• « First
  • Last »

Pointless random thoughts...

#3001 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:34 PM

Sounds like someone had a run in with higher management today.....

Hmm... perhaps... (how did you know?)

Our resident computer fixer is out with 6 heart bypasses and so I (assistant computer fixer) had a busy day yesterday. It was like those video games where there are these people breaking stuff, and you have to run around and try to fix everything before the building burns down. Fun fun fun.

This post has been edited by Dorothy: 11 January 2006 - 01:37 PM

"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

#3002 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:42 PM

Standard office politics. The higher up the chain of command you go the less able you become with the most basic of company resources. It's probably linked to the huge wages cutting off all logical thoughts in the brain. That's why all management types have personal assistants.

EDIT:- Oh and Dorothy, most companies use a key press logging system, so hiding your text won't save you if you're active at work.....

This post has been edited by Laughlyn: 11 January 2006 - 01:44 PM

IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#3003 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:50 PM

crying.gif

I seriously thought about revoking everyone's computer privileges... I could steal them off of their desks, and pile them in a corner and sit on them and shoot thumbtacks at anyone who comes anywhere near me. laugh.gif Maybe they'll fire me.

I know, I was just hiding it so that anyone who is tired of hearing me complain about work can ignore it. Except you, of course. Everyone here already knows how I feel about them. Apparently I have an expressive face... wink.gif

This post has been edited by Dorothy: 11 January 2006 - 01:55 PM

"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."

#3004 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:59 PM

A little extreme, but most techs tend to go a little haywire after a while. I'm sure once the digital age is fully upon us they'll generate a suicide rate only matched by Air traffic control.

EDIT:-Agressive face? I always thought that librarian look was very sweet. I suggest freaking them out a bit more by going to the coffee machine every 15 minutes (chuck the coffee on a plant or something), then start twitching madly and glaring at anyone who comes with 15 feet of you.....

This post has been edited by Laughlyn: 11 January 2006 - 02:02 PM

IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#3005 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:01 PM

Nonsense! Its a perfectly reasonable solution to people who are actively trying to destroy their computers.
I have developed the habit of yelling things to myself as I walk down the hallway, and singing nonsense songs and then cueing someone else to join in by yelling "take it (name)", and hiding under my desk, and once I answered the phone and (unintentionally) said my name was "Easy." Honestly, some people just don't get it.

This post has been edited by Dorothy: 11 January 2006 - 02:10 PM

#3006 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:03 PM

Yes stop the whole mainframe. BURN THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH NO!!!

#3007 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:08 PM

A little extreme kiddo, if you burn the mainframe then you lose your job, good office sabotage involves making it look like you're really busy and gaining as much credit as possible whilst doing as little work as you can(and blaming someone else for the cockup in the process)

QUOTE (Dorothy @ Jan 11 2006, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nonsense! Its a perfectly reasonable solution to people who are actively trying to destroy their computers.

A perfectly reasonable solution would be to book yourself a weeks holiday and dump them in it. Make sure to call the office once in a while just to check how they're doing. devil.gif
IPB Image

#3008 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:10 PM

NO BURN.......BBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNN

devil.gif

:angel:
OH NO!!!

#3009 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:14 PM

All of a sudden I like you better.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#3010 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:15 PM

SET FIRE TO THE WHOLE BUILDING WHILE YOU"RE AT IT

Then, in the ash of the burnt building, draw Felix...with demon horns.
OH NO!!!

#3011 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:16 PM

Now you're just being silly. Everyone knows if you set fire to your workplace you should draw Gossamer in the ashes.

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jan 11 2006, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A little extreme kiddo, if you burn the mainframe then you lose your job, good office sabotage involves making it look like you're really busy and gaining as much credit as possible whilst doing as little work as you can(and blaming someone else for the cockup in the process)

Who would do something like that?!? whistling.gif

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jan 11 2006, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A perfectly reasonable solution would be to book yourself a weeks holiday and dump them in it. Make sure to call the office once in a while just to check how they're doing. devil.gif

I actually almost did that, but it would've been next week, and I probably can't.

This post has been edited by Dorothy: 11 January 2006 - 02:20 PM

#3012 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:19 PM

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNN IT TO THE GROUND smile.gif
OH NO!!!

#3013 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Dorothy @ Jan 11 2006, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually almost did that, but it would've been next week, and I probably can't.

Well then you'll just have to complement yourself on wastig office time by posting on message boards. biggrin.gif

Or you could go down the dark path of sys-admins and see exactly how much you can abuse your new position.....

*Crystal ball moment; In an estimated 2 minutes, Ion Eon will post a one sentance reply on this topic*
IPB Image

#3014 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:32 PM

BUUUUUUUURRRRRRNNNNNNNNN!!!!

The Dark Side does sound intriguing...

#3015 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:53 PM

Oh don't you start.....

Thought the darkside may seem tempting, bear in mind that ultimately you'll end up as some kind of crazy office hermit, living behind a desk stacked with technical manuals, sleeping in the server room, and refusing to east anything but yellow M&M's (which must have been painstakingly aquired from the vending machines). You'll have to think up progressively evilier plans too, then one day you'll wake up surrounded by the smell of burning silicon, and you'll realise that you really have pyroed all the PC's in the building.

Oh fuck it, just burn the building down and be done with it.
IPB Image

• (329 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size