Chefelf.com Night Life: Piracy - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Piracy

#1 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:10 AM

I don't know if any of you know this, the music industry is currently using its efforts to stop piracy. They clearly however have chosen an unusual tactic. Almost guerilla style. That's right, they are only producing music so bad, that you wouldn't even steal it.

The only assumption that I can come to is that this is like a hostage situation. Clearly, the bad music won't stop until piracy ends. So I guess we are all doomed to the music collections we currently have.

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 19 September 2008 - 03:10 AM

#2 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:19 AM

And you're basing this on....what?

People who say there's no good music coming out aren't fucking looking hard enough. Just look at my collection from this year ALONE. And that's just LPs and the odd mixtape. No EPs, singles, or compilations.
Granted, not all of that is "good", but I'd say about 90% of that list is at least reasonably decent.

This post has been edited by Heccubus: 19 September 2008 - 10:19 AM

#3 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:13 PM

My only point is that the mainstream stuff, is currently pretty bad. I mean, alot of independent stuff is decent. But most of the mainstream is just bad. Maybe its just me, but personally, I just think that most music made the past few years, just isn't as good as the music that has already been made. I mean, I know my music taste isn't quite an authority, but nothing I've heard in a while has screamed out at me to buy it.

#4 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:25 PM

Mainstream music has always been "pretty bad", assuming you're less than 60 years old. I was born in 1984. The 80s alone created so many awful pop successes that the entire fucking decade pretty much owes us all an apology. Since then, we've had a tiny handful of good bands hit mainstream popularity, and a whole hell of a lot of shitty ones achieve the same success. The same still applies today. The number of indie bands getting signed to major labels and enjoying a higher level of success grows exponentially every day.
Plus, mainstream hip hop is the best right now that it has been in about a decade.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size