Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Lazy Woman's Dinner

#1 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

Ahhhhhh, pasta. What did we ever do before you? Tonight was another one of those nights where time, time and time were the most important factors in putting tonight's dinner on the table. Since it was dinner for one, I turned to pasta, also known as, the single easiest thing to make for dinner.

I decided to make a variation of this recipe for Spaghettini with Spicy Escarole and Pecorino, but substituting whole wheat linguine for the spaghettini,and adding some garlic scrapes to the mix, as well as a splash of lemon. It was pretty good -- the texture of the escarole was a nice counterpoint to the linguine. Next time, I'd add more red pepper flakes and more anchovies, I think -- it could have used some more spicy. And oh yeah, Epicurious: you do NOT need any pasta water to add in. In fact, you don't need to add the cup of water they call for the steaming either: there's plenty of water in the escarole to go around.

Pictures to come later -- the picture-uploader just came home and is developing his own opinions on the anchovieness of the pasta. (Current verdict: needs more).

View the full article

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic