• « First

GrandAutoTheft EX We are taking to the Streets

#46 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:16 AM

Attributes: Put 10 on moxy.

Backstory: War Criminal! You have the looks, I have the seedy past... lets make lots of money!

Generic Traits: Streetsmart.

Randomize everything else.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#47 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:12 AM

Roger! I'll swap charms with Moxy. I'll update the character sheet after I wake up tomorrow, I just stayed up getting the first real update up and at them. I am sorry to say that at that time only thing I had seen was Street Samurai so everything is built around that. Without further apologies, the beginning.

As the sun sets on Melbourne, I wake up to get on the job. It's an easy thing, in, slice up the main frame and then out again. I've never been good at using me head, but computers seem to speak to me. The air is crisp and fills rejuvenating, filling my lungs with a cool sensation. Fuck, my Sheila should be here by now. I check my watch and a beat up Yugo drives up. Fuck, it's not a good sign. “Oy Sheila, what the bloody 'ell's this s'posed to mean?” I climb into the car, I feel cramped.
“Regan's boys thrashed my car, only thing I could get on no notice.” Sheila reaches over, her beautiful ripped caramel body is as stunning as the day I met her. We kiss.
“I'll teach the little shit when the job's over.” I laugh and pat my trusty bowie knife.
Sheila takes a sharp left turn, it feels like the car is falling apart. “First thing's first, Emmet.” The tower of Triple M comes into sight.
I load half a dozen of programs into my Ono-Sendai, I run through them a couple of times and make sure everything is in place. Everything is. I grin and strap it to my arm. I check my pockets, three sets of cables, in case anything goes wrong. I pat my Nambu, a low caliber Japanese pistol. I only keep it with me for sentimental reasons.
“We're here, sugar.” Sheila says smiling. She holds my hand and her eyes tell me “good luck.”
We kiss again and I step out of the car. “I love you Sheila.”
“I know.”

---- ---- ---- ----

The halls on the twelfth floor are deserted, a quick job on the outside allowed me to loop the security cameras and deactivate whatever could have been in my way. Going through an empty office space always gives me the creeps, as if something were to jump me at any moment. I can see the shadows move, I always do. Raising my Nambu, I point it at the walls, with a flashlight raised above it. As expected, nothing. I get to the server room, dozens of towering monster computers. Unusual for radio stations, but what do I know. I hook up, do my thing. Cut the ICE, fry the core. Good job Brenton, I tell myself. I wrap up my Ono-Sendai, strapping it again to my arm and start walking through the offices again.
“BOOM!”

Against my better judgement I run to the window. The Yugo is up in flames. I scream Sheila's name, beating against the glass, the window breaks and I back away. Noises behind me.
A set up.
I crouch, with my Nambu raised, and armed with my bowie on my offhand. I try to make out noises or shapes. Nothing, if it's a professional he's taunting me. I run through the darkness, as silently as I can manage, with my head down. Can't take the elevator down, makes me a target. I try the door to the stairs, locked. No time to lose, I kick it open and jump into the stairway. Masked man with a Neo Stead 2000, South African shotgun, used by the SAS. I fire off first and crimson jets out of the back of his skull. No doubt about where I am now. I jet down the stairs, sliding down the rail where I can. Reach second floor, five guards, more Neo Steads, I assume they're not worried about collateral damage. I smash through a glass door to get away as they fill my shadow with shells.
I run down the hall, with them in tow, exploding computer monitors, windows, pictures and ceiling panels envelop me. A few times I feel the sting of their shots all over my body. My Ono-Sendai explodes and burns my hand. Five feet.
I jump out the window.

There are no guards outside, I'm lucky, I run towards the flaming Yugo and immediately regret it. Sheila's burnt corpse is more than I can handly, I feel like throwing up, I feel like blowing up the entire building. A stray bullet bounces off the car and I see that more men are running towards me, these are not armed with shotguns. I run.
---- ---- ---- ----
I'm bleeding heavily, I think I lost them, but I'm bleeding. I don't think anything went too deep, doesn't feel that way, but I'm faint.
Need to get patched up.
Need to get into hiding.
Need to get out of here.

