Chefelf.com Night Life: Won't Someone please think of the toys - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Won't Someone please think of the toys

#31 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Vesuvius @ Aug 20 2008, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW, those toys look absolutely rediculous! I knew that portly blue chick and the young jedi were his kids, but I didn't see the Goth Chick, or him in that suit at all... I'll maybe have to skip through EP III so I can laugh at them all.

Blue George and one of his daughters are chatting outside as Anakin walks in to see Palpatine's Dipshit Water Opera in ROTS. Anakin makes eyes at the portly one in the bar at AOTC. I am embarrassed to remember this much detail. sad.gif

Alos, I just got a catalogue in the mail and it had some "plush SW figures" in it and Yoda looked more like George Burns than anything! All for profit.

Here's the Hasbro dude which made raping your childhood such a profitable pastime:
http://www.boston.co...ostPop_Emailed7

#32 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

Hmmm,

So I'm guessing this toy maker had a part in making the "Egroeg Sacul" figure dressed in orange rebel pilot suit? If you're wondering what the name is, it's "George Lucas" backward and this was I believe the first attemp at capitalizing off of Lucas' likeness and ego.

Ahh well, if the guy's happy making toys then alright. But about the part with him "taking his work home with him," huh, I wonder how much his wife dreads that, especially when it's "Force time." shifty.gif

#33 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:27 AM

I'm amazed Lucas approved it. What an ego.

Have you seen the crap at http://shop.starwars.com ?

Wow.

#34 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:45 PM

All of that junk is expensive! And that crappy Ashoka figure... she's rail-thin. I bet she could do some Olympic diving and not make a spash.

And the Clone Armor suit for kids... all of this junk on the link looks pretty poor. The only company that seems to me making the stuff pretty well is Lego, but even they have lost a lot of the "flavor" over the years. They mainly cater to simpler minds obsessed with videogames.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size