Page 1 of 1

One Man Star Wars Trilogy

#1 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:08 AM

What's up with Star Wars these days?

A year ago there was no news and we tried in vain to get a discussion going about, well, anything. Now a year later there are lots of things going on; It's a revival, but a despised revival. Enough philosophizing. On with the show:

The stage-trained actor was as surprised as anyone when a Star Wars sketch condensing the 1977 movie into 20 minutes charmed audiences.

Ross says "When it took off it was a bit of a surprise to me. This is one of those things that struck a chord." Fortunately, it also struck a chord with Star Wars director George Lucas's company Lucasfilm, which didn't shut Ross down. "By the time I got contacted by them, I'd already had enough positive press behind me."

Ross describes the show as a retelling of the original bad-hair trilogy. "I've got the script down to one hour. I don't use costumes or sets or props."

You mean just tell it, by a "story". Wow. What an innovative concept. But surely there are C-3PO and Chewbacca suits so the fanboys aren't disappointed?

"No, man, this has to be portable. I could yank a bunch of costumes around with me but - correct me if I'm wrong - I think, no matter how much money you put into it, it would look kinda lame.

That last sentence nicely describes what's wrong with CGI too.

http://www.smh.com.a...9234927880.html

This post has been edited by Toru-chan: 30 April 2008 - 07:10 AM

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size