Tomorrow! I'll bring up the starting shop! Normal starting cash is 400 dollars, so we'll have 800 to spend.

#48 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:05 PM

That's quite an epic intro. At first I thought you were actually playing the game, but then I realized you wouldn't be running from people you could kill for precious XP if you were in control. tongue.gif

You also need A LOT more points in cartography.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#49 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

One guy with pistol/knife combo < Five guys with shotguns.

I'm forgetting something, aren't I?

This post has been edited by Icey: 19 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

#50 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

Add a backstory that he used to be the Six Million Dollar Man.

#51 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:33 PM

We can assign more skillpoints to cartography on level up, most of our skills are decent, for beginners.

A new man in a new country, got nothing to my name than a few hundred dollars. Had to stash my shit at the hide out. Regan's men probably won't find it. Have to trust that they don't. The sun is familiar, and so is the heat. The humitity isn't. I hate this place already. I want to go back, but I know I can't. I pick up my suitcase and head out of the airport.
I see a sneaky looking man five yards from the airport. Armsdealer, no doubt. As I approach him, he speaks up. "What are ya buyin'?"
I think for a moment. "Show me them wares, mate."

Kamal's Wares
Austeyr F88T: 650 USD (.22-caliber training assault-rifle, variation of Steyr AUG)
Type 99 Rifle: 400 USD (8mm caliber bolt action rifle.)
Hakim Rifle: 800 USD (8mm gas operated semi-automatic rifle)
Baby Nambu: 200 USD (8mm caliber semi-automatic pistol.)
Chamelot Delvigne: 300 USD (11mm caliber revolver.)
Browning Superposed: 400 USD (12 gauge over-under shotgun)
Star Model Z84: 450 USD (9mm Submachine Gun)
Butterfly Knife: 150 USD (Small easily hidden knife)
Baseball Bat: 100 USD (Used to hit small leather balls thrown at you)
Screwdriver: 50 USD (A commonly used tool. The head could easily hurt someone)
First aid kit: 100 USD (Fixes up your wounds)
Simple Rollerblades: 150 USD (An eco-friendly method of transportation)
Genericom Cellphone: 75 USD (A bulky cellphone devoid of all features)
North Beach Map: 25 USD (Map of the surrounding area)
KeySurfer: 200 USD (Allows access to all kinds of terminals)

Inventory:
800 USD
Australian Merc Outfit (30 USD)
Old Boots (10 USD)
Crocodile Teeth (65 USD gives a bonus to first impressions)

The money we don't spend now, will be spent on ammo, if we buy a gun.

#52 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

Updated Stats/Chartography

I conclude my business with Kamal and take a cab down to North Beach, a contact back in OZ reccomended it as an excellent starting point.
The cabbie turns around, "Hey, you wouldn't be looking for some under the counter kind of work, would you?"

Chen Pau, Taxi Driver

I feel uncomfortable. "I might."
"See, my neighbour has this loud fucking washingmachine and it keeps waking me up when I try going to sleep, I work nights, see."
I sigh in exasperation.
"Hey, don't act like that man, I'll pay you. Hell, I'll even make sure you get 50% off on all cab rides in the future."

First cab ride is free as it's plot related. Seeing as we have no driving skills, we'll either walk or rely on taxis.

Tobias Braden, Coke Dealer.

"You look like the handy type, big with the teachings and lessons." Braden's words felt disgusting.
I scoped him, he had money but was a bit weak. "What do you mean?"
"I got this problem, a client of mine owes me a tidy bit of sum."
"I'm sure he'll repay you sooner or later, don't see how this is my problem."
Braden adjusted his tie and blocked my path as I was about to bypass him. "You see, he has begun trading with the competition, so I don't find it likely that I'll be getting my money back."
"You want me to waste my time on getting that cash for you?" I get ready to shove him out of the way.
"I'll pay you three hundred and some snow."
I stay my hand. "Let me think about it."
"Don't cry if someone else is pulling the job when you come back."

