Chefelf.com Night Life: Gangs used Internet to plan street fight - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Gangs used Internet to plan street fight Thursday, May 13, 2004

#16 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:43 PM

Sorry Jen...

You shouldn't have taken that comment so seriously.

I just feel that we could do without all the people in the world who enjoy violence and fighting. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we woke up one morning to find that all these people had just vanished?

Seriously, there are enough problems in the world without testosterone charge men who feel they need to kill each other to retain their concept of 'masculinity'.

#17 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:58 PM

JYAMG -- Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. It would be kickass if people didn't enjoy fighting and violence (and I suppose it's inherently contradictory to say "kickass" in front of that sentiment ...) And I didn't/don't think that you were a bad person who wanted all gang members to kill each other. It's just that there is a well-established school of thought, here in North America at least, that espouses something very similar: Just let them all kill each other if they want to be in gangs. Why should we have to bother stopping them if they all want to kill each other? They LIKE living that way, they like the violence.

And, you know, I bet some of them do. But I think it's more complex than that. And those theories, when expressed seriously, are usually a thinly-veiled racism or xenophobia or what have you about "those people" who live in the "bad neighbourhoods" and "enjoy killing each other." That's what offensive -- I don't suspect you of harbouring such thoughts, but the way you phrased it could have come from the playbook of the people who do, which is what I reacted to. But, as I say, you are absolutely right -- given all the war reports and the violence that's inescapable right now, a little less would be a welcome relief for everyone.

#18 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 14 May 2004 - 08:18 PM

Ah, I see what you mean, Jen. Yeah, I agree. I guess the comment was too generalised. There are probably a lot of people who get dragged into these sorts of gangs for the kinds of reasons you've outlined - you're quite right.

#19 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 14 May 2004 - 08:57 PM

Oh just take all of the violent people and put them in a small room together. Eventually they'll take care of the problem themselves.

#20 User is offline   K1NGWARREN Icon

• Devil Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 14 May 2004 - 09:16 PM

Jen, stop problematizing my crappy news story or I'll kick your ass.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size