Chefelf.com Night Life: Post Count - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Post Count Do you want the old counts imported

Poll: Should the old Message Board Post Counts be imported to the new Message Board?

Should the old Message Board Post Counts be imported to the new Message Board?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Rory @ May 13 2004, 06:31 PM)
I am just arguing on logical grounds, Nate. If the lanceandeskimo message boards are truly dead, I won't shed a tear. What I do believe, however, is that it is wrong to mislead the public. If that belief constitutes an emotional investment, so be it.

You are just arguing because all you ever do is argue. If had said what you are saying now first... you would be arguing the other side of that. You are like some sort of weird cave-dwelling creature that doesn't need food or sunlight, only endless arguments.

You however, seem to be bent on hurting the very fans you claim to support. For what purpose? I have no idea.

Yes, Rory, that is my ultimate goal. There is nothing I would like more than to hurt the fans of chefelf.com and LNE. For what purpose? Well obviously for a HUGE monetary gain. I thought that much was obvious.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#32 User is offline   Rory Icon

• Supreme Master of all Lance & Eskimo and Chefelf Forums EVER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:17 PM

First of all, I am glad you have at least enough guts to admit that you are somehow trying to exploit us all for monetary gain. You evil evil man.

Secondly, just because I happen to see a lot of injustice in the world does not mean I argue for the sake of arguing. In fact, I simply cannot see arguing on any other side. What would my argument entail? That the lanceandeskimo forums SHOULD be some sort of puppet forum? That people SHOULD NOT get the credit they deserve?

How do you conclude that Im only arguing for the sake of arguing Nate? Look at the beggining of the other thread. I made my views very clear, well before you even took a stance on it. I only started arguing when you took a stance that was more or less opposed to mine, and invited further disccussion and reasoning, which I was more than happy to give. You claim to be open minded; you claim to want to listen to everyone's views, yet it is very clear that you are intent on shutting me down.

Exactly, what barrier stands in your way Nate? The public has spoken. We've taken a poll. The majority of the people who care want the posts to count. If you were truly open minded, and didnt have a (money grubbing?) agenda, you would see that.

I've noticed you've taken to personal attacks, something that has offended me greatly. I have responded in kind. I fight fire with fire nate. However, the important thing to note is that my personal attacks are COMPLETELY justified; yours are just mean and baseless.

I challenge you to point out an argument Ive ever seriously made that is inconsistant with my principles. If I truly argue for the sake of arguing, as you say I do, I should be FREQUENTLY contradicting myself. Yet, as far as I can tell, this isnt the case.

Take this very argument for example. In the past, in a similar situation, in the older version of this very message board, i argued FOR keeping the posts visible. This set a precedant that I believe people deserve credit for posts they have made. How does my current argument that the posts from the older version of the lanceandeskimo forum should count towards the newer version contradict my previous stance in any way? The answer, of course, is that they dont. They reinforce my views.

This post has been edited by Rory: 13 May 2004 - 07:27 PM

#33 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:37 PM

Oh, just kiss already.

#34 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:46 PM

Tell you the truth Rory, I've read your posts, and I'm still not sure what you are talking about.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 13 May 2004 - 08:01 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#35 User is offline   Rory Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Interests:Well, I enjoy a fine bottle of scotch sometimes. I am also interested in women. I'm not a homosexual, if that is what you are implying. <br><br>I also enjoy skateboarding, riding the cerf, killing bugbears, and Stratego. <br><br>I am a devote Catholic (in case you couldn't tell! lol). <br><br>Other than that, I am just a normal guy. I believe Nixon got it right the first time, that we should live in a society with an elaborate caste system, and that the only thing better than looking like a million bucks is Being a million bucks... Literally!

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:56 PM

I dont think there is anything to tell. Chefelf has admitted that he can, somehow, make money off of this. That is all that matters.

This post has been edited by Rory: 13 May 2004 - 07:57 PM

#36 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:02 PM

Can Chef make money of this? How? I don't know whats going on. I thought we all came here to bitch and complain. To share news, laugh debate.

Posting for stats is stupid. Sure I par-took in "word of the day" but at first I thought it was for humor. But then I realized it is only a means of uping numbers. You could take all my counts away from the topic, I would not mind.

