Chefelf.com Night Life: New Trilby/DeFoe game? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

New Trilby/DeFoe game? Should Yahtzee make another Trilby/DeFoe saga game?

#31 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:27 PM

He might just take the money and say 'thanks' to whoever sent it to him in the next ZP.
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#32 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:57 AM

I think it would be awesome if he wrote more novels or short stories, preferably with original characters and settings (that is, not a novelized version of one of his games). Anyone else with me on this? Playing Trilby's Notes and reading the script of No Experience Necessary shows that Yahtzee is quite talented in telling more serious stories, and I don't feel that this ability has been utilized much so far.

#33 User is offline   FFreak3 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (Mandy Writes @ Aug 16 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Attaching the a note that said "Make a Chris and Trilby game" to a large bag of money and sitting it on his doorstep might get the ball rolling, though.

QUOTE (David-kyo @ Aug 17 2008, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it would be awesome if he wrote more novels or short stories, preferably with original characters and settings (that is, not a novelized version of one of his games). Anyone else with me on this? Playing Trilby's Notes and reading the script of No Experience Necessary shows that Yahtzee is quite talented in telling more serious stories, and I don't feel that this ability has been utilized much so far.

We could try to get a publisher interested in Yahtzee's writing. It worked for that other fellow . . .

#34 User is offline   Thaluikhain Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:29 AM

And then make XDAS into a movie directed by Uwe Boll...change Trilby into a scantily clad ninja girl, of course. And probably do the same to Defoe. And the Tall Man. And Chzo can be a giant scantily clad ninja girl.

#35 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:08 AM

lulzkiller alert

#36 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

So, I heard yuo liek Trilbies.

But seriously, if people want something smart and adventurous, give em' a 3-D Chris and Trilby game with British voice acting, gay jokes and bank jobs.

Or, if they want something serious, give another one of those Psycho-thriller style games with special effects and tons of boo moments.
Just think of all the different types of monsters and plot devices you can come up for this.

#37 User is offline   ShiverMeSideways Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Music, reading, games, my girlfriend, etc. etc. etc.

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:41 AM

On a more serious note, I agree with David. Hell, I really just wish Yahtzee would get off his arse and stop milking ZP and also milking the Chzo Mythos series. The thing is done, let it be. A Chris and Trilby game would be great (aside from the pure awesomeness of the idea) to let Yahtzee blow off some comedic steam since he's not made a humorous game in yonks. Well... If you don't count buzzing guards or Yahtzee dying from those pesky bug-things in TN. But I digress...

I guess I can huff and puff all I like, Yahtzee is not my boy-toy, so he'll just do what he cares. I just wanted to state my piece. Why? 'Cos I'm bored. So there...

#38 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

I'd imagine to 'let off some comedic steam', Yahtzee just writes Zero Punctuation. Plus, to be fair to the guy, I'd imagine a lot of work goes into a ZP each week, and when you spend your time being funny for a living, I can't imagine you'd want to sit down and knock out something that people don't pay for, yet would expect to be just as good as the stuff you're getting paid for.

I'd imagine the best way to encourage Yahtz to make more games is to buy the SE of the games:
I've bought all of the SEs of the Chzo Mythos - They've entertained me more and for longer than a lot of games I've paid £40+ for. Plus, they make a lot more sense if you buy the SEs.

But yeah, what Shiver said: Yahtzee doesn't have to do this because we want him to.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#39 User is offline   Man Of Doom Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:26 PM

I believe he makes them all in Windows Movie Maker, and let me tell you, it's not easy editing things together and making them fit properly, or even just getting the program to let you save.
It took me and my gf about 3 hours to edit together some clips and some music tracks together into 5 minutes worth of film, having to do this every week with something completely different must be tough enough, regardless of the amount of writing, drawing etc that must go into it.
He's hardly resting on his arse.
LOVE, the source of all evil:
League Of Villains

#40 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:11 PM

What you and your girlfriend get up to on film....

Should be hosted by The Escapist.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

#41 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Man Of Doom @ Aug 19 2008, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe he makes them all in Windows Movie Maker, and let me tell you, it's not easy editing things together and making them fit properly, or even just getting the program to let you save.
It took me and my gf about 3 hours to edit together some clips and some music tracks together into 5 minutes worth of film, having to do this every week with something completely different must be tough enough, regardless of the amount of writing, drawing etc that must go into it.
He's hardly resting on his arse.

I think the most problematic aspect of making the videos should be the creative process; the structure, the jokes, the actual review etc. Most of the technical stuff is Google image search and copypasta, I'm guessing.

Come to think of it, I sort of recall him having said something like this in an interview once.

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 19 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

#42 User is offline   FFreak3 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:54 PM

I don't disagree with Yahtzee milking ZP. Honestly, I don't. Who here wouldn't do the same in his shoes? I really don't care about artists/authors selling out, and I wish them all the best.

However, I do like his short stories, blog posts, and games rather better than ZP. And if some alternative would be found where Yahtzee would happily go back to blogging and writing, I would be ear-to-ear grin happy for a couple of days at the least. (and then every other day for an hour or so after reading his blogpost, naturally).

#43 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (ShiverMeSideways @ Aug 15 2008, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just Trilby? No.

What, so you thought the Trilby short story Yahtzee wrote recently was shit, then?

QUOTE (ShiverMeSideways @ Aug 19 2008, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
milking the Chzo Mythos series. The thing is done, let it be.

HE HAS.

#44 User is offline   Amanda M. Icon

• New Cop

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Spann @ Aug 19 2008, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't imagine you'd want to sit down and knock out something that people don't pay for, yet would expect to be just as good as the stuff you're getting paid for.

Let me go on record as saying I would pay a fair price for the next Yahtzee game.

#45 User is offline   ShiverMeSideways Icon

• New Cop
  • Interests:Music, reading, games, my girlfriend, etc. etc. etc.

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (AdamM @ Aug 20 2008, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What, so you thought the Trilby short story Yahtzee wrote recently was shit, then?

Frankly, I think the story was just either something he wrote in a flash or something he had stashed away for such an occasion: showing that "hey, ZP isn't everything I'm going to do now biggrin.gif ".

I wouldn't say it was shit. I read it, I liked it, but it just didn't feel like he cared that much like he did when he wrote stories a few years ago.

Meh, could be just me.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size