• (3 Pages)
  • +

Recent Rentals Stuff You Rented Recently

#1 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:50 AM

Keep the bitching to a minimum, please. There's enough of that on here already.
  • The Matrix: Revolutions
  • Kill Bill Vol. 1

I won't go into detail with the Matrix, as I will be reviewing it on the site. Kill Bill, however was relatively disappointing. I'm not sure what made everyone cream themselves over this movie, but it wasn't as good as others have made it out to be. It was good, don't get me wrong, but I wished I had rented something else when it was over.

#2 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:59 AM

Keep the bitching to a minimum, please. There's enough of that on here already.

Oh, Heccubus... where is the fun in that? sad.gif

I know occasionally the moderators have to step in but there's no personal insults and untoward behaviour on this forum.

I'm pretty sure that you are referring to some of the stuff that's gone on in my Grill a Movie posts. But I'm only attacking movies - not people - and that's part of the reason why many of us are here in the first place.

So, cut me a little slack, hey? dry.gif

#3 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:39 AM

These were all PPV and TV movies I've seen. I don't rent anything. wink.gif

-Stuck On You (Horrible)
-Orca (Equally horrible, didn't watch the whole thing)
-Texas Chainsaw Massacre (It was alright)
-Wrong Turn (Not bad)
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#4 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ May 17 2004, 09:59 AM)
Oh, Heccubus... where is the fun in that?  sad.gif

I know occasionally the moderators have to step in but there's no personal insults and untoward behaviour on this forum.

I'm pretty sure that you are referring to some of the stuff that's gone on in my Grill a Movie posts.  But I'm only attacking movies - not people - and that's part of the reason why many of us are here in the first place.

So, cut me a little slack, hey?    dry.gif

My point is that it would be nice to have a movie forum that does more than complain about not liking movies. It's alright in small doses, but there's just way too much of that going on here.

QUOTE (looktothesky @ May 17 2004, 10:39 AM)
-Orca (Equally horrible, didn't watch the whole thing)

Don't say I didn't try to warn you! But wasn't the baby whale fetus hilarious?

#5 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Heccubus @ May 17 2004, 10:44 AM)
Don't say I didn't try to warn you! But wasn't the baby whale fetus hilarious?

Yea it was. And the stereotypical characters. The crazy old guy was my favorite.

biggrin.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#6 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:19 PM

Well Hecc I loved both Kill Bill and Matrix Revolutions. I can't tell judging from your comment how you felt about Revolutions, most likely you hated it, and yet you do only say that Kill Bill was a disappointment, so maybe, just maybe, you liked it like I did. Or not.

I just thought Kill Bill was such great direction and cinematography, that atmosphere, the music, the action, i thought everything was superb about it. I liked it a bit more than Vol 2.

I actually haven't rented too many movies lately, I have to start again.

#7 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 17 May 2004 - 07:13 PM

My point is that it would be nice to have a movie forum that does more than complain about not liking movies. It's alright in small doses, but there's just way too much of that going on here.

Fair enough. I'll balance out Grill a Movie with occasional praise for the some of the really great movies out there. smile.gif

#8 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:53 PM

I bought the first season of survivor on DVD. On route to collecting all the seasons
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#9 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Vwing @ May 17 2004, 06:19 PM)
Well Hecc I loved both Kill Bill and Matrix Revolutions. I can't tell judging from your comment how you felt about Revolutions, most likely you hated it, and yet you do only say that Kill Bill was a disappointment, so maybe, just maybe, you liked it like I did. Or not.

I just thought Kill Bill was such great direction and cinematography, that atmosphere, the music, the action, i thought everything was superb about it. I liked it a bit more than Vol 2.

I actually haven't rented too many movies lately, I have to start again.

You'll have to watch for my full review for my entire opinion, but it does ask that people stop badmouthing Revolutions. I did, in fact, enjoy it.

#10 User is offline   Zerahsedai Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:05 PM

I bought the first season of survivor on DVD. On route to collecting all the seasons

I heard that they are only releasing season 1 and the Allstars season.
Since you seem to be a fan (as am I), let me ask you: did you think that the Allstars season sucked? 'cos I did.

Now for the topic:
I recently rented
  • The Cooler
  • Timeline
  • The Last Samauri

The Cooler was good, but a little too melodramatic. It was the music, I think.

Timeline was a shame. It could have been awesome, but for many reasons it was not. In addition to that, it had Paul Walker. Put him in a movie, and you know it's roont.

The Last Samauri was pretty kickass. I liked it.

#11 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:35 PM

Plus, Timeline was based on a Michael Crichton book. 'Nuff said.

#12 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:52 AM

Ok, here's a list of things that all of you absolutely must watch if you like bad movies. I have personally viewed all of these and can guarantee that they are all worse than any of the deathstalker series. If any of you can survive all four of these films, and that includes actually finding them, than I will send you twenty dollars. Extra ten if you get Nate and Paul to do reviews.

Six String Samurai: In this movie a post apocalyptic guitarist fights communists, men with water coolers strapped to their backs, a guy who looks like axel rose AND the mysterious spinach monster on a quest to becoem king of Las Vegas. I am not lying.

Dark Tides: A woman keeps killing her significant other because she wants money that's buried in a cooler. A sea captain is set on fire for no reason in an arm chair in a junk yard. Fog rolls up for no reason and there's a syringe involved in some way. This was one of two movies that has ever confused me this much.

Deep Shock: The moving story of evil intelligent electric eels from space and the woman who wants to save them. This one actually hurt.

Tenessee Buck: What if a big breasted woman and a kind of chunky disgusting guy watched Indiana Jones too much? I'll give you a hint, it involves the production of a film where butts are oiled!

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#13 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:30 AM

Dark City (1998).

Plot:John Murdoch awakens alone in a strange hotel to find that he has lost his memory and is wanted for a series of brutal and bizarre murders. While trying to piece together his past, he stumbles upon a fiendish underworld controlled by a group of beings known as The Strangers who possess the ability to put people to sleep and alter the city and its inhabitants. Now Murdoch must find a way to stop them before they take control of his mind and destroy him.

Neat film. The Matrix ripped it off.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#14 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2005 - 11:28 AM

I'm going to rent today:

Constastine
Alexander

#15 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:32 AM

I also rented Dr. Strangelove, Or... How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb. I don't normally enjoy Stanley Kubrick movies, but this one I did get a kick out of. Plus how can we not love the immortal line "You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" line?

I've yet to see Spartacus all the way through.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size