I don't care about numbers, and for the most part people here don't seem to either. The usual faces from LandE were all pretty casual people. We debated, laughed, informed, and complained. I enjoyed it, even though 99% of the people did not like 99% of my viewpoints.

But overall I think we enjoyed ourselves. Then people stopped going to the forum. Then I came here, met some new people, some old. Converstation was better here so it was here that I stayed.

So I'm confused. Are people really wronged? Is someone really profiting? what the hell is the problem?

Anyways, that was my mindless rambling.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#37 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:14 PM

Nobody's really wronged, and nobody's really profiting. Everyone is just bitching.

Rory, if you want to take the job of purging the spam from the old message board every hour of every day, you're welcome to it.

#38 User is offline   Rory Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:31 PM

God, why would i want to do that? What the fuck does that have to do with this discussion anyway? Do you just want to punish me because I believe people that the posts people made on the old version of the lanceandeskimo forum should be counted on the new version (supposedly) of the lanceandeskimo forum?

#39 User is offline   Rory Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:32 PM

"You are completing misinterpreting what I'm saying, Nate. I'm not complaining about the new "face" of the lanceandeskimo message board, at all. I never said I was. I was merely responding to Caolan's claim that the lanceandeskimo message board is officially dead. If all that has changed about the lanceandeskimo message board is its appearance, as Jordan claims, then there should be no question about counting the old posts. They were made on the lanceandeskimo message board. This is the lanceandeskimo message board. Therefore, the posts should count. Its a very simple argument."

Laura, I direct you to this quote from a post i made earlier.

#40 User is offline   WalrusOfPlastic Icon

• Not Greg
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:17 PM

I think Rory has a point in that his viewpoint is not to return to the old message board and it hasn't been. Somewhere Nate and Laura have misread something. That's okay. It's not wrong to misread something. I do not hate anyone forever because of it, nor do I wish them any misfortune.

And I want to make a point that I don't condone any of this pointed attacks on one another. Particularly on saying that Nate is attempting to hurt anyone. Not that I have any power to do anything about it, more if I did, I probably would you use it. (Not in any cencoring sort of way, but in some other way I have yet to think of.)

If I were to pick a side it would be with Jordan and his quote, "what the hell is the problem?"

It seems to me like everyone is looking for some anguish and loss as the old message board transforms and frankly there is none. Not in the complicated anals of Rory nor the quick witted quips of Laura. It just happened and everyone is really okay with it.

So, again, "what the hell is the problem?"

#41 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:25 PM

Yeah really, a simple "Do you want meaningless credit for posts you made on a different message board?" question has turned into a venemous debate. I don't see Nate as the type who would attempt to profit from a site when he has made several highly generous offers regarding web hosting in our recent discussions. Maybe I'm wrong, but that does not seem like something he would ever do, unless he only put the money directly back into the site in some way.

#42 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:25 PM

Rory, I don't understand, then. You are upset about becoming part of the Chefelf messageboard. The only options, then, are to go back to the old one, which you've said you don't want; or to not have a messageboard, which seems unnecessary, because it's not hurting anyone and you can just ignore it if you don't like it.

This is dumb.

#43 User is offline   WalrusOfPlastic Icon

• Not Greg
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:32 PM

No no no no. If I may speak for Rory without his permission. I have interpreted that if this is still going to be called the Lance and Eskimo message board than it would only make sense to add the posts of those who have been posting on the Lance and Eskimo message board. If however this is no longer actually the Lance and Eskimo message board and is only pretending to be, than lets face the fact that the old message board is officially dead and step out of this half state we are in.

The other option being overlooked though (I think) is the option to remove the count all together on the Lance and Eskimo board. So as to have no rankings at all. But I don't know how possible that is with this new board being an appendige of the Chefelf forums.

#44 User is offline   WalrusOfPlastic Icon

• Not Greg
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:35 PM

And I thought that whole money thing was a well meaning joke. Wasn't it a joke?

Where is Jon Gutner right now when we need him?

#45 User is offline   Hero4u2hire Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:I'm a chef,<br />xbox<br />bar conversations<br />cold weather<br />skiing<br />drinking beer<br />buying under armour stuff<br />Bragging about my BIL worked on starwars III

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:55 PM

I love you guys!

This post has been edited by Hero4u2hire: 13 May 2004 - 11:58 PM

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size