• +

ZP: Spore

#1 User is offline   ftr Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:05 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOO

I have to admit that I'm enjoying spore in a casual "play it for an hour or two here and there" sort of way, and as such I'm only just at the tribal stage. I agree with it feeling like everything is ripping something else off, and I agree with what he says the sections are ripping off (flow, WoW etc)

#2 User is offline   Man Of Doom Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:09 AM

Good review, had to be careful not to choke on my dinner.

I'm enjoying Spore in a sort of 'Oh goody everything is more accessible than it used to be' sort of way, and it's one of the few games me and my girlfriend can enjoy together, the last one being Bioshock, and any video game we both like is awesome by default because I can play it as much as I want.

I'm still at the creature stage but I'm looking forward to the rest of it. I think I'll take my time and savour the time before I become powerful enough to OM NOM NOM whole worlds.
LOVE, the source of all evil:
League Of Villains

#3 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

The main problem with Spore is that the entire game could have just been the space stage. If you cut the rest out, and just had that stage, you probably wouldn't even notice. They should have just concentrated on making that section deep, rather than wasting all that time making the other stages.

#4 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

I really like Spore, I do. That review, however, was one of the best ZPs I've seen. The last couple seem to have been a real return to form for YZ. Maybe he's grown another humour muscle or something.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#5 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:That place thats close to the thing you know the one

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:10 PM

He hit the nail on the head I think. Its a text book case of having too many balls in the air and dropping them all. I bought this game (before I found out about the DRM issues unfortunately) and within a couple of days I'm over it. Cell stage is moderatly amusing, creature stage is fun in a bland way, tribal stage is ok but from then on the game sucks arse.

It just becomes a really crummy rpg with no tactical depth and three units to choose from.

Then in space stage the matters get worse when it becomes and EXTREMELY repetitive. Oh and you cant explore this massive galaxy because every five minutes I kid you not the same bloody thing happens. A planet gets an ecological disaster blah blah blah and you have to run all the way home and to the same thing every time: shoot five or six glowing creatures blah blah blah. Now this was a shitty boring task the first time I did it and the next 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 991 times didn't make it more interesting. So you have a massive galaxy and a big rope tying you to your home colonies preventing you going more than 10 parsecs from them. Plus there are only four personalties for alien races so they may look different but they all talk and act the same. And two of the four personalties will contact you and ask for crazy sums of money every five minutes which will lead to annoying little wars. Seriously I could keep going on like this...

On a final note i should warn you the games ending is pretty much the biggest damp squib ever. In short if you go out and spend £35 on this game you're a bigger idiot than I am at least I could plead ignorance.

This post has been edited by Casual: 17 September 2008 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (arien @ Jun 29 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#6 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Casual @ Sep 17 2008, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then in space stage the matters get worse when it becomes and EXTREMELY repetitive. Oh and you cant explore this massive galaxy because every five minutes I kid you not the same bloody thing happens. A planet gets an ecological disaster blah blah blah and you have to run all the way home and to the same thing every time: shoot five or six glowing creatures blah blah blah. Now this was a shitty boring task the first time I did it and the next 999, 999, 999, 999, 999, 991 times didn't make it more interesting.

Yeah, I've started to not care anymore. I even tried playing on the easy setting, and it's still bad. I hope they release a "leave me the fuck alone, I want to explore" patch.

#7 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:46 PM

I'm too good for you guys.

#8 User is offline   ftr Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Sep 17 2008, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't you mean TO you guys?

#9 User is offline   Solar Powered Walri Icon

• New Cop

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

For once I agreed with absolutely everything he had to say. Nice review.

Oh, and I'm new. Hi.
Autonomous machete for hands
Judge and warden hide behind masks

#10 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

Don't you mean TO you guys?

I meant something along the lines of "I'm a snarky elitist bastard who's too awesome compared to everyone else here, and you guys probably don't deserve me" but that'd be piledriving the sarcastic connotation ten miles deep into the ground, plus I'm too tired to express myself correctly. Was at university today from 10 AM till 9 PM.

Welcome aboard, Walri.

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 17 September 2008 - 02:57 PM

#11 User is offline   ftr Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:58 PM

Oh, you DID mean "for"

=(

#12 User is offline   Battlefrank Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Sep 17 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I meant something along the lines of "I'm a snarky elitist bastard who's too awesome compared to everyone else here, and you guys probably don't deserve me" but that'd be piledriving the sarcastic connotation ten miles deep into the ground, plus I'm too tired to express myself correctly. Was at university today from 10 AM till 9 PM.

Welcome aboard, Walri.

Thanks for linking me to that virus, asshole.

#13 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

You're welcome, asshole.

#14 User is offline   Battlefrank Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:30 PM

The review sucked, It wasn't Yahtzee pointing out the flaws, it was Yahtzee masturbating to The Sims and Sim City.
I fucking loved the Star Control 2 reference, though.

#15 User is offline   HldmeThrllmeChrs&Trlby Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

its a text book case of having too many balls

i think this quote sums up whats wrong in spore creature creator pretty well ok?
i really dont ok?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size