Chefelf.com Night Life: ZP -- Webcomics - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

ZP -- Webcomics Or should this just be a continuation of Yahtzee Vs. Cad?

#61 User is offline   Papas Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (freiheit @ Jul 5 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This fits in with him telling me that because Bill Watterson or Jim Davis doesn't use template, no one does. When I know others do and have seen numerous professionnal do so.

no accually...this would be the fabled ; something free, by definition, can't be over-priced....for better understanding, read joshofalltrades's previous post.

I doubt it took him more then 10 minutes, accually, I doubt many of his comics really take 5h, but my friend joshofalltrades said they do..or at least Tim buckley say they do.

oh, and one last thing.

Well I like the internet-like fashion in which you've replyed to my post with out reading the whole discussion and therefore are completely off with every single thing I've said so far rolleyes.gif next time be careful.

I don't know what's more laughable, your argument, the fact that you're defending Tim, or the fact you claim to be "mellow"

QUOTE (Ghello @ Jul 5 2008, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand that comic, is the joke really just him being Alone in the Dark? God I hope not.

Yup.

#62 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Ghello @ Jul 6 2008, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand that comic, is the joke really just him being Alone in the Dark? God I hope not.

Personally I enjoyed reading that. And his news post where he said he did the blackness all on his own over a painstakingly long period of time. He admitted it was one of the easiest he did.
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#63 User is offline   freiheit Icon

• New Cop

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Papas @ Jul 5 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know what's more laughable, your argument, the fact that you're defending Tim, or the fact you claim to be "mellow"

Yup.

You don't even HAVE an argument for me to be against right now mellow.gif As far as defending Tim, I'm sure his head is far enough up his own ass for him not to see the negative comments anymore. I'm just agravated when people bash on things for the wrong reasons (especially when their's tons of material to bash at) just because they need extra drama or have a brown nose and think yathzee is somekind of mythical god. I meen, "he uses templates" and "his (FREE) comic is overpriced"???

I gess maybe it's just because I don't get why people just focus on CAD...inlighten me! Why is it such a big deal? what have I missed with all my years of avoiding internet drama and restraining my forum visiting time? What sets CAD appart from penny arcade and 8-bit theater?

I meen, why not make a thread with a contest of who can find the comic with the most grotesque and cliché idea? With all the elf with magical expending boobs and neko-samourai-amnesic-ninja-magical-girls out there, you'd have material enough for pages and pages. Wouldn't it be a better way to extrapolate on the very few points and critics yathzee manage to fit in his ZP? Or how about debating the importance of graphics in the comic industry? Or the fact the talent of comic WRITTERS are very often overlooked because the illustrator can do both job, though, like in Tim's case, not be very good at it...

This post has been edited by freiheit: 05 July 2008 - 10:38 PM

#64 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:47 PM

Stop twisting my arguments into strawmen and then knocking them down.

I didn't say people paid for his comic. They pay for his crappy animated series and conventions. Don't think his animated series is crappy? Then you obviously haven't seen it.

Witness the horror!

The link is just a re-edit of the best (dumbest) parts of the show. Hold your nose, it may start bleeding.

Just a reminder, please stop tilting at windmills and address my actual argument.
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#65 User is offline   freiheit Icon

• New Cop

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Jul 5 2008, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stop twisting my arguments into strawmen and then knocking them down.

I didn't say people paid for his comic. They pay for his crappy animated series and conventions. Don't think his animated series is crappy? Then you obviously haven't seen it.

Witness the horror!

The link is just a re-edit of the best (dumbest) parts of the show. Hold your nose, it may start bleeding.

Just a reminder, please stop tilting at windmills and address my actual argument.

er.... I though we were talking about web comics...accually...the thread is intitled..."ZP--webcomics".. More so, you haven't mentioned and nor have I mentioned the animated series a single time up until now, but if you though the comic was poor, what did you expect out of an animated serie? Sudden redemption? There's absolutely no point in arguing about the animated series, I wholeheartedly agrea with you...it sucks. It's poorly animated and I've seen msn microphones record better sounds then that...and from the previews, the jokes are pretty weak...or more so...a bit like fan service? Or leftovers? It really should have been picked up by a real writter/scripter at that point.

edit: convention? As in, breath the same air as tim buckley in the local community center convention? Or as in, Tim is at this or this big convention?

