Chefelf.com Night Life: Creating Mapsies - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Creating Mapsies anyone use UnrealED 3.0?

#1 User is offline   Maggot4Life Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:long walks on the beach, sunsets, everything happy and sane...<br /><br />(and Death Metal, hitting things, drowning things, burning things, yelling, jumping, eating drugged scotch-fingers)

Post icon  Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:02 PM

Hi guys,

So I'm back into UT2004, or more specifically UnrealED. I'm pretty noob at the thing and I'm halfway into creating a map based on CS's DE_RATS (that bigass kitchen). There are plenty of things that I don't know about which I need for the making of this map so if someone knows how to do the following:

- make ladders
- make water
- use custom textures
- make deathzones (like when you walk on the stove you get hurt)
- get the bots to jump.

Please tell me!!!
I pooped a hammer. I pooped a cornish game hen.

#2 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:47 AM

This is going to sound flippant, but really it isn't: Have you tried any UnrealEd forums, maggot?

I don't know of anyone who makes Unreal maps on these boards, whereas I'd imagine if you googled for an UnrealEd forums, there's probably loads.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#3 User is offline   Maggot4Life Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:long walks on the beach, sunsets, everything happy and sane...<br /><br />(and Death Metal, hitting things, drowning things, burning things, yelling, jumping, eating drugged scotch-fingers)

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

Woah, no-one makes unreal maps? not even once? You guys don't know what you're missing out on. Once you subtract that first BSP room its like goin on an acid trip. With cubes and unicorns and giant big bugs that tickle you. No? ok.

BUT, i guess i could try other forums. Last time I googled it, it came up with youtube shit and forums that you have to register to (no shit). I just cbf registering. Alright, alright I'll go register. Enough of me now...
I pooped a hammer. I pooped a cornish game hen.

#4 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:13 PM

I play Team Fortress 2. And I don't make maps for that either, even though I would obviously be awesome at it.

Until I discovered you need some sort of patience or artistic skill, at which point I would stop, and concentrate on trying to be better at the bloody game, instead.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#5 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:11 AM

None of my peer group ever got too far into map-making again, after someone rebuilt our entire school in amazing detail for a few games such as counter-strike... and then was sent to a psychiatry when one of the teachers found out.

But we did him homage by using the accumulated knowledge from playing to our advantage when we turned the school into a paintball playground for our graduation joke.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size