• +

ZP: Silent Hill Homecoming

#16 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:25 AM

Got this one yesterday for the PC, it's really not that bad, but as Yahtzee said, it's not really Silent Hill, either. It's more like Dead Space without the spaceship and the boredom and with a few puzzles thrown in. I didn't find the NPC-s so abrasive, they're not with you for long anyway. Plus the black guy helps you with killing the monsters which I appreciate 'cos they're fucking menacing. I mean, they're out to get you, and they know no restraint. This is a major difference from the rest of the SH games.

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 16 November 2008 - 04:26 AM

#17 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:15 PM

I got a look at it while I was gone. Its actually pretty cool. So far, I think the combat has made an update on the number of ways you can deal with monsters which were:
a) Stand and fight your own retarded way
b) RUN AWAAAAAAAY!!!!!
c) GET RAPED!!!
d) GET RAPED TWICE!!!
e) Get raped by the Pyramid Head's big dong
f) Die in an ending

The new options are:
g) Get your hand chopped off by a bunny. *spoilers*http://uk.youtube.co...feature=related
h) *major spoilers* http://uk.youtube.co...feature=related
i) FIGHT DAMMMIT, FIGHT!!! KEEP FIGHTING!! YOU JUST GOT AN INCH OF LIFE LEFT BUT DON'T GIVE UP!!! GET UP SOLDIER! COMMON!!!
j) *spoilers again* http://uk.youtube.co...feature=related The power of the BFK 9000.

As for the characters...I'm actually quite surprised that they have brought a black character on the stage. And I'm glad they actually gave him a personality and a reason for him being there. Yes, he's the token black guy, but he's not there to make you laugh or feel frustrated. Yahtzee, you asshat - this guys doesn't crack any lame jokes. All he's got is his signature "Shiiiiieeeeeet" while isn't really distracting.

NO NO NO NO NOOOOO. No Chicken jokes, Watermelon jokes, cherry soda jokes, Nigga jokes or Nigger jokes. Yes, Obama is now the President of your country. Good for you. Maybe you can spare me some change on the arcades. Yes, Its alright to say "Nigger" all the time as long as you have a sarcastic tone. Yes, the holocaust was a lie or whatever. I should befriend with more black people so that people wouldn't think I'm racist. Now that we got that over with...

Wheeler actually has a personality:
Othar than being a conspirasist (as implied by the 'journal' on SH5's official site which I am sure no one here even knows of the excistance of those documents), he appears to be a confident, yet insecure and a curious fella. He used to work part time in other places until he became a cop. He doesn't have a unique sense of indaviduality in him, but at least he has a storng will to survive and to uncover the truth. He doen't seem ignorant or too buff like other black characters in video games.
Seriously, he just looks terrifying, upclose in the dark. I mean, I strongly doubt anyone would find anything like Wheeler in the upcoming 'Pile of zombies 5'. Seriously, he looks fucking scary. That face...its just...impossible to get it out of your mind. Especially when he's mouth is hanging open. Appolagies to people with chubby faces every where.

As For Elle, she's more like a plot device rather than a character with dept.

Alright, I'll stop pretend that I'm intellect. I'm as dumb as you.
So, with out further ado...TIME TO WORKOUT WITH WHEELER:
[ur]http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=x3SsvTpYT-U[/url]

Go Go Go, burn that fat, shake that ass, burn that fat
Push the wall, Push the Wall, Push the Wall, Push the Wall
Burn that fat, shake that ass, burn that fat, shake that ass
When I say Boo, you say "whoah", Boo (whoah), Boo (whoah)
burn that fat, shake that ass, burn that fat, shake that ass

As for the excistance of the cult, it kind of made sense that the only remaining sect was the order Church who unlike the mother or the valtiel sect, didn't completely die out or get raped by some "dude or dudet" playing "captain silly bollocks".

Moar monstars with vaginas in them plz. Here was my very long and boring analysis od the new SH. Enjoy not reading it because I just read throught it once.

OH WAIT:
http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=ShKkRV29MuU
Subliminal messages?
More references?
Racism?
DAMN. This game has crossed boundaries.

PS: Also, It would've been nice if they called the new PH's knife a 'BFKKK 9000'. Get it?...no? Aw, well, forget it then.

This post has been edited by Game Over: 17 November 2008 - 08:23 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size