Page 1 of 1

Lion Eating

#1 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:29 PM

So, brushing up on my Hemingway, I discovered that it is actually a Masai tradition to eat the lion tenderloin upon a successful kill of a lion. Hemingway and his friends did this and he describes the flavor of the meat rather vividly on pages 199-200 of True At First Light. It is apparently taboo among most Western cultures to eat the meat of carnivores, but this proves that there is indeed a precedent for it. Could it be that Yahtzee is endorsing Ernest Hemingway's work in some passive fashion, or is it just a coincidence that two writers happen to share the same carnivorous interests? You be the judge.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#2 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:35 AM

OM NOM NOM! LION SANDVICH MAKE ME STRONG!!

*TF2 reference*

But I personally prefer the 'I eat Lions' T-shirt to the ZP ones.

#3 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ May 13 2009, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, brushing up on my Hemingway, I discovered that it is actually a Masai tradition to eat the lion tenderloin upon a successful kill of a lion. Hemingway and his friends did this and he describes the flavor of the meat rather vividly on pages 199-200 of True At First Light. It is apparently taboo among most Western cultures to eat the meat of carnivores, but this proves that there is indeed a precedent for it. Could it be that Yahtzee is endorsing Ernest Hemingway's work in some passive fashion, or is it just a coincidence that two writers happen to share the same carnivorous interests? You be the judge.

I thought I Eat Lions was just a way to say im a badass?

Does Hemingway say its good?

#4 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

Man, screw eating lions, I regulary read the posts of you people, I'm as badass as it get- OH oh ah oh damn, ouch, splinter in my pinky, SPLINTER IN MY PINKY! crying.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#5 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:05 AM

Scabby! SCABBY! SCABBY ON MY KNEE

#6 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:24 PM

I wouldn't eat a lion, and I wouldn't shoot a lion. I also wouldn't fight a bull, or run with bulls, or shoot myself in the head when I got old. But Hemmingway was a pretty good writer.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#7 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

Does anyone else on here OWN an I Eat Lions shirt?

I do, and had a really weird moment on the tube in London, where me and a guy in one of the old ZP shirts. We shared a conspiratorial nod, and then went about our business...
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#8 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:23 AM

So you are that guy...

Hrm, I thought this thread looked familiar. Of course it did. Still haven't bought a shirt yet, even though the times when I didn't have a credit card are long gone already. Make of that what you will.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#9 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

Well I can tell you that YZ has sold at least two "I Eat Lions" Shirts - my girlfriend bought mine as a present for my birthday in July 2007.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

#10 User is offline   Jeremy Clarkson Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ May 14 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tl;dr

I'm only going to assume that you're asking for my tremendous impending opinion so I shall hesitate no further. Eat the ruddy Lion, the national trust for the prevention of animals I mean preservation of animals won't hunt you down for anything, because we all know lions live in Africa... and we don't care about Africa, not since Rommel went for a strole 60 years ago, we don't own anything down there anymore, neither do the French, well they do but they would rather eat cheese and surrender then fight for anything, that's why when Britian invades le France to take Calais back we'll win, because they respect us, we got Napolean and remain undefeated for yet another century of consecutive centuries, just like the Trade Unionist agains't Thatcher.. no wait. what? The IRA agaisn't Thatcher, yeah no that's not it either.. hmm the old bag just doesn't die I can't wait 'til she dies I'm going to fly right back to the homeland and take a ceremonial piss on her grave, like 60 million other Britons. Now what was I talking about? Lions right, they're in Africa, no one gives two shits about that country stop sending food there because apparently we spend more money on groceries in a week then they do in a year, I don't know about you but I can't help but feel we're getting gypped thoroughly like an old lady from Oxfordshire trying to run away from a Pikey.. selling caravans for 50p.

#11 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (Jeremy Clarkson @ May 29 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tl;dr

I'm only going to assume that you're asking for my tremendous impending opinion so I shall hesitate no further. Eat the ruddy Lion, the national trust for the prevention of animals I mean preservation of animals won't hunt you down for anything, because we all know lions live in Africa... and we don't care about Africa, not since Rommel went for a strole 60 years ago, we don't own anything down there anymore, neither do the French, well they do but they would rather eat cheese and surrender then fight for anything, that's why when Britian invades le France to take Calais back we'll win, because they respect us, we got Napolean and remain undefeated for yet another century of consecutive centuries, just like the Trade Unionist agains't Thatcher.. no wait. what? The IRA agaisn't Thatcher, yeah no that's not it either.. hmm the old bag just doesn't die I can't wait 'til she dies I'm going to fly right back to the homeland and take a ceremonial piss on her grave, like 60 million other Britons. Now what was I talking about? Lions right, they're in Africa, no one gives two shits about that country stop sending food there because apparently we spend more money on groceries in a week then they do in a year, I don't know about you but I can't help but feel we're getting gypped thoroughly like an old lady from Oxfordshire trying to run away from a Pikey.. selling caravans for 50p.

tl;dr.

#12 User is offline   Jeremy Clarkson Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Spann @ May 30 2009, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tl;dr.

ts;dr

just listening to my story brought back some bad memories when I was so high on drugs and fat from pies I went out and drove over a puppy, a really cute one and then I ate it. And then I was thirsty and ended up drinking the acid from my car battery and I was tripping so much I actually fell into some farmyard machinery, now that was harrowing. I severed all the tendons in my head shoulders knees and toes and eyes and ears and mouth and nose, but crucially my head shoulders knees and toes the doctors who were charged with reattaching the tendons on my head botched the job because they were high on drugs too and they unbelievably stiched my head on backwards, so whenever I tried to move forwards I ended up taking two steps back. And shamefully I stole a live dolphin and used it as a bong smoking through the blowhole. So who's one the competiton, the I'm dead interesting and was the baddest behaved on drugs competition. Just keep it in perspectinve, you used to be a total dick, now you're just a bit of a dick, welcome to dick club

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size