This post has been edited by freiheit: 05 July 2008 - 11:17 PM

#66 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Patch @ Jul 5 2008, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally I enjoyed reading that. And his news post where he said he did the blackness all on his own over a painstakingly long period of time. He admitted it was one of the easiest he did.

Its just stupid, how is that funny? "Anyone there? No? lol im Alone in the Dark." I first thought it may have to due with its awful unjust reviews showing that noone bought the game. I think people who read CAD must have the most easiest to please sense of humor ever, it doesn't take anything clever, it just barely has to make sense and Tim gets more praise.

#67 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (Ghello @ Jul 6 2008, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its just stupid, how is that funny? "Anyone there? No? lol im Alone in the Dark." I first thought it may have to due with its awful unjust reviews showing that noone bought the game. I think people who read CAD must have the most easiest to please sense of humor ever, it doesn't take anything clever, it just barely has to make sense and Tim gets more praise.

You have said something incredibly stupid here. I'm going to be blunt with you.

You say people who enjoy CAD have easy to please humour because they, like myself, laugh at a simple pun. You decide it doesn't take anything clever to do that.

Naturally, when Yahtzee does a simple pun, you laugh. Naturally, it's clever to talk really quickly and point out flaws of a video game.

Of course, the things you like are clever, but the things you hate are simple. But hey, maybe ZP is as bad as CAD. I like CAD and that obviously means that my humour is simple to please and I also like ZP which means that's obviously getting to my simple view of humour.

No, no. Do NOT, I repeat, NOT say something like that without thinking about what I will say back. You have successfully made me think of you as an idiot.

The final line, 'it barely has to make sense and Tim gets more praise'. It's a simple pun, you said it yourself. How does a simple pun barely make sense.
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#68 User is offline   Thaluikhain Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (Ghello @ Jul 6 2008, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its just stupid, how is that funny? "Anyone there? No? lol im Alone in the Dark."

You obviously do not understand the subtle metaphors.

Also, there's another level to this joke...the "black" panels aren't uniformly black...it took me a while to see it, once someone told me what to look for, but if you stare at the "black" panels for a few minutes and see it, it's much, much funnier.

Please, please, please make someone try looking

#69 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (Papas @ Jul 5 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you seen this recent comic?

Someone please skull fuck me. My brain is going dead. Am I high? Is that a rainbow outside my window? Ooh look, a pink flying dragon. That can't be good. YOU can make a better joke than that.

Seriously. Even an Aspergar patient would come up with something better...I can even come up with some thing better than that.

QUOTE (DreamerM @ Jul 4 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm gonna stay above the fray. I don't have strong opinions on Ctl-Alt-Del or it's creator, as I don't read the comic and I haven't met the man. I have to say some very convincing things were said here as to the kind of ass the man is, but that'll remain an abstraction as I don't know him.

I'm just going to point out, Magicswordking, that Buckley might let his fans do his dirty work, but I don't think CAD's fans, devoted or not, pose any threat to Yahtzee. The Escapist isn't going to sack the guy who's single-handedly increased their traffic by 800% or something, especially not for stirring up the kind of controversies sure to drive their traffic even higher. Forum jabber, in the end, is just that. Tim Buckley himself would be the only one who might possibly make real trouble, but as you said, he doesn't fight his own battles and Yahtzee's own fanboy armada is quite huge, quite thick but quite devoted, and would flame the hell out of anyone who had the guts to publicly diss Yahtzee.

BINGO!

Though, too many hits might slow the server down and give the viewers some unpleasant experience with the site.

As for now, I'm just laughing at Tim's sad attempts at humor.

There isn't going to be any flame war. No one would aids around town. People would keep arguing with each other over an asshole and his crap.

#70 User is offline   MagicSwordKing Icon

• New Cop

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (Game Over @ Jul 6 2008, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There isn't going to be any flame war. No one would aids around town. People would keep arguing with each other over an asshole and his crap.

Isn't that the whole point of this thread? Its pretty much a pissing match between a barely-literate french-canadian and someone who misses the whole point of "barely literate" at this juncture.

There is one barrier thicker than idiocy when it comes to the internet and it is language.

#71 User is offline   FFreak3 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:54 AM

perhaps one of them would address the other's arguments if they actually put forward their actual arguments.

Anything that resembled an argument was claimed as a side-note.

