Chefelf.com Night Life: the kabal of old technology - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

the kabal of old technology have old tech? got questions? post here, felow collectors of old tech

#1 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Post icon  Posted 28 April 2006 - 11:42 AM

hey, humans, i am ringo, the master of old technology! however, i have a question: does anyone know how the hell to hook an old "apple" imagewriter II to a win9x box? if anybody and i mean anybody!!! has an idea as to how to do this, help me out, man! anyway, i gotta go... peace out, all you pitiful mortals! devil.gif

#2 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 28 April 2006 - 11:59 AM

I am interested as for not hearing about Apple Image Writer II Printers before. I know there may be a din connector but are there other interfaces as well?

#3 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 April 2006 - 12:07 PM

Sheesh, how many new kids are going to show up all at once? Shouldn't this be in the Tech stuff?
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#4 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:31 PM

Yes maybe this could be moved to the Tech Depot.

After reading, I see it is a serial printer.

I am not sure if you have a serial lead already, but an 8 pin Mini Din to a DB9 connector can be brought for it:

http://www.pacificca...?DataName=AM3-6

The next issue can be is finding a driver for it, as I can only find ones for Laser Writers.

The question I am thinking of: "Is there a universal or standard printer driver that could work with it?"

I know sometimes that custom written drivers are not simple to find, unless you can develop custom drivers.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 28 April 2006 - 01:49 PM

#5 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:20 PM

I know this guy. He can act odd sometimes, but he really does know his old technology stuff.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#6 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:10 AM

thank you infinate times, otal the lord of death! and nevermind the question @ the start of the topic, i figured it out after searching my printer drivers in my waaaayy too old but still "1337" "b0x0r" that i can install a text-only printer with the win95 disc.

the kabal o' old tech really is a kabal that i decided to form after realizing that i had no space. it can be joined by sending me a secret phrase @ ringorox@mad.scientist.com
fear me!!!!!!!! i am the gecko... vampire... dude. so... just fear my wrath, okay? just fear it goddamnit! fear!!!!!!! caffine is gooooooooooood.

#7 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Apr 28 2006, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this guy. He can act odd sometimes, but he really does know his old technology stuff.

What if I acted the same as you?

QUOTE (ringorocks24 @ May 12 2006, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thank you infinate times, otal the lord of death! and nevermind the question @ the start of the topic, i figured it out after searching my printer drivers in my waaaayy too old but still "1337" "b0x0r" that i can install a text-only printer with the win95 disc.

the kabal o' old tech really is a kabal that i decided to form after realizing that i had no space. it can be joined by sending me a secret phrase @ ringorox@mad.scientist.com

Oh what driver did it work with?

Sorry I do not even know what a kabal is in the term you use.

I once had an Epson FX 1000, it was so noisy and made screeching sounds, the only problem was that it had a hardware fault with the paper feed.

#8 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:17 PM

Okay... I'm gonna do it.

I'm gonna see what Dee just said there.

*reads*

Uh... Dee?

I was TALKING about RingoRocks.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#9 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ May 12 2006, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay... I'm gonna do it.

I'm gonna see what Dee just said there.

*reads*

Uh... Dee?

I was TALKING about RingoRocks.

Sorry, I did not know before to which person you said that to.

I sense an opposition from your wording.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 12 May 2006 - 07:41 PM

#10 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:08 AM

Hello, all you fooli- wait, if you are on this topic, than you must not be foolish, hang on...

Hello, all you slightly odd humans! Deepsycher, the imagewriter II worked with the "text only" driver, and all you need is the win 9x disc! As peter griffin would say "freakin' sweet!" as for the word "kabal" it means organization or conspiracy. so... all i can say is that the secret phrase starts with 'r' so take a guess! Also, i'll be changing my e-mail soon. I'll post it soon. PARTY ON!!!!!! YOU INSANE HUMANS!!!! DAOU-DOO-DOO-DOO-DA-DA-DUN-DUGGA-DUM! YEAH!!!!!

(Guitar solo. In case you have not guessed, i'm insane! Absolutely bonkers!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!!)
fear me!!!!!!!! i am the gecko... vampire... dude. so... just fear my wrath, okay? just fear it goddamnit! fear!!!!!!! caffine is gooooooooooood.

#11 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:14 AM

Sounds perfectly normal to me. sleep.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#12 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:18 AM

Hi, again. I just changed me e-mail. It's now: tekman@techie.com

So send me an e-mail with the phrase! peace out.

#13 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (ringorocks24 @ May 15 2006, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello, all you fooli- wait, if you are on this topic, than you must not be foolish, hang on...

Hello, all you slightly odd humans! Deepsycher, the imagewriter II worked with the "text only" driver, and all you need is the win 9x disc! As peter griffin would say "freakin' sweet!" as for the word "kabal" it means organization or conspiracy. so... all i can say is that the secret phrase starts with 'r' so take a guess! Also, i'll be changing my e-mail soon. I'll post it soon. PARTY ON!!!!!! YOU INSANE HUMANS!!!! DAOU-DOO-DOO-DOO-DA-DA-DUN-DUGGA-DUM! YEAH!!!!!

(Guitar solo. In case you have not guessed, i'm insane! Absolutely bonkers!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!!)

Oh I see, I never noticed that before. Generic/Text only driver.

Sorry I am not good at guessing secret phrases, other than my own.

Insane? I cannot tell, there are many kinds, I think of the term "nosane" or "allsane."

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 15 May 2006 - 02:53 PM

#14 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop

Post icon  Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:22 AM

Heres a bit of old tech for you: the Van De Graff generator in the boston M.O.S. Is almost 90 years old! also, i am seting up an i.m. d20 game soon. i'll post details and my s.n. later. For now, all basking in the glow of my insanity must be done here. LONG LIVE THE GRAND CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't ask, i believe that god is a GIANT CHICKEN! I mean, it makes more sense than worshipping a 2000-year-old zombie-hippie-carpenter! I mean, good chicken, man it's crazy! **cough** **cough** **jesus** **cough** **zombie** okay, enough of that... more ranting soon! (By the way, never and i mean NEVER ask me about the j.f.k. assassination.) i gotta go hang out with the evil snake i call the devil... bye! devil.gif

#15 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:44 AM

I have returned to wreak havoc once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, i'm back to rant for a post, just to vent. i hope that i don't p.o. anyone TOO much although i do want to rant for about 2-3 hours. By the way, what is the chefelf policy on cussing? You know, f-bombs, s-bombs and the rest of the gang? actually, that would be a kind of cool comic strip... The cussmen... Also, don't balme me for spelling or grammar errors, as i'm wwwwaaaayyyy over caffinated... gimme coffee!!!!! Curse you, john, stealing all by coffee... I'll get you, if its the last thing i dooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Tee hee hee... I just sounded like the wheelchair from "sweet cuppin' cakes" if you don't know what that is, go to www.homestarrunner.com to find out. Long live strongbad. How's it going, the devil... Take it away, the paper!!! smile.gif cool.gif devil.gif
the cussmen

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size