Returns Welcome Back

#91 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Icey @ Apr 22 2006, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THere is an ignore function I think, that way he would just disappear. Could try that out man.

Unfortunately, it's not enough. When he's turned the whole of the News Desk into a complete mess just by posting it's time to do something about it.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#92 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:42 PM

It is pretty regoddamndiculous. I keep going in there to try to read the posts from the last few weeks but its just a bloody mess. I think I'll chock the rest of the Crappy News up as a loss.

#93 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (floppydisk)
Unfortunately, it's not enough. When he's turned the whole of the News Desk into a complete mess just by posting it's time to do something about it.

Yeah, it's really not enough. But my oh my... having not to read those sentences even for one day sure did feel like paradise...

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 22 April 2006 - 03:51 PM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#94 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2006 - 04:08 PM

I'm rid of him. What would be really great would be if everyone ignored him and while he would still be postining amid people saying "Remember Deepsycher?"
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#95 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:29 PM

Just saw:

Well, I see who is following what now. Starting to make sense from the "pushy behaviour" as before, but this time trying to get everyone to ignore what is "not liked or opposed," forcefully without trying polite simple ways to sort out the issues people have against others. Discussing people like this as to pretending they are not here seems rude.

QUOTE (floppydisk @ Apr 21 2006, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. Welcome back.

In other news, I'm leaving. I don't know how long I'll be away, but I'm not coming back until Deepsycher's gone. I cannot stay sane for very long while reading his posts, and I know that most everyone feels the same way. I'm still not sure why the mods (I hate using this word, it feels like saying "pig". I like all the mods here) haven't banned him yet, but I'll be contacting Hecc to see what he'll do. Trying to read Dee's posts is like trying to slog through 4chan.org's /b/ message board. Fun at first, but I feel my sanity start to slip away after the first hour or so. I'm not even kidding either, reading his posts is like getting my hand shoved down a meat grinder.

So, until he's gone, bye bye!

(if you want to contact me, I'll be checking oneangrypirate AT hotmail.com every day)

I am sorry but it is not my fault you have something against me. You mention for me to go to 4chan but I do not understand the use of the abbreviations there and the swearing I saw. "Don't recommended something to someone you wouldn't recommend to yourself."
Remember I have differences as well, if you do not talk to me, how am I mean't to know?
When you try and assume people, this is what happens, in my case always.
Banning people is not the answer to the issues inbetween. I do not intend for anybody to leave if there are issues inbetween, I try and sort those differences out, so there is a less likely chance it could happen again.

QUOTE (Icey @ Apr 22 2006, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THere is an ignore function I think, that way he would just disappear. Could try that out man.

Trying disappear people like that could impact on your social behaviour, somewhere. You do not even know me, and because for being unable to express your feelings to basic words to me, does not mean I am being rude.

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Apr 22 2006, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good to be back. Actually, I'm a scared - trying to dig through all the stuff I missed is a little intimidating - but ive got 16 hours of drill weekend and absolutely nothing else to do, so I'm going to give it a shot.

Incidentally, I've become quite proficient at ignoring any and all posts that have Dee's name attached to it. Unless I'm really bored, then I read em just for something to do.

Well you seemed to have failed at that today by talking to me as if I was not there. I do not remember being rude to anybody, but being assertive.

The "mess" caused at the News desk was in response to comments made against me, whilst trying to invoke the subject a number of times, simply "expect for what you give."

Most of all, instead of sorting out the differences and conflictions here, people seem to be working against, rather than working together. I am trying to make an effort here in talking, asking to underatand and it is not my fault that my differences goes above some people's boundaries of what is not right to them. What is not right to me from a fair perspective, is about making assumptions on people when they are present persistingly, from a range of things, like a robot, troll, none English speaker, etc. "Assuming people persistingly when there is a chance to ask them in the first place."

Well I do not think it may make much of a differences if I am heard or not heard now anyway.

