• Last »

What freaks you out? The world is a twisted place

#1 User is offline   Reader Icon

• More Important than Coal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Interests:oh, this and that

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:40 PM

Know what creeps me the fuck out? Those cell phones that can take photos. I don't have to explain this, i'm sure.

hmm... fire in my home scares me a bit too.

anyway, what about you?
"Nothing is real, all is permitted"
- Hassan i Sabbah
"There's nothing wrong with anything."
- Philip J.Fry

#2 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:54 PM

locking myself out.

warm toilet seats.

waking up next to someone.

#3 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:46 AM

Clowns...

#4 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2004 - 01:57 AM

Deja vu, definatly. I'm getting it all the time now, and I know its stuff I've dreamed about, and that's damn scary...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#5 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 17 May 2004 - 03:22 AM

I'm scared of failure in all that I do. It's terrible, but all my life I've written myself off as a failure.

After I complete my degree, I hope to gain some confidence. But even then, I don't feel confident in my studies. SUre I can pass at the bottom of the class, but working in the field is way different and I don't feel like I'm compitent.

I wish I played a musical instrument, or excelled at sports back in high school. I use to make fun of people who did, but now realize those things are just skills that they had, and I didn't.

I'm learning french and writing a screen play. I started writing the screen play about 3 years ago for the fun of it. The story has completly changed 4 times.

I'm not a depressed idiot. Far from it. I laugh at my past failures. I just need to find my niche. Once I do, I will be good to go.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 17 May 2004 - 03:23 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#6 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:38 AM

You know, I just read your post, Jordan and I think it took a lot of courage to share that confession with us.

Being in that under-graduate stage is pretty harrowing. And I can't say it's much better at the other end. I'm in my second full-time job now but I'm still wondering about how my girlfriend and I will make ends meet after marriage - how will we make enough money, where we will live... life's uncertainties probably continue all the way through.

Regarding your screenplay, if it's any comfort I've been working on a certain story in some way or another for the past ten years. For about three years now, I have trying to write it as a novel and I don't know how many times I have turned the story inside out and basically wrote a completely different one.... but it has been a lot more than four.

But that's part of the fun of writing, you know. When you start, if you're like me, you probably wrote down a sort of plot outline and thought about all the characters and their personalities because you thought as the author, you are in control of the story. And soon you learn that you couldn't be more wrong!

We don't control our stories - our stories almost write themselves and take us to places we never even thought about. I can see the end of my story now, I think... but I thought the same thing six months ago. The truth is, I don't really know how it's all going to look when it's finished... and that is a wonderful thing about writing. It's an organic thing and a wild ride... and you can't wait to see where it goes.

So don't beat yourself up over the screenplay re-writes. Just hang on and enjoy the ride.

I'm scared of failure too but the thing is, for a lot of things in life, we don't really need to be scared of failure. If you keep working at something, you'll get there.

You can only really fail when you give up on something completely. As long as you're still working on something, the possibilty for success is still there.

Hope that advice gives you a little boost.

#7 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:33 AM

Warm public phones.
Teetering bridges , ski-lifts, etc.
Rollercoasters (Well, not as much anymore...lol)
Aaaand...

Irons. dry.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#8 User is offline   Zerahsedai Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:54 PM

The freaky noises in the woods behind my house. Have you ever heard the sound of a large weight moving from branch to branch? It has to be either a mutant owl or a vampire.

Either way, it freaks me the fuck out.

#9 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:11 PM

Picking up the phone to call someone. And they're on the other end of the phone and it never rang.

finding lights on where I was sure I turned them off.

#10 User is offline   Amber-Nicole Icon

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:48 PM

Dreams that come true.
Giant hairy mutant spiders.
The mental image I get anytime someone mentions old people having sex.
My cousin who won't stay in a hotel room unless there are curtains on the windows, because she thinks a hobo will watch her while she sleeps. The last vacation we took together, she put sheets over the windows. dry.gif
"And there's not a bloody thing the king of Sweden can do about it!" -Ninja Duck (Hey, somebody had to use it. ~_^)

#11 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:59 PM

Picking up the phone to call someone. And they're on the other end of the phone and it never rang.

I've experienced that actually... yeah it is pretty freaky.

#12 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:33 PM

I think it's cool...

annyway, my best friend has a fear of baloons.

also... I'm a big guy, and yet i'm insanley stealthy. And not on purpose, I just move quietly... I have a real problem with scaring people all the time. I give so many people spaz attacks because they didn't notice me entering the room. and on the flip side nothing makes me jump. i'm completely calm in the face of suprise. The master of my Kung Fu acaddemy is the only person who can make me flinch. I forgot what that was like... but it's really wierd, people sneak up on me and try to startle me but get nothing. I walk up to someone and ask them a question, and they scream.

#13 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:54 PM

Spideys. I hates the spidies.

#14 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:44 AM

When I still lived in Australia, I had a premonition with idiot drivers that is a bit freaky. I would see some guy ahead of me and think to myself "That guy is going to dove-tail out into the oncoming traffic, accelerate hard at it to overtake three cars in front of him, then he'll realise that he missed his exit ramp and he'll suddenly veer left, cutting off the cars he overtook then drive against the traffic flow at high speed for twenty metres before swerving onto the off ramp and slamming the accelerator pedal down once again."

And then the guy would do exactly that!

It is pretty freaky. But that premonition is also a really useful thing to have. cool.gif

#15 User is offline   jyd Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:08 PM

- an empty wallet
- popping a pants button and/or ripping pants at the butt
- things that might be in my shoes

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply