• +
  • Last »

GTA IV - AUS ver Australian version is edited

#16 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

I am going to wait until the game comes out on PC.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#17 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:19 AM

Me too, alhough it's going to be a long wait.

#18 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

It'll be atleast 6-9 months before there's a PC port. I'm glad I didn't wait to buy it, I've only had the game for about 36 hours, and I've already racked up 17.5 hours of gameplay. I think I'm pretty much addicted to it, might take me a while to get used to playing regular games again.

#19 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:45 PM

I really can't wait for Yahtzee to get his hands on this one. Is it fun? Yes. Does it deserve all the 10/10's it's getting? Absolutely not. It's not even close to a perfect game. It was worth the money but in the end somebody really must have paid a bunch of these reviewers to wank all over it.
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#20 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ May 3 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really can't wait for Yahtzee to get his hands on this one. Is it fun? Yes. Does it deserve all the 10/10's it's getting? Absolutely not. It's not even close to a perfect game. It was worth the money but in the end somebody really must have paid a bunch of these reviewers to wank all over it.
I don't know, when I get it you won't be able to move me from it, but I have a feeling that a ZP review would be basically the same as the Halo 3 review, only replacing "a guy in armour" with "an Eastern European guy".
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#21 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

Looked like a well-polished game to me, seeing the videos. I'll get on it once it comes out for PC.

#22 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ May 3 2008, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It'll be atleast 6-9 months before there's a PC port. I'm glad I didn't wait to buy it, I've only had the game for about 36 hours, and I've already racked up 17.5 hours of gameplay. I think I'm pretty much addicted to it, might take me a while to get used to playing regular games again.

I've heard it was quite good. Maybe it would be interesting to have Yahtzee review it.
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#23 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Chyld @ May 3 2008, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know, when I get it you won't be able to move me from it, but I have a feeling that a ZP review would be basically the same as the Halo 3 review, only replacing "a guy in armour" with "an Eastern European guy".

Like I said, it isn't bad and it's above average (in my opinion), but it isn't OH MY GOD I JUST ORGASMED 17 TIMES GIVE IT A 10/10 RIGHT NOW.

And it's way better than Halo 3.

#24 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

I don't know. It's the only game I've thought "I want to complete this game again" before I'm even half way through.

#25 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:07 AM

I'm glad you like it. I like it too. The problem is that every reviewer on the planet is sucking the game's balls ever so gently. The game has flaws. The game has some poor qualities that nobody is pointing out. It's great and maybe it deserves a perfect score from SOME websites, but not every last damn one of them.

Gamespot gave the game a 9.5/10 after playing their advance copy. That seems fairly accurate to me. I don't know exactly when it changed, but the next day I glanced at Gamestats to see what other reviewers were doing and noticed it became a 10/10 overnight. I'm not suggesting a conspiracy here. It just makes me a bit leery of reviewers.

That's the last I have to say on the subject, since I'm basically in agreement with everybody who says it's good. My problem is with the hype machine, not the product itself.

#26 User is offline   Uszi Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (David-kyo @ May 3 2008, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looked like a well-polished game to me, seeing the videos. I'll get on it once it comes out for PC.

It's pretty much polished to a shine, and then polished even further, so that the exterior becomes a mirror.

I would say that if it isn't a 10/10 then it's damn close. I feel like if you feel like it deserves less, than it might be a case of it not being your particular genre. But then again, there are a good few who haven't liked it.

Like I said, my initial reaction was a big wow at the total increase in realism... I mean, relatively speaking. San Andreas was no were near as realistic.

My second reaction was, Jesus, I don't doubt they spend $100 million developing this thing. The voice acting is all pretty good, there's 800 million billion little features, there is nearly no limit to what you can do in the game. A few things seem to be gone that I really enjoyed -- like modding cars, but I haven't finished the game so who knows if it will be in or not. But even just the internet in the game -- the fake websites are very entertaining, the TV news is entertaining and they'll comment on things, like if you save your crazy shooting sprees. Just the depth of the game is astronomical.

The sound track is... meh. I think San Andreas was superior.

I don't know. I feel like Yahtzee will enjoy it. I expect his comments to include something about the 100 million dollar price tag for developing the game though. That's crazy.
Do the Evolution!

#27 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (Uszi @ May 5 2008, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know. I feel like Yahtzee will enjoy it. I expect his comments to include something about the 100 million dollar price tag for developing the game though. That's crazy.

I feel Yahtzee should not review this game, just so we speculate further.
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#28 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Thaluikhain @ Apr 30 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, playing the game might not make you violent, but it seems wanting to buy it does:

Pre-launch violence
Prior to the release of Grand Theft Auto IV, there have been reports in the United Kingdom of violence perpetrated against people waiting to buy the game. One man was stabbed while waiting in line to buy the game in Croydon on 29 April 2008. Some bystanders said that they initially thought the attack was a stunt pulled to whip-up yet more excitement for the eagerly anticipated title.[109] In Leyland, Lancashire an 18-year-old man was mugged later the same day by two thieves who punched the victim to the ground and then kicked him, shattering his nose and jaw, before snatching the game and running away.

Lest not forget the number of people who got shot when the PS3 got released.

#29 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Game Over @ May 6 2008, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lest not forget the number of people who got shot when the PS3 got released.

Nice. I laughed. At the irony, of course. Not people getting shot.
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#30 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lxjzJnXtmF4

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Couldn't find the one with the bullet wound in his stomach but at least its a little more ironic.

Edit: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WNFla1MI-t4

This one at least mentioned that a guy got shot.

Again: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1FPIi9hVe4Q

This post has been edited by Game Over: 06 May 2008 - 02:41 PM

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size