Chefelf.com Night Life: Self-Proclaimed Nerds/Geeks - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Self-Proclaimed Nerds/Geeks Tuesday, March 31, 2009

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (reiner @ Apr 16 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha Barend, that's great. I started a blog of stuff I blurt out mid-coitus. I'd like to post that story if you would give me permission.

Give me sugar baby.

#17 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

I knew nerds back in high school. They were all either snobs or "cool guy" posers. Sometimes a combination. Made me hate public education and turned me into a social hermit. Found solace in the internet. Found same nerds there. Led to denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance. Until I find a way to shut down global communications, that is.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size