Chefelf.com Night Life: Chzo Mythos Plot Analisis?? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Chzo Mythos Plot Analisis?? Confused and need Help (Warning: Spoilers)

#1 User is offline   neorevenge Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:29 PM

Well i finally finished TN and 6aS, and im spechless, the games are just too awesome to describe it with words, u have to play them to see it for yourself (my fav game being TN btw).

But im a little confused about the outcome of the story, first i was kinda dissapointed that Trilbys last apparition was, well as everyone knows, as a disposable/killasmanyasucan meat bag (but that was we wanted i think, moar and moar trylby until we are sick of it XD) second (and correct me if im wrong) Chzo´s plan was all time, to get his real prince?; cuz cabadath was the arrogant man (summoning Chzo and being arrogant enough to think he could command him) and DeCabe destiny was to be purified as the cultist said in 6aS (purification of the body being the pain caused due his injures while pushed down the shaft, of the mind with the constant fear of being killed not to mention the insanity and the soul when janine is killed) but for what?, as its mentioned by the carekeeper, chzo couldnt survive in a world without magick, so with the new prince he will be able to? and if hes able to who will stop him?

While everyone seems to think that this game wraps up the whole series, i still carve for more (but not right know, maybe in the future), i mean it would be nice to see the new prince in action, to see trilby really stoping this once and for all or maybe a descendant of him or some total random guy (i mean with all the time traveling and the Ministry of Occultism being able to see the future i think its pretty much possible), also talking about the Ministry of Occultism and the STP it also would be nice to see a game around that theme, i mean trilby started to worked with them after he got caught, so its pausible to say that he investigated all kind of paranormal stuff (ghosts, yeti sighthing alien stuff) and not just Chzo stuff, maybe it could be like Maniac Mansion?, diferent agents are sent to a place to investigate everyone with his own unique talent (psychic, Extrasensorial Perception etc) Trilby doesnt even have to appear in the game at all.

And i dont know maybe im missing stuff from the deluxe version but since A) I live in Mexico and i dont own a credit card and cool.gif need to see what its the Peso>Dollar exchange rate to donate more than $5 bucks, im not able to play them until i know if there is a way wich i can donate.

Sooo in short if anyone can share their words of wisdom and give me a deeper plot analisis i would appreciate it =)

#2 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:54 AM

I find great irony in the fact that chronologically you don't find out who Chzo is until the third of four games. And that users who have played 5DAS and 7DAS may accidentally stumble upon pages like this completely oblivious of spoilers until they see 'Trilby' or maybe pick up on 'Defoe'.
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#3 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:28 AM

Trilby doesn't have to stop anything from happening, Chzo ninja'd Dacabe from the Realm of Science and buggered off for good.

#4 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:13 AM

You may find this a little shocking, neorevenge, but the ending is deliberately ambiguous and unclear! Your own interpretation is as valid as anyone else's. So don't worry, we don't have anything to add either.

QUOTE (Patch @ Aug 27 2008, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find great irony in the fact that

For fuck's sake, stop using words you don't understand.

#5 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (AdamM @ Aug 27 2008, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For fuck's sake, stop using words you don't understand.

What word would have been appropriate, Adam?
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#6 User is offline   neorevenge Icon

• New Cop

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

please dont flame each other and back on topic kk?, also patch i put a warning spoilers in the topic title there so if people are careless enough to not read it well >< (but then again the first thing that i was teached its never trust the user so i guess i would add a big warning signal to my first post if i can edit it >< )

well the deluxe version supposly has a less ambiguous ending (too bad as i said before i would have a hard time getting my hands on it), but other than that i guess like u said it pretty much has ended, now that i think of it, i believe that Chzo isnt bad after all (well not that bad), yeah i know hes a giant deformed giant gross looking pain elemental who doesnt kill his victims but torture them so he can feed from his pain and yada yada yada, but he never wanted to cross the bridge, he was summoned by cabadath and i guess he took the oportunity to finally get his real prince, using everyone else for this purpose, the order of blessed agonies worshiped him, but they comunicated with him trough cabadath so its not hard to believe that Chzo merely played with them, telling them (thanks to cabadath) that he was going to purify the world and yada yada only fulfill his own agenda and to get a lot of juicy pain from the cultists in the process, also we humans hurt each other like every second so imagine all the pain that crossed directly to the magick world in the time of the explosion, plus being able to get his real prince for whatever machinations hes doing in the magick world, i call that mission accomplished.... even if it took like 3 million years XD.

So in short gues you people are right, trilby doesnt need to stop anything cause in reality there wasnt something to stop (or at least nothing kinda like the end of the world as we know it ) since Chzo never was a threat to us i suppose, also monk guy (or somerset if i recall his name) point this out by saying that Chzo wouldnt be able to survive in a world with little magick.

#7 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Patch @ Aug 27 2008, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What word would have been appropriate, Adam?

I find it odd that...

I find it funny that...

I find it queer that...