I am open, for when you want to sort these issues out politely and respectfully. No offence meant.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 22 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

#96 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:04 PM

... What the hell? And I thought the complaining thread was petty. Floppy, Gobbler, and Abbey, you are at the very pinnacle of bad form with your posts. If you have a complaint against someone, actually talk to a moderator about it and see what can be done. Don't openly complain about and attack the member on an arbittrary thread.

Those of you complaining about too many posts: For the record, posting isn't a crime. This is a fucking forum. Barend has over 9000 posts, a good 70% of them are just simleys, but nobody mentions that. You also don't need to read anything you don't want to. See that little gray arrow on the right side of your screen? It's called a scroll button, and you can use it to go past the post you don't want to read. I thought we were above this sort of middle-school clique mentality, and I am dismayed to find out that I was wrong.

This behavior is astounding and dispicable. I can't believe that a forum of geeks can relish in find someone to ridicule and ostrasize for no damned reason that's worth getting worked up over. How low can you possibly get? DS came here just looking for some people to talk to, just like everybody else, and simply because he can be difficult to understand, he is belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and prominantly and openly rejected. We're supposed to be accepting, open, and tolerant of one another's differences.

There are no proper words in any language known to man to express my despair, my rage, my sorrow that even in a forum that was founded on talking about Star Wars, people are still allowed to act like ten year olds not letting the kid with glasses play with them because he wears glasses and he doesn't. This time the kid doesn't speak the way we do, but it's still the same principle. It's petty, and we're all old enough to understand that it is.

Honestly, Floppy, if you're going to act like that, I'm not very sorry to see you go. It saddens me to say that, because you seemed like a very cool guy until your last post.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#97 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:52 PM

Well, I can only speak for myself here but I don’t have any issues with Deepsycher as a person or anything, but its insanely frustrating to sit through his posts. You say, well, you don’t have too read them - but its hard to follow what’s going on without at least skimming through them. Then five pages later you realize that he’s just shooting a bunch of salad - which isn’t even that bad, but he wont even admit that English isn’t his first language. That’s the part that really gets me. He’s either lying about because he thinks were all idiots or he’s lying about it because he’s trying to piss people off. Either way it isn’t cool.

You cant say two words to him without him turning it around and picking it apart and spewing a bunch of nonsense. Its frustrating Slade and there’s a lot of people who think so. When people get incredibly frustrated they tend to get a little crabby and their immature side begins to surface. Its human nature and it cant always be suppressed.

Deepsycher I’m sorry if I pissed you off. At first I thought found your posts cute, but my feelings for them have moved into a much darker place. Especially today. I can usually skim through them in moderation, but trying to catch up on 3 weeks worth of posts and 60% of them are yours and their a bunch of questions of stuff that all English speakers should know is really a lot to deal with in an 8hr period. Please don’t be offended if I keep you on ignore at least for a few more days.

Slade, I’m an evil girl, but I’ll do my best to not direct my evil at any one person in general. I hate when people are outright cock suckers to me and I don’t want to do that to somebody else just because I don’t have anything better to do. Tá brón orm.

#98 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:16 PM

It may be strange because you could the same and not admit it.

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Apr 22 2006, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I can only speak for myself here but I don’t have any issues with Deepsycher as a person or anything, but its insanely frustrating to sit through his posts. You say, well, you don’t have too read them - but its hard to follow what’s going on without at least skimming through them. Then five pages later you realize that he’s just shooting a bunch of salad - which isn’t even that bad, but he wont even admit that English isn’t his first language. That’s the part that really gets me. He’s either lying about because he thinks were all idiots or he’s lying about it because he’s trying to piss people off. Either way it isn’t cool.

May appear like that you of "shooting a bunch of salad", but maybe not for other people I was intending, including me.

"but he wont even admit that English isn’t his first language"

As again, English language or not, putting it down to either could be an assumption, except now I am here telling you, I cannot speak any other language other than English.

So are you making a two sided restricted assumption here that I am "lying" to make people "piss" or to annoy them, or think that I think you are all "idiots" ? I do not think you are all idiots, I could say and lets say "They behave like idiots." But not "You are an idiot." Lets refrain from using "You are this," implying this physically to someone that is unknown.