Selma Fate, Victim

I distance myself from Tobias and sit down at a cafe by the beach. Beautiful girls in bikinis as far as the eye can see. Two tables away, a woman gently weeps. "Something the matter?" I ask politely.
"Leave me alone." She insists and tries to cover her face, it angers the man within me seeing a woman in such a state.
"You dont seem too much to be in the kind of pain death brings, it's something personal innit?"
Her eyes tell me everything I need to know. "Just leave me alone." I sit down at the table next to her, and wait silently. "He's cheating on me."
"Your bloke?"
She nods. I feel like doing something to make things right

Gerhard Leibgut, Salaryman

As I leave the cafe, I bump into a naked man in his sixties, he's obviously beat up and oddly enough he's smiling. "Hee hee hoo!" he cackles madly "fourty years I've lived here but never been mugged before. Ha ha hoo!"
I feel confused and disturbed by him. It seems that this city is more insane than advertised.

In other words, along with shopping for equipment, you can now pick a client for the next update and how you wish to deal with their respective problem, or them. I'll try to please everyone, but in terms of conflict popularity vote wins (or first come, first served if popularity vote is not conclusive)

#53 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:33 PM

You need to buy roller skates and a screwdriver, and do skate-by stabbings. Also why not just drive a car with no driving skill?

Also, do the washing machine quest, then double cross the coke dealer before he double crosses you (shank him after you run his errands).
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#54 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Sep 19 2008, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can we add a back story, that says he paid his way through college by sucking off court judges?

That wouldn't work, seeing as we have a government loan thing here for higher education.

Equipment wise I agree with Slade, though add a first aid kit and key surfer. Probably the phone as well. Go for the taxi driver quest, scope out his neighbors place, paying particular attention to the floor beneath the laundry.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#55 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:14 AM

Starting my game now, you can still add vote, but what has been posted has been put into stone (I have like a post it note with the info on my monitor and everything!)

Also, regarding why not do something without any skill in said thing: It is usually an extremely bad idea. You will fail absolutely at whatever it is that you're doing almost all of the time. That being said, you guys are dicks for giving me a screwdriver as a weapon, but it's ok, I still love you. I'll use it in combat, but I don't promise to use it exclusively. If it gets me killed or I get into danger, I'm putting it away.

Inventory (New values are the resale value with the current Bartering skill.
225 USD
Australian Merc Outfit (30 USD)
Old Boots (10 USD)
Crocodile Teeth (65 USD gives a bonus to first impressions)
Screwdriver: 10 USD (A commonly used tool. The head could easily hurt someone)
First aid kit: 20 USD (Fixes up your wounds)
Simple Rollerblades: 30 USD (An eco-friendly method of transportation)
Genericom Cellphone: 15 USD (A bulky cellphone devoid of all features)
KeySurfer: 40 USD (Allows access to all kinds of terminals)

This post has been edited by Icey: 22 September 2008 - 12:21 AM

#56 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:29 AM

Also: Mug the Salaryman for anything he has left. If he has nothing left, demand his hair.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#57 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:33 AM

Fine then, he sucked off court judges to pay of his car loan.

#58 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:21 AM

Psh, why no Interior Decorating skill? That would be so useful!
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#59 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:16 PM

Despite the city's insanities, I was in need of any favors, cash and connections I could get. I fished a crumbled note from my pocket, Chen Pau's phone number. The phone rang once. “This is Chen, Taxi auteur.”
“Where does your neighbor live, mate?” I asked, half exasperatedly.
I heard a high pitched shriek, if i didn't know better, I would have mistaken it for a high school girl. “Oh yes yes yes! I can just drop you off there if you want.”
“That works too, I'm at Cafe Au Cocolet.” Chen didn't answer, instead I heard a series of skreaks, coming from five blocks away, constantly coming closer. His taxicab drifted from an intersection, 100 meters or so, till it stopped mere inches away from me. My skin had lost all color.