Irony is not a synonym for any of those three words. Specifically, it's a discrepancy between something expected and the result. Two examples of irony:

1. The assassination of Ronald Reagan. All of the assassin's shots missed the President, but one bullet ricocheted off of one of the bulletproof windows in his limousine and hit him in the chest.

My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#8 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:38 AM

Much appreciated, Josh. I will try to use more appropriate words in the future.
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#9 User is offline   ssfsx17 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:02 AM

I've just finished the later three games today. I don't have the Special Editions of any of the games, so I may be missing some important details.

I have the feeling that Cabadath's spell on Chzo is the key to understanding the plot. If Cabadath was able to gain special powers without actually serving Chzo's cause then the whole plot makes a lot more sense. Cabadath thinks that he is the one manipulating Chzo in order to rule the world / get revenge on the invaders and defilers, while Chzo pretends to obey until the key moment is reached.

On the other hand, Cabadath's spell may have only had the power of summoning. In that case, Chzo is basically rudely introduced to the technological realm and decides to make the most of it. The plot would simply be that Chzo is toying around with a few lives in order to figure out how pain can be expressed in our realm. It wants the new prince solely for the purpose of gaining an advantage in the magical realm, where few or no other elementals have any technology.

#10 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:00 AM

Cabadath wasn't manipulating Chzo in any way, he just realized by 6DAS that Chzo wanted to fuck him over and thus he wanted to thwart his plans by killing the Trilbies and defusing the bomb at the end. I believe Chzo needed the New Prince because he was basically an embodiment of the Bridge (that is, I like to think what was left of Dacabe's personality had died in the explosion and what survived was Defoe's quintessence, Dacabe "becomes him" at one point, as the Caretaker instructed him to), meaning that he is at home territory in both universes. Or I dunno, it was a long while ago, and I probably interpret it correctly then.

#11 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:26 PM

David's explanation sounds about right to me.

I'm gonna have to run through the games with the commentary on, I think.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#12 User is offline   ssfsx17 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:48 PM

Alright, I've gotten halfway through the 6-days special edition, which explains quite a lot. Let's see if I got this right...

- Cadabath knew that if Trilby had successfully destroyed John DeFoe's complete being all at once, Trilby would have been made the new prince. For some reason that Yahtzee has hinted at, he chose to preserve Trilby instead of kill him following their first personal encounter. My guess is that Cadabath decided to turn Trilby into a new Bridge.

- Cadabath is only interested in the powers that Chzo granted him, and wants to stay the Prince forever. Chzo has other plans, of course. My theory is that Cadabath is able to escape Chzo's vision inside areas where John DeFoe's influence is affecting reality.

- I theorize that Chzo only wants a prince / bridge for the purpose of gaining a technological advantage in the Realm of Magic. Cadabath only wanted to play around in our world, so, he got the boot.

#13 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:24 AM

Not John DeFoe, I think. Wouldn't it be the wood that they're both trapped in and the immediate local area?

Here's a thought, as I haven't played the SE versions, how far can Cabadath roam from his wood? How long can DeFoe possess people?
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#14 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:01 AM

Why not buy the special editions and find out?

Or rather, not, as I doubt Yahtzee is in the business of taking measurements of figments of his imagination, drawing up a spreadsheet, and then selling it to the impressionable.

Then again... hmm... hey Yahtz, if you're reading this, I invented another way you can sell out!

Edit: 'SE editions' changed for hopefully obvious reasons

This post has been edited by AdamM: 13 September 2008 - 09:03 AM

#15 User is offline   Zin Icon

• New Cop
  • Location:This field has an allowed length of 1000 characters. If I were a nasty person, I'd use that many, causing my posts to be awkwardly stretched. It's a good thing I'm not a nasty person like that, eh?

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (ssfsx17 @ Sep 12 2008, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My theory is that Cadabath is able to escape Chzo's vision inside areas where John DeFoe's influence is affecting reality.

Not quite right. In the commentary, Yahtzee drops a few hints about what Chzo is able to observe.

First, we consider that Cabadath is being rebellious, so of course he wants to draw as little of Chzo's attention as possible. Add to that the fact that he consistently tries to kill the Trilbies in very swift, effective methods (ie. neck breaking, skull crushing).
The conclusion to be gathered here is that Chzo's attention is drawn by pain. Where it gets really delicious is that Theo Dacabe, our dashing main character, has a bajillion physical injuries and by the end of the game he's been emotionally and mentally lacerated. Practically everything we see in the game, including Cabadath's rampant betrayal, can thus be clearly seen by Chzo.

Also, I prefer the view that Chzo wanted a New Prince simply because he's a fickle, arbitrary dickhole, and not for any real practical purpose.

Chzo is actually a great role-model for aspiring villains. If you set reasonable goals, you can come out on top. It's only when you go for crap like world domination or eradication of humanity that the rag-tag group of vigilantes stop you with pathetic ease. If the only thing you really want is a new secretary, the heroes will probably play directly into your hands.

This post has been edited by Zin: 13 September 2008 - 10:14 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size