Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:02 AM

I loved Eternal Sonata...

#17 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (кaитaи&# @ May 28 2008, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The review was ok, i just wish that he would have spent more time reviewing the game in general instead of bashing the genre. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not some sort of JRPG nerd (the only ones I've ever really played was Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance and Fire Emblem, both great games) but i would like to make an informed game decision, not on what type of gamer I should be.

Also, just to be nit picky, Yahtzee mentions that he does what ever song it was on expert but during his review of Guitar Hero he mocks those who can manage such a feat. Just saying ...

I think he said they were fucking freaks, and at the same time he probably just got it and sucked at it, when I first got Guitar Hero I thought using that fifth button was a feat only jesus could perform.

EDIT:

Sorry for double post, I dunno what happened.

This post has been edited by Ghello: 30 May 2008 - 04:09 AM

#18 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (Patch @ May 30 2008, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then again, his fans probably love him for his hate. Being hated by Yahtzee is probably like a blessing in some wierdo fanboys convoluted logic.

Kinky. Like masochism except with words.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#19 User is offline   Papas Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

Oh, don't overanalyse Yahtzee. He's not hating anything for the sake of hating it - he's just a guy on the internet who gets paid for his reviews which are just as much about comic delivery as honest appraisal. If he hates a genre, that's fair enough - I don't entirely blame him. JRPG can get *incredibly* dry. I personally don't think it's an unfair thing to do - list reasons why you dislike a genre, and then state that the game in question follows the genre in some aspects, but not others, which you then outline and comment upon. I mean, generic appraisal is an important aspect of any analysis of literature.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size