Chefelf.com Night Life: How would you like to see Jar Jar Binks die? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

How would you like to see Jar Jar Binks die?

Poll: How would you like to see Jar Jar Binks die?

How would you like to see Jar Jar Binks die?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:28 PM

But, poor Luke was probably so desperate to get off Tatooine, that he probably would follow any nut that gave him an opportunity.

I don't think Luke was all that keen on going with Obi-Wan at first. But after he noticed that the Imperials totally destroyed his farm and killed Owen and Beru, I think he pretty much changed his mind... after all, what's the point of staying there? All his foster family were dead and the farm was in complete ruin!

#47 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:00 PM

But, poor Luke was probably so desperate to get off Tatooine, that he probably would follow any nut that gave him an opportunity.

I don't think Luke was all that keen on going with Obi-Wan at first. But after he noticed that the Imperials totally destroyed his farm and killed Owen and Beru, I think he pretty much changed his mind... after all, what's the point of staying there? All his foster family were dead and the farm was in complete ruin!

Yeah, I know, paladin. I was joking! laugh.gif

On a serious side.... If the Imperials just simply left the Lars' alone, Luke would still be on the damn farm and they would still have a bleeping Death Star and all three of their leaders alive!! [Tarkin, Vader & the Emperor} . rolleyes.gif

#48 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:28 PM

Getting off of Tatooine because it's so dull?

What was it Luke told threepio? "If there's a shining center of the universe then we're the planet farthest from" or something like that.

I suppose that line was written to add poignancy when the six films are viewed together tongue.gif

#49 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 17 June 2004 - 07:22 PM

What's funny, is that I always thought Tatooine looked like the most exciting place to live that was presented in any of the movies. I never saw any hangout as cool as the Mos Eisley cantina in the other films.

#50 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2004 - 01:20 AM

I never saw any hangout as cool as the Mos Eisley cantina in the other films.

It's a cool hangout alright, but do you really want to stay in a place filled with people who have death sentences on 12 systems who would kill you just because they don't 'like' you (and nevermind the fact that you've done nothing to them). I think there's at least one or two gunfights EVERY day over there.

Sorry, but that's not my type of hangout! tongue.gif

#51 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:17 AM

"It's a cool hangout alright, but do you really want to stay in a place filled with people who have death sentences on 12 systems who would kill you just because they don't 'like' you (and nevermind the fact that you've done nothing to them). I think there's at least one or two gunfights EVERY day over there."

Besides, Luke generally spent most of his time on that damned moisture farm, buying power convertors from who knows where, and shooting some creepy form of rat.

#52 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:42 AM

[/QUOTE]Besides, Luke generally spent most of his time on that damned moisture farm, buying power convertors from who knows where, and shooting some creepy form of rat. [QUOTE]

What exactly is a power converter?

#53 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:54 AM

I don't know but Luke seemed to want some pretty bad....

#54 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2004 - 12:29 PM

Speaking of power converters anyway, when Luke said that he wanted to pick some up after Owen told him to clean the droids, Owen said: "You can waste time with your friends when your chores are done, now get going."

It appears to me that either power converters are something small or he was building something with his friends. But Owen didn't seem all that excited about it.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size