Chefelf.com Night Life: Call Centres - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Call Centres

#1 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:33 PM

Actually, I worked in a call centre for a cellular company last summer, and it was a very enjoyable job. Light work, nothing to intense, and the arsehole customers were the best ones. They were the ones you'd stand around and talk to people about in the breakroom. We had a nice breakroom too, but our internet computers required passwords, and mine never seemed to work. So I used the internet on my work terminal instead.
But these calls in particular, were most entertaining:
Disgruntled Customer: "Well then "I'll just cancel my service! What do you think of THAT, Mr. Smartypants?"
Me: "Thank you for choosing *name of provider*, and good luck *click*"
THEY NEVER SEE THAT COMING!

#2 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:50 PM

Nobody understands me face to face, so to expect me to work anywhere near phones is utter nonsense. Also, I have a slight fear of importent phone calls.

I'm quite fine developing photos and lifting heavy boxes...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#3 User is offline   SkinnedAlive Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:12 PM

I can't stand talking over the phone. I rely on body language when I can't think of what to say and I'm not a terribly quick thinker. This means that something even so simple as ordering pizza reduces me to a hopeless, blubbering fool. At least in person I can give a blank exp​ression and shrug instead of stammering and sounding like a smacktard.

#4 User is offline   der Mudda Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:43 PM

Strangely enough, Yahtzee had a similar phone phobia and would run away if the phone rang. He is getting better however.

There was another of those relocation programmes on last night and - guess what - it was an older couple with two teenage boys who wanted to re-locate to Brisbane. Not quite us because the boys were not men and they still had ties at home, however they stayed and the coast looked fabulous ALMOST as nice as our heavenly spot in Britain.

They eventually settled in Mooloolaba and their telephones were installed by the same company for whom Yahtzee is now working (begins with a T). So maybe when he is rich and/or famous he and Rhubarb might get a place there and we could come for our hols to escape the dreariest of winter weather?! Maybe there will be a permanent opening at that company if/when he decides to stay?

May the force be with you!
biggrin.gif
Don't hit your mum, she's doing her best

#5 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:07 PM

ive called (the company which he is temping for) for call service.. internet and phoneline. I found they were nice as long as you wernt an asshole. Unlike the tightasses im with now (Starts with o, ends in Tus) gits the lot of them. most of the time they wont even give me tech support even though im listed as the primary user and secondary contact.

#6 Guest_MaskedMonk_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:08 PM

That was a good update.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size