• « First
  • Last »

Pointless random thoughts...

#4186 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 25 December 2006 - 11:08 PM

I don't think cardboard will serve reliably neither will paint if it flakes off. Wood, plastic or metal sheeting with metal frames and insulting material inside is what i would go for to make.

What I want to make is a wooden box the size of a small bedside cabinet with a door. I am going to use it for all my 12 volt batteries so I can put connectors outside, voltage regulators and a voltage inverters built in.

I have got seven 12 volt 7 amp batteries and I think by using relays in the circuit to charge one battery at a time would be good for this Mtroniks charger until I can find a good size transformer.

I'll call it the plugbox.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 25 December 2006 - 11:13 PM

#4187 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:38 AM

Ooh that really irritates me making the following mistakes with a common I. mistakes with singular and plural nouns and slso missing words I thought I typed.

What I would like is a 600 watt sine wave inverter. Someone told me that the cheap ones which give out square waves was causing problems in a caravan.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 26 December 2006 - 12:42 AM

#4188 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 26 December 2006 - 01:55 AM

Travel Journal!
Just waiting at the Icelandic Terminal so far has proven quite boss. Not only did Sayu the-nicest-lady-ever say hi to me as she arrived (timing peeps, learn it!) but I also saw the mighty Robby Rotten or as I call him. The Geir Lookalike. Beyond that, I searched for jewelry and failed, talked with Katrín for 50 minutes and made a mental note that one of the pilots is a cowboy. Very manly! Also it's awesome to get to use handwriting again. 10 minutes to boarding. Peace!

16:09
Ninth of December, 2006
Iceland

I am in America (make this fancy and Bold!) Everyone is nice and a couple of officials to to hear why I am here. Very manly! On the Aeroplane to the Twin City I saw Soirtacus or as I lovingly call him "collossal wanker!" I had some American Coke with LIME (green!) and it was OK and I bought it from a nice African Girl. Very cute and lovely. Onboard I read Terry Jones' entry into the HHGG, Starship Titanic. Written nude and better for it. A throwback to Nakd Man playing organ only LITERARY! And better. Even beat Dougie A. IMCO
Tried calling Liz, did NOT pick up sad.gif
She'll come to her senses! or else... In the Icelandic flight, there was a cute german couple with a baby. The daddy was a Hippy <3

Minneapolis!
19:18
Ninth of December, 2006

Pinball Machines are FUN! Anywho, the nice African lady that was nice like everyone said we only have one liver instead of ten. Anyway! Many Moons ago a girl from this place broke my heart. It was the firt time. Is this fate or something better? Whore does the Number 23 enter this? I don't know but I think not shagging Stewardesses was a good idea. Well gotta go play dress up and give Cavity Searches.

Saint Paul
19:48
Ninth of December, 2006
EXPLOSIONS!

I feel like I've been here for ages. Everyone is nice! Cindy showed me where she and her daughter lives before giving me the keys to Liz. And now 4 hours shy of having been insepperable for 24 hours we are the cutest. Yummy food in this street and soda to boot. I'll miss Squirt. Early this morning we dined at a place called Au Couquelet or something and had yummie food with bad Hot Choc. Seriously, it had borderline soap froth. Eww. I now only have 4 lives. Given that my motelroom has 40 channels, why is there nothing on but a Chinese TV show with chinese subs!?! Liz is workin' on an eassay nigh last minute now. It's so Icelandic it's awesome. No Lazytown spottings.

Campus Motel. Berkeley
19:42
Tenth of December, 2006
Trojans are a funny brand.

This place is insane! It has Magical hobos and sodas that are magic s well. And lemonade mega hamburgers, blacks, arabs dating Jews and many many more things. And the big city is utterly terrifying as I expected. Berkeley is wonderful though. It's a place I now adore even though crackers are only in the comic shop. Time flies here, there is never a dull moment. We even got lost on the Metro which was boring and not exciting and we sleep a lot and early. Stupid early! And now I tend to go all over the place when left alone because I feel weird without Liz. BUT! I got a knife in Chinatown and a David Bowie shirt in Hot Topic and plushies in Sanriyo or whatever. The Hello Kitty store! And on the way back from the big city I saw Inspector Le Clou! Brain Overload.

Campus Motel
9:34
Thirteenth of December? 2006

END OF JOURNAL

#4189 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:31 AM

Memory #1

Mostly because it's extremely frightening and disturbing.

Me and Liz were on our way to the motel after shopping for some Munchkins and neccessities when a lady in her 50's stops us in the street and starts telling Liz about how she lost her job and how she's going tolose her apartment in 3 or 5 days, differs from time to time. So Liz being the nicest girl in the world gives her almost ten bucks (first one, then three, then a fiver!!! I tried to pull her away) and she keepsworking her so finally Liz gives her, her phonenumber, her mom's phone number and her dorm room number and we go. Seeing her at Fred's Market while we shop for food, she gets awkward and runs out and flees on a bus.

This did not stop there.

So she calls Liz's mom and she and her grandma decide to throw some money together to help the lady, coming to 200 smackers. Try to call her but all the phone numbers are mysteriously disconnected, then by magic, she leaves a voicemessage explaining how they are:
A: Dogshit
B: Liars
C: Other explicit things.
And two days later Me n Liz meet her on the streets and she starts calling Liz names and her mom so I start running after her demanding that she "you better apoligize!" and "you don't call her a slut, you whore!"

So far, there have been no further entries into this epic tale.

#4190 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:29 AM

PRT: I wonder if that :yuck: emoticon is still in use...

Edit: awww... sad.gif

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 27 December 2006 - 09:29 AM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#4191 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:57 AM

Random thought - I am sad to hear of the deaths of James "Godfather of Soul" Brown and former President Gerald Ford. May they rest in peace.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#4192 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:11 PM

Is it bad that my very first thought after hearing of Gerald Ford's death was replaying that old Dana Carvey sketch from SNL in my head?
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#4193 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:12 AM

He was the one in the Simpsons that moved in across the road after Bush Snr left, right? That's all I know of him.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#4194 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:41 AM

PRT: Why do we count with a base 10 system? Wouldn't base 8 have worked out so much beter for fractions and division and stuff?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#4195 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:00 AM

PRT: If I were to become a genetic-engineer, and would engineer two fingers off of our hands, would that make people want to switch to a base 8 system?

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#4196 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:53 AM

...hadn't thought of that, actually. So in theory, The Simpsons should be base 8, and I should have a sandwich.

Go! Go forth, and ensure the thriving of the 8-fingered monkey! I'll make you a sandwich if you do.

Less Is More v4

#4197 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:53 PM

Then you couldn't have your wee 'ittle metric system, since that'd be a pain in base 8.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#4198 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, Cyzyk's right, I can't do that. Metric is far better than imperial, period.

#4199 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Cyzyk @ Dec 28 2006, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you couldn't have your wee 'ittle metric system, since that'd be a pain in base 8.

Really? I'd have thought it wouldn't be much different, and marginally easier, what with all the division by 2 and 4. Might just be me.

Less Is More v4

#4200 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:34 PM

Screw you, metric system!
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

• (329 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size