Chen drops me off and gives me the apartment number, 506, and a copy of his own apartment key, 508. I find it repulsively stupid, but I won't have much to gain stealing it. The apartment complex itself isn't too bad itself. You couldn't see the beach and the only businesses in sight were car dealerships, pawnshops and jewelers, but it still feels clean enough. RRH's Kingbury Apartments. Red bricks stretching 13 floors upwards. Nothing too much of note, no door man and the landlord's office/apartment takes up one of the corners on the first floor. I take the elevator to the fifth floor, didn't have the patience with the stairs. Off white, almost yellow walls stretch out in both directions. I wonder if this is really a good investment of my skills.
Chen's apartment is frightening, I step in and see walls covered completely in pictures of tiny little cartoon girls. Why did he give me the key to his apartment? I find nothing in the apartment that I can use. I silently curse and trudge down to room 406. I try the door, locked, of course. I spend about ten minutes picking the lock, I don't seem to make noise. I smile to myself, this is too easy. The apartment darker than sin, and I can hear loud snoring coming from the bed room. I consider bailing out, but I know in worst case scenarios, I can probably take the person out without much effort. I grab my screwdriver and hold it at the ready, I'd hate to be surprised.
Going with my gut I decide to examine the washing room's ceiling light. Cheap, light bulb and a white plastic bowl. Disassembling it reveals a whole world of wires, I figure that I have no idea what I'm doing so I wrap things up again, foiled and a bit miffed, consoling myself that now I have an idea of the apartment's layout.

I repeat the process, it goes much smoother, the apartment below was a good exercise. Slowly pushing the door open, I realize that the TV is on and I can hear a woman's voice, babbling away on the phone. Slowly entering the apartment, I do my best not to make a sound. This is going to be easy, get into the washing room and fuck up the washing machine. SPLISH. I step into a puddle. “Hold on a moment, Charlene.” The woman puts the phone on the table and I can hear her get closer, I hide behind the washing room door, slowing down my breathing. My fists going white as I squeeze the screwdriver as hard as sin. I tighten my eyelids and try to anticipate the next moment.
She pushes the door open and hits me in the face. I curse and pull out my screwdriver, lunging at the woman! I get a lucky shot in and it burrows deep into her shoulder, squirting blood all over my face and the surroundings. She cries out in pain and I try to grab her mouth, but she bites my hand and thrusts her whole shoulder into my throat. It closes down and I have trouble breathing. I grasp for my throat, trying to breathe when her foot comes up into crotch and I kneel over. I feel something snap inside of me.

I lift my arm, and grab her leg, but her other one swiftly kicks me in the face. I curse myself, feeling absolutely humiliated. My vision is blurry, but somehow I manage to push her away for long enough to stand up, she comes charging and socks me in the eyes, I tumble on top of the machine, my feet flying into the air. Again she comes for me, with murder in her eyes.
An opening.
I thrust my foot down and jam onto the screwdriver. I hear a sickening sound, as if it's cracking her bone. And she cries out again. I'm sure the police are on their way now. That cry sealed the deal. A quick jump back to my feet and my head comes down on her nose. She's out, judging by the bleeding, I pierced an artery. She'll bleed out soon. She won't be doing much more washing.
I burst out of the apartment complex like a demon on speed, I hear police sirens coming my way, but I'll have disappeared long before they arrive.

My body aches all over.

Thanks to the screwdriver we almost died today, but that's ok. We have a med kit to patch our hero up. I'll be getting started on the next mission soon, sorry about slowpoking!

Also, I'll invest in Interior Decorating once we level up.

#60 User is offline   aggiecouch Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

The suspense is killing me. When's the next part going up Icey?

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size