That’s the part that really gets me. He’s either lying about because he thinks were all idiots or he’s lying about it because he’s trying to piss people off. Either way it isn’t cool.

This sounds for the negativity. "If you see me as negative, will be negative." In appearing to be negative. I do not use the word "cool," and I never said it was. You are tripping up on your own statements here for that assumption of "either" and "Either way it isn't cool," that is all your assumption, which isn't "cool" either. Just shows how "cold" you are for assuming.

You cant say two words to him without him turning it around and picking it apart and spewing a bunch of nonsense. Its frustrating Slade and there’s a lot of people who think so. When people get incredibly frustrated they tend to get a little crabby and their immature side begins to surface. Its human nature and it cant always be suppressed.

It may be spewing to you, but sense exists inside, if you do not know the sense, avoid demeaning my statements and do ask. I pick bits out to justify and assert myself. So it is not nonsense to what I am saying, if it is understood correctly as I intended. Also which kinds of two words are we talking about? And not assuming the whole lot from those two words in example.

Just because "everybody" is going to the park, it does mean I have to follow. When people get frustrated with others like that, it could show the inflexibility they have, and their way of asserting themselves to certain situations. It is human nature to learn, and to be assertive, make mistakes but admit them, and don't feel "stupid" for it, or make fun out of other people because of appearance.

Deepsycher I’m sorry if I pissed you off. At first I thought found your posts cute, but my feelings for them have moved into a much darker place. Especially today. I can usually skim through them in moderation, but trying to catch up on 3 weeks worth of posts and 60% of them are yours and their a bunch of questions of stuff that all English speakers should know is really a lot to deal with in an 8hr period. Please don’t be offended if I keep you on ignore at least for a few more days.

In return, don't respond to me if you ignore me.

Slade, I’m an evil girl, but I’ll do my best to not direct my evil at any one person in general. I hate when people are outright cock suckers to me and I don’t want to do that to somebody else just because I don’t have anything better to do. Tá brón orm.

Using any energy in the right way can help but not negatively towards people.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 22 April 2006 - 08:37 PM

#99 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Apr 22 2006, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I pretty much agree with what she said... sleep.gif

Edit: And have you even looked at the News Desk lately, Slade? It's not so much that Dee's hard to understand, it's that he doesn't appear to understand basic human concepts and he turns conversations on their ear by talking about pregnancy and whatnot.

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 22 April 2006 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#100 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ Apr 22 2006, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I pretty much agree with what she said... sleep.gif

Of course, just shows the ignorance as well from your previous statements. You are agreeing to some assumptions, like you normally do to me.

Did you read mine?

Not good to agree with just one person without reading and understanding from what both sides has to say.

Edit: And have you even looked at the News Desk lately, Slade? It's not so much that Dee's hard to understand, it's that he doesn't appear to understand basic human concepts and he turns conversations on their ear by talking about pregnancy and whatnot.

You may understand what is visible to you, but not the whole lot, and seems to leads into assumptions. Well you start conversations on pregnancies as well, and I am curious to ask and hear. Basic human concepts is a wide area, does not mean I do not know all basic human concepts. Good of me to ask though on what I do not know.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 22 April 2006 - 08:50 PM

#101 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:39 PM

Would I be able to read it without killing myself?
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#102 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ Apr 22 2006, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would I be able to read it without killing myself?

I read yours and the above.

Is it because her statement is easier to read than mine?
Even though mine states logical facts and barely claims on assumptions.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 22 April 2006 - 08:46 PM

#103 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:46 PM

You could not read it and kill yourself as well. If text makes you feel so emotional and upset, that you need to go out of your way to make another human feel terrible for being, then you have some issues.

#104 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (Icey @ Apr 22 2006, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could not read it and kill yourself as well. If text makes you feel so emotional and upset, that you need to go out of your way to make another human feel terrible for being, then you have some issues.

Sorry, I do not know to which person this is for.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 22 April 2006 - 08:59 PM

#105 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:58 PM

This is for whomever it applies to. As long as you're not going out of your way to make anyone miserable here, it doesn't apply to you.

• (31 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size