Now, I like to be as concise as the next guy, but shouldn't your argument be a clear point, even to a retarded foreign baby with an ear/eye infection? (that is, they understand which part of your speech is the argument, even if they don't understand it?)

#72 User is offline   Papas Icon

• New Cop

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (freiheit @ Jul 6 2008, 04:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't even HAVE an argument for me to be against right now mellow.gif As far as defending Tim, I'm sure his head is far enough up his own ass for him not to see the negative comments anymore. I'm just agravated when people bash on things for the wrong reasons (especially when their's tons of material to bash at) just because they need extra drama or have a brown nose and think yathzee is somekind of mythical god. I meen, "he uses templates" and "his (FREE) comic is overpriced"???

I gess maybe it's just because I don't get why people just focus on CAD...inlighten me! Why is it such a big deal? what have I missed with all my years of avoiding internet drama and restraining my forum visiting time? What sets CAD appart from penny arcade and 8-bit theater?

I meen, why not make a thread with a contest of who can find the comic with the most grotesque and cliché idea? With all the elf with magical expending boobs and neko-samourai-amnesic-ninja-magical-girls out there, you'd have material enough for pages and pages. Wouldn't it be a better way to extrapolate on the very few points and critics yathzee manage to fit in his ZP? Or how about debating the importance of graphics in the comic industry? Or the fact the talent of comic WRITTERS are very often overlooked because the illustrator can do both job, though, like in Tim's case, not be very good at it...

Don't accuse me of brown-nosing Yahtzee. I held this opinion long before I stumbled on ZP or his games. The reason people focus on CAD is because it's a bad comic made by a bad person. Why is defending it such a big deal for you?

#73 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (Patch @ Jul 6 2008, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have said something incredibly stupid here. I'm going to be blunt with you.

You say people who enjoy CAD have easy to please humour because they, like myself, laugh at a simple pun. You decide it doesn't take anything clever to do that.

Naturally, when Yahtzee does a simple pun, you laugh. Naturally, it's clever to talk really quickly and point out flaws of a video game.

Of course, the things you like are clever, but the things you hate are simple. But hey, maybe ZP is as bad as CAD. I like CAD and that obviously means that my humour is simple to please and I also like ZP which means that's obviously getting to my simple view of humour.

No, no. Do NOT, I repeat, NOT say something like that without thinking about what I will say back. You have successfully made me think of you as an idiot.

The final line, 'it barely has to make sense and Tim gets more praise'. It's a simple pun, you said it yourself. How does a simple pun barely make sense.

If you can say something right it can be funny, look at George Carlin, his "Stuff" routine wouldn't be funny unless it was actually Carlin saying it. I could read it and probably laugh because I have that routine memorized and know Carlins voice, he uses his voice and facial exp​ressions to pull off the routine. If I read that without ever seeing Carlin in my life I probably would get a slight chuckle at best. Yahtzee talks fast, yes, it adds to the comedic factor, hes also a better writer which I hope you can atleast agree with me on, he also has a slide of humoreous pictures to match the things hes saying to add to the overall comedic factor.

If you give me links to CADs that are written aswell as ZP (I don't know why you're comparing these things) I will look at them all and give you my thoughts on them, some game comics he does have been funny, but not enough overall to make much a difference.

#74 User is offline   FFreak3 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:07 PM

I wonder if some trolls from the CAD forums are currently laughing at us?

#75 User is offline   freiheit Icon

• New Cop

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Papas @ Jul 6 2008, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't accuse me of brown-nosing Yahtzee. I held this opinion long before I stumbled on ZP or his games. The reason people focus on CAD is because it's a bad comic made by a bad person. Why is defending it such a big deal for you?

Well, 3 reasons really;

1-you can enjoy something made by someone stupid/questionable....no really... You'd have to stop yourself from doing a lot of things if you were to stop only at wether it's author is nice or not.

2- Because something being bad doesn't make it okay to invent more bad stuff about it. Stick to the accual facts (which in your case might be what you have done as I was not arguing with you and haven't read all you've said up until now)

3- Sincerly? I started reading CAD because it had a good enough bad joke/good joke ratio at the start and I can see why someone would enjoy it... So I'm a bit taken aback at how you all say it's the source of all evil. It's not great, I'll agrea, but for god's sake, it's not that horrible either.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size