he built. His nuclear proliferation and training of terrorists in South America and Afghanistan made the world a far less safe place. If there is anyone we can blame for causing the September Eleventh attacks it aught to be Ronald Reagan.

A swelling of American pride? What's to be proud of? I'm ashamed that this mad man governed my country!

Mist- Lying I don't mind, it's the theft and murder that get me.

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 09 June 2004 - 12:19 AM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#17 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:30 AM

...If only I were that eloquent when it comes to politics...

It's about bloody time somebody said all that. I'm sick of everybody going on about how great the guy was. I don't like him, and I sure as hell don't want his face on any of our money.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#18 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 09 June 2004 - 07:30 AM

Wow JM, now I know why folks love him! Who needs trees!? Bunch of lazy lie-abouts doing nothing but feed off of other people's carbon dioxide....*runs to nearest tree* YOU GET A JOB!

#19 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 09 June 2004 - 07:56 AM

I don't like him, but I would LOVE to have his face on our money.

#20 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 09 June 2004 - 08:33 AM

Nice collection of quotes. When Clinton dies I'll feel as you must.

#21 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 10 June 2004 - 01:06 AM

I'm glad I'm not alone here. Death does not absolve someone of all the wrongs they comitted in life. I admit he was a charismatic bastard and he may have made people feel safe and better than they're enemies but that's just the typical formula of a fascist.

Charisma+blaming everything on someone (the evil empire of Russia)+undercutting one's own people while claiming to fight for them+glorifying the military = Fascist.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#22 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Jun 7 2004, 02:17 PM)
I'm grateful I have my own memory of his leadership and am not only subject to what I've been told.

Of course you're not alone. I'm in the minority here, hands down.

So who's being rebellious?

#23 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2004 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Jun 7 2004, 10:51 PM)
I would have thought that Margret Thatcher would have shown up to his funeral...

(even Bob Hawke)

She did! Don't think Hawkey did though. Blanche probably wouldn't let him go...
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#24 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:00 PM

Hmm I think we still are. I really don't know how anyone can justify all the attrocities comitted during the cold war. Most every peoblem in the modern era is a fault of either American or Soviet policy during that war. If the Soviet Union had won then all that's being said about Reagan would have been said for Gorbachev or Kruchev when they died and the US would be the impoverished country still coming to grips with all the crap we pulled during the cold war.

A few twists of fate and the roles would be reversed and the USSR would be right and we'd be wrong except for a few capitalist zealots who dreamed of returning the old order. I don't think communism was right but I certainly don't think capitalism is either. It strikes me as being odd that the only countries targetted for terrorism are Russia, the US and those who collaborate with the US. It's because of people like Reagan that the terrorists hate us, not because of our freedom. I mean, really, if it were conceivable that a human being could say "My oh my, there's no freedom of speech in my country, I suppose I had better go drive a bus into the lincoln monument." then wouldn't Canada and Germany and Japan and Australia have problems with terrorists?

The simple fact of the matter is that Reagan made our country less safe. Any thinking man during the cold war would have pushed for a policy of non-competion and coexistence with the USSR rather than organize a global pissing contest with them. If Reagan had tried to find a diplomatic solution to the invasion of Afghanistan, apologized for the Vietnam war and promised the USSR that his government wouldn't interfere against communist governments if they did the same for capitalist governments THEN I would respect him. Reagan merely continued the US policy set up by his predecessors and he did so with just as much cruelty as Nixon, though with more success.

#25 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 11 June 2004 - 10:07 PM

God Bless You, Ronald Reagan.

#26 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 14 June 2004 - 03:45 AM

God have mercy on Ronald Reagan's soul.

#27 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:25 AM

One of the biggest problems with the cold war was that both the US and the USSR used other countries to fight their war, killing lots of innocent people and leaving many countries in severe civil strife that continues to this day.

It also should not have been called the Cold War, seeing the term 'cold' implies that there was never any actual fighting - and that what we had was two giants standing off against each other. There was nothing cold about it. It was a very hot war - and a lot of innocent people and countries got burned.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size