Chefelf.com Night Life: fashion styles of yore - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

fashion styles of yore what did you wear? what did you loathe? what did you want & never

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:00 AM

HHAHAH

He's not even close.

but at least he's car pooling, I hate seeing those things clogging up our freeways with only one person in each of them.

#17 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:12 AM

That's just the modern update of what Skinny Puppy were doing in the 80s. Douchebag fashion evolves right alongside everyone else's.

#18 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (mireaux7 @ May 29 2008, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
things i loathed:
tongue rings, people who wore dog collars, doc martens, wallets with huge metal chains on them, girls that wore black lipstick with metallic silver traced around their lips, people who pierce their earlobe big enough to lodge a cheerio in there, people who pierce their teeth (yes,.i have seen this), the leather sandals with excessive straps..always thought they looked like a pain to put on, people that wear the widebrim frame glasses that look retro 60's-ish like they bought their glasses from a Brady Bunch yard sale. anything to do with duckhead brand, people that wore their pants backwards (remember Kriss Kross?). Jnco jeans

Oh, man. I'm totally wearing all of those things today. Just kidding... I left my glasses at home.

Things I wore:

Carpenters pants; Pants with the legs folded over and rolled up; extra large t-shirts tucked in and poofy around the tummy; braids; spikey necklaces;

Things I hate:

short-shorts; bare midrif tops; netting shirts; spandex; dudes with no shirts; cuttofs so short you can see the pockets out the legs; Shirts that don't overlap at least an inch of your waistline.

Things I wanted, but didn't get:

Klingon Costume.

I watch a lot of KBS World right now, and it has influenced my style. I currently dress in several unnecessary layers. It is fun. Ok, so I have a wallet with a chain, but I keep it in my purse with the hearts and monkeys on it. I think they cancel each other out.

"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

#19 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:36 PM

The wallet chain is only bad when it's attached to some asshole who has it latched onto his belt loop. If it's safely tucked away, I don't think it's that bad.

This is bad:

If it's out of sight, you're fine.

EDIT:
I just realized this is one of those TRULY awful ones with the little clip on it for keys. Okay, I am guilty of wearing my keys on a back beltloop at all times (if I don't, I WILL lose them) but the chain AND keys is way too much. It makes me want to run up behind you with an intensely powerful electromagnet and tear the whole mess off.

This post has been edited by Heccubus: 04 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

#20 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:13 PM

If it's safely tucked away, why would you need a chain?

#21 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:51 PM

This is only somewhat involved with fashion, but I find myself looking at people my age or a few years younger, mostly tourists, and thinking how incredibly goofy they look. And then I feel like a crotchety old man for thinking that. But really, with their beach shorts and clothing from those stores that market to adolescents (you know, the ones so heavily perfumed that you gag when you walk in), some of them looking like they've had plastic surgery, I can't help but shaking my head and sighing. And then pouring myself a glass of buttermilk and going to bed at 6, because I'm an old man.

#22 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:48 PM

I just want them to pull their pants up.

Or I'm going to have to take up smoking again just so i can stick my cigarette in their crack when I'm done.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size