Let's celebrate Loyalty Day

#1 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Loyalty_Day

So, apparently some fascist decided that having an international labor day was just way too much of a commie thing, so they renamed May 1st as Loyalty Day. Now, as a commie myself, I have to wonder just how it would be best to celebrate this wonderful holiday.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#2 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:56 PM

WTF? You guys already have Presidents Day, and the 4th of July. So a day celebrating the workers of the country is ... what? disloyal somehow? I imagine were the President to ask that a random worker prostrate himself before a statue of Lincoln and thank the President for the privelege of minimum wage, that would be "loyal?"

Your nation is fucked. With a capital F.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#3 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:46 AM

Actually the US has our own labor day. It's generally spent in traffic trying to get to the beach or having a cook out. Perhaps those things are symbolic, and running over hot sand represents the difficulties facing the world's workers, and the cookout represents... you know.... stuff. In any event, I think it's great that we changed the date of a holiday and then coopted the name of the holiday into an excuse to be a tourist and consume red meat, and then changed the day of the original holiday into a proto fascist celebration that even most Americans aren't dumb enough to notice, much less celebrate.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#4 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

Labor day just plain sucks. Idiots gather in the big cities and set stuff on fire, wrecking havoc and then getting arrested after injuring so-and-so many police officers and civilians.

And those who demonstrate in a peaceful manner only have stuff like "Against Capitalism." or "Against Greed." on their banners, with absolutely no realistic alternative at all. Seriously. You'd think that if their pop-commie business was so awesome, then they'd be able to actually convey a good sense of their ideas for a better change, but no. Against Capitalism. Against Poverty. So which is it? So far it doesn't seem like communism and poverty are mutually exclusive at all.

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 03 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#5 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:28 AM

Yes, but at least they have the luxury of a day designated for that. And I dont think it is always a violent event, just right now with the economy being wrecked and the blame being placed on wealthy bankers, of course people are angry. But, yeah, I think its important that the left have an opportunity to voice their opinions, and renaming the day that represents that opportunity and trying to convert it forcibly into a right wing fascist salute, that just isnt decent.

#6 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:37 AM

In Germany, those May-Riots are a sad tradition. Always takes place. Left-wing extremists spout nonsense and vent along the line of their A.C.A.B. non-sense. Right-wing extremists and neo-nazis gather just because that's what they do, provoke violence with even more bullshit.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#7 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

Sad tradition? Feck, you've obviously never felt the joy of hurling something at a line of fascist counterdemonstrators. We really need to have May Day in the US again, and you aughta give it a go!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size