• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

GrandAutoTheft EX We are taking to the Streets

#16 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:20 AM

Just to elaborate on our two current choices of protagonists.

Australian Mercenary:

Get's a biiiig bonus in slashing weapons, minor bonuses on hand to hand and rifles. He can also work for every faction in the game, seeing as he's a gun for hire. Bad stuff? None really, he's an English speaker (even though the game is in Japanese, it is set in a fictional American City) so he doesn't get any initial minuses or anything. An excellent starting class. If I'd had to say anything bad about the class, is that it becomes difficult to be your own boss.

Russian Vampire:

Interesting class. You get six extra attribute points (which is quite a lot) and you can heal by drinking your opponents blood. Bad side is that you can't do anything in the daylight. When you die, you wake up in the cemetery.

Keep the suggestions coming, I'll make a poll or something in a few days smile.gif

#17 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:52 AM

Hmm... I'm going to say South African Martial Artist.

That's my input.

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 14 September 2008 - 07:53 AM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#18 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (Icey @ Sep 14 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Australian Mercenary:

Get's a biiiig bonus in slashing weapons, minor bonuses on hand to hand and rifles. He can also work for every faction in the game, seeing as he's a gun for hire. Bad stuff? None really, he's an English speaker (even though the game is in Japanese, it is set in a fictional American City) so he doesn't get any initial minuses or anything. An excellent starting class. If I'd had to say anything bad about the class, is that it becomes difficult to be your own boss.

Holy shit! That's awesome!

Did you draw that yourself or was it generated by the game?
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#19 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:20 AM

Thanks smile.gif Grand Auto Theft EX randomly generates avatars in a similar way as Sims 2 generates new Sims to interact with. They tend to be stereotypical, case in point:

South African Martial Artist:

Comes with a bit of a language barrier but nothing too serious. He gets a +1 to Strength and Speed as well as a big bonus to hand to hand combat. You get to pick a martial art style at creation. You can always choose to learn a new style instead of getting a trait at level up. I'll list them if we go that path. smile.gif Some have pre-requisites.

#20 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:00 AM

I want to seek out the drug cartels of the city and offer my services to them.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#21 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:07 AM

We'll have to finish character creation and such, we'll only be running with one protagonist (though you can pick up other party members along the way) I expect the game to start properly next weekend, with the first actual update.

We should have all of the ability points and skill points spent and such by then.

#22 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

Was showing this game to a friend of mine who doesn't have an account on here, and he wanted me to play a French Preacher. We did a couple of missions with Père (French for father, stuck with it) Vert and the character class was surprisingly good.

The most noticeable ability he has is that he has Turn Undead, which destroys most undead creatures easy. He has bonuses with some of the occult societies and gains access to a special group of missions from churches (also available if you're from the Vatican) Down side is that some of the factions hate your guy right off the bat. I'll cover those when we get to them though wink.gif He loses two points in style but gains a plus one on charms. He can not use seduction or dating, his Shadow Skills take a big -6 penalty each, but in turn he gets twice the starting skill points, after that skill progression is normal.

#23 User is offline   too-chic Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:53 PM

i got the game to work... is it about basketballs!?

#24 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:55 PM

Erm... Not really, though you can play basketball in it (it's on the skill tree)

#25 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:19 PM

I think I can let the linking go, considering the game was never released and there is approximately NO information on it online at all.
I am, however, moving it to the games forum since, you know, you're talking about a video game and not something you've made yourself.

#26 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:54 PM

Righto. We're going to dive into the attribute points / skill stuff tomorrow, so as it is, we'll be playing a male Australian mercenary unless the other classes (or nationalities) get more votes. Everything is on the fence as it is.

#27 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:50 PM

Don't eat anything but pizza and dead rats you hunt from the sewers! And put all of his points into style, since it's so low.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#28 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:16 PM

*downloads*

This looks like the sweetest game in history.

#29 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:21 PM

I DEMAND THAT YOU SUGGEST NATIONALITY CLASS AND GENDER!!! angry.gif

#30 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:28 PM

I would, but I can't open the file sad.gif I've downloaded it twice, and it keeps saying that the file is corrupt or damaged.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size