Chefelf.com Night Life: Chzo Mythos Plot Analisis?? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Chzo Mythos Plot Analisis?? Confused and need Help (Warning: Spoilers)

#16 User is offline   Venter127 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:51 AM

Something I found rather intresting is the fact that in his ZP review of condemned 2, he mentioned the idea of the inclusion of an "ancient mystical cult" to be a bad thing, but in his games he does almost the same thing with the order. While there are a few slight differences in his inclusion, I still cant help but point out this. Not to say its a bad thing for his games, of course. The inclusion of Chzo into the storyline brings something close to what he calls the "killer7 arguement." You either love it, or you hate it, it really depends on your opinion. Im stuck somewhere in between (on this idea alone, I loved the games). I didnt think it was bad, in fact, its one of the best stories ive seen since killer7 or MGS, but I definatly think the ending could have been better. Playing through an entire game, just to find out that your character gets screwed in the end anyways, and is being subjected to fate despite your attempts to defy it doesnt give one that "hoyfeeling hof haccomplishment" as Yahtzee like to call it. I still freaking love the games, and want to see more out of the series, even though its supposedly finished. Ive heard however, that the special edition conatains an "extended and less ambiguous" ending, so I might just put 5$ into the game series, which is something I NEVER do. Congratulations Yahtzee, youve found a way to pry open my wallet.

#17 User is offline   ftr Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (Venter127 @ Sep 14 2008, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Something I found rather intresting is the fact that in his ZP review of condemned 2, he mentioned the idea of the inclusion of an "ancient mystical cult" to be a bad thing, but in his games he does almost the same thing with the order. While there are a few slight differences in his inclusion, I still cant help but point out this. Not to say its a bad thing for his games, of course. The inclusion of Chzo into the storyline brings something close to what he calls the "killer7 arguement." You either love it, or you hate it, it really depends on your opinion. Im stuck somewhere in between (on this idea alone, I loved the games). I didnt think it was bad, in fact, its one of the best stories ive seen since killer7 or MGS, but I definatly think the ending could have been better. Playing through an entire game, just to find out that your character gets screwed in the end anyways, and is being subjected to fate despite your attempts to defy it doesnt give one that "hoyfeeling hof haccomplishment" as Yahtzee like to call it. I still freaking love the games, and want to see more out of the series, even though its supposedly finished. Ive heard however, that the special edition conatains an "extended and less ambiguous" ending, so I might just put 5$ into the game series, which is something I NEVER do. Congratulations Yahtzee, youve found a way to pry open my wallet.

a) Yahtzee proclaims himself to be "very aware of the hypocrisy"

cool.gif He actually complains about an ancient mystical cult being used to explain everything. In his games they didn't explain things, they were an extra story.

#18 User is offline   ssfsx17 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:41 PM

The Order of the Blessed Agonies didn't really accomplish much at all when you think about it. All they did was:
- Bring the Tall Man into the world, which simply encouraged the Tall Man to get himself in trouble
- Stab Trilby, which simply got Lenkmann in an even worse situation
- Divest a few celebrities of some of their money, which they really didn't deserve to have been paid in the first place
- Stop DeFoe Manor from rotting away or being condemned, which only required a bit of cash
- Push a bespectacled weakling down an elevator shaft, which ultimately led to the leadership being jailed

#19 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (ssfsx17 @ Sep 14 2008, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Order of the Blessed Agonies didn't really accomplish much at all when you think about it. All they did was:
- Bring the Tall Man into the world, which simply encouraged the Tall Man to get himself in trouble

I invite you to have a go at that, and see how it goes.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#20 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:37 AM

I dunno, he might get up to some crazy hijinks.

This post has been edited by Patch: 15 September 2008 - 01:38 AM

For King and Country
Chaotic Good

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size