Chefelf.com Night Life: Revolutions - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Revolutions The sans matrix version

#1 User is offline   Mist Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 May 2004 - 01:43 AM

Crazy, I'm a film student who's been around these forums for this long, and this is my first time to the Movie Theatre section (I think). I saw Revolution OS the other day. I thought it was kind of interesting, but it wasn't something for hardcore geeks/nerds who want to hear the gurus tell their secrets since it was more about the social/political aspects of Linux, GNU, the GPL, copylefts, etc. For someone who has no real experience with those subjects, or who is curious about those aspects of the Open-Source movement, it was pretty interesting. That's just my opinion, of course. I did think the relations between Richard Stallman and Linus Torvalds were pretty interesting as well.

The film quality aspects (cinematography, lighting, etc) weren't great even for a documentary, the background music was kind of annoying (western showdown during a microsoft shot, etc), Stallman wasn't a great comedian, but the content was interesting enough to hold my attention despite all that. Also, Linus' daughters are so cute. happy.gif There's one point where they kind of upstage Stallman while he's giving a lecture. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Mist: 15 May 2004 - 02:38 AM

I'm comfortably numb.

Jimbo: We had to kill them to keep them from going extinct.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size