Page 1 of 1

In Bruges Dark comedy at its best.

#1 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:That place thats close to the thing you know the one

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:34 PM

It has Colin Farrel in it but for god sake give it a chance this film is no Miami Vice. Its brilliant! Not for those who don't like gore or racism (it's all done in the best possible taste). Seriously though I haven't laughed like this since I saw hot fuzz, go see this film.
QUOTE (arien @ Jun 29 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#2 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

Laughed? This film wanted to take itself so bloody seriously it makes me sick. There are funny moments I admit, but I couldnt help but have the sense that laughter would be inappropriate for what the director clearly thought was his brilliant, artsy, fucking intellectual little creation.

I like Ken, I believe that's Brendan Gleeson, but the other lead was just a whiney tit. I think the material and acting in this film were pretty good, but the latter plot needed to be retooled, the pacing needs to be whipped into shape, and a few other sundry complaints, but mostly pacing. I found myself twiddling my thumbs through a bunch of nonsense, slow motion, and shite pianno music that should have ended up on the editing room floor.

The childish preoccupation with midgets, the fact that the editor introduced two American characters only so he could portray them as: a fat man who dies and a racist midget who dies, it really is a bit offensive unless you consider that pretty much the entire cast minus one girl either dies or suffers grievous injury for one reason or another.

This movie kind of reminds me of Pulp Fiction minus the sly sense of humor, the great story weaving, the good pacing and the general sleek feel of that movie. To quote Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, another movie I find this to be imitative of, "It's all been replaced by a pile of fucking corpses"

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size