Chefelf.com Night Life: U.S. Army Temporarily Stops Retirements for Iraq-B - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

U.S. Army Temporarily Stops Retirements for Iraq-B Wednesday, June 2, 2004

#16 User is offline   jyd Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:49 PM

but you sure can bend things!

#17 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 04 June 2004 - 12:10 AM

Yes, US law does allow them to pursue you into Canada and the canadian government does indeed have an extradition treaty. HOWEVER, during Vietnam and Iraq as well Canada stayed out of our dumb-ass war mongering and in fact their government was very much against Vietnam. And so a dialogue ensued between Nixon and the Canadian prime minister that went like this:

Nixon: Can you help us find a bunch of Americans who went to your country to avoid comitting mass murder on a poor asian nation?

Canadian: No.

Nixon: Please?

Canadian: No.

If you commit murder and run to Canada they'll send you back. However if you're trying to AVOID comitting murder the canadians will likely be glad to help and thousands of Americans still live in Canada from the Vietnam draft. I don't know about being gay, it might actually work. If they do call you in for a physical you can also party hard and stay up all night before you go for the physical. A hung over sleep deprived kid is not army material. In fact this is just what Arlo Guthrie did. I encourage all of you to download the song "Alice's Restaurant" It's a twenty minute long song and it's funny as hell, it's about how Arlo Guthrie avoided the draft. Arlo by the way is the son of Woody Guthrie who actually wrote "This land is your land" as a satire on how rich people controlled the country but since those same people ran the music industry those lyrics never made it into teh mass media.

And since we don't have a new topic posted let me give you this snippet about George Tenet's resignation along with my commentary:

"The White House strongly denied that Tenet had been forced out, saying his decision came as a surprise to Bush. Tenet told CIA personnel afterward that his resignation “had only one basis in fact: the well-being of my wonderful family, nothing more and nothing less."

Tenet then added "Yes, in fact if what Cheney said is true he's just about to release my wonderful family unharmed now that I've resigned and taken the heat for all those screw-ups."

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#18 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jun 3 2004, 03:29 AM)
For those of you worried about the draft I know people (heroes of mine) who dodged the "Come help commit genocide in south east asia" draft so I can offer a few tips....

I meet more than one requirement for avoiding the draft. Looks like I won't be able to run to Canada after all. sad.gif I'll just have to settle for my own American s'mores.

#19 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Ninja Duck @ Jun 4 2004, 11:13 PM)
I meet more than one requirement for avoiding the draft. Looks like I won't be able to run to Canada after all.  sad.gif I'll just have to settle for my own American s'mores.

Don't be silly, you'd still be invited, of course.

#20 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 June 2004 - 04:50 PM

It's nice to know that even if I'm not good enough for the US Army, I can still find a place in Canada.

#21 User is offline   Mist Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Jun 3 2004, 12:30 PM)
QUOTE (Rory @ Jun 3 2004, 02:19 PM)
Does pretending to be (or actually being) gay just not do it anymore for avoiding the draft? They still don't let gay people in the army, right? So doesn't that make it really easy to avoid the draft? Or am I missing something here?

If it didn't work for Klinger in Korea, it certainly won't work now!!

I thought Klinger was pretending to think he was a woman.

Anywho, they have a don't ask, don't tell policy. If you tell them, you're out of the military. Also, you'd better be really good at acting if you want to pretend to be gay. My dad's told me some stories about when a couple people tried to pretend to be gay so they could get out. sad.gif

Also, can I come have smores too? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

"O canada", etc. unsure.gif
I'm comfortably numb.

Jimbo: We had to kill them to keep them from going extinct.

#22 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 07 June 2004 - 11:03 PM

I don't know about being gay, it might actually work. If they do call you in for a physical you can also party hard and stay up all night before you go for the physical. A hung over sleep deprived kid is not army material. In fact this is just what Arlo Guthrie did. I encourage all of you to download the song "Alice's Restaurant" It's a twenty minute long song and it's funny as hell, it's about how Arlo Guthrie avoided the draft. Arlo by the way is the son of Woody Guthrie who actually wrote "This land is your land" as a satire on how rich people controlled the country but since those same people ran the music industry those lyrics never made it into teh mass media.

the answer is right there...

if you read it through thr Barend-o-scope!!!

I don't know about being gay, it might actually work. If they do call you in for a physical you can also party hard and stay up all night before you go for the physical. A hung over sleep deprived kid is not army material. In fact this is just what Arlo Guthrie did. I encourage all of you to download the song "Alice's Restaurant" It's a twenty minute long song and it's funny as hell, it's about how Arlo Guthrie avoided the draft. Arlo by the way is the son of Woody Guthrie who actually wrote "This land is your land" as a satire on how rich people controlled the country but since those same people ran the music industry those lyrics never made it into teh mass media.

so there you have it...

tell them you're gay and show up to the physical with a woody!!!

#23 User is offline   Mist Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2004 - 12:17 AM

Now I see. Thanks for the clarification.
I'm comfortably numb.

Jimbo: We had to kill them to keep them from going extinct.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size