• (2 Pages)
  • +

The Great Star Wars Birth

#16 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:29 AM

Oh... and congrats Mike. Do you think your kid will remember this? 

I'm just hoping when I am 89 years old that this kid remembers to give me a call every once in a while. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#17 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:37 AM

Oh by the way, I'd just like to say I really like your new avatar. It's a lot nicer and down to earth than the old one. And I'm sure you'll agree.

#18 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:51 AM

To vwing

Hey welcome back Mike, and congrats. How'd you get the name by the way? Anyway, here's what I heard about the birth that may or may not be true

It is the name of my wife's grandmother, who passed away a month ago.

A couple of potential names my dinking buddies came up with for the girl:

Temptation, Mon Mothma, Dionysius , Phallis, Drusilla {The Roman Enmperor Caligula's incestual sister} , Mary Jane, Ororo, Modesty, Fathom, Saphirre, Mara {as in Mara jade}, Ginger Lynn, Eowyn [not bad, really} and acouple more I forget.

I tried to get Eowyn, but it didn't fly. tongue.gif

#19 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:52 PM

I'm happy for you Mike Mac. I have a baby niece and they are tons of fun. But of course, I'm never there for the screaming fits and all that.

Welcome back.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#20 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:25 PM

"Oh by the way, I'd just like to say I really like your new avatar. It's a lot nicer and down to earth than the old one. And I'm sure you'll agree. "

Thanks. with "Kill Bill Part 2" out, I thought it appropriate.

#21 Guest_Mike Mac From NYU_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:32 PM

That previous post was from me. Damn, I'm having trouble signing in on this computer.............

#22 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:07 AM

All this business about Leia's memories of her mother have me thinking: Did no one even tell Leia who her mother was? Because if they had, I'm sure she could ahve found some footage of her mother, the galaxy-wide famous senator under whose leadership Naboo succumbed to the greed trade Federation.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#23 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:01 AM

Hmm... with that kind of risk, if Leia's foster father cared for her then I guess he wouldn't have told her about her mother. That's embarrassing family history that Leia doesn't need to know.

#24 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2004 - 09:05 AM

Hmm... with that kind of risk, if Leia's foster father cared for her then I guess he wouldn't have told her about her mother. That's embarrassing family history that Leia doesn't need to know.

You also have to consider the security risk, there. It may not be a good idea to have a child running with knowledge of Queen Amidala being her true mother.

Don't you guys think that the emperor with all his resources could have found out about Luke and Leia somehow??? Especially in a high-tech society like Star Wars?

#25 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 22 May 2004 - 09:28 AM

For sure - especially as they weren't hiddent very well either. Leia was still with her mother's family on a fairly well-known world and Luke was hiding with Darth Vader's step-brother. I wonder if it has crossed Lucas' mind at any stage - or am I giving the man too much credit?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size