• (2 Pages)
  • +

7DaS and Doctor Who Episode titled '42'

#16 User is offline   Thaluikhain Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:06 AM

Yes, it was suspiciously like 7DAS. It was also the new companion version of that two parter with the black hole, which was suspiciously like Doom.

The main difference being that 7DAS didn't utterly suck. It's all very well to have nice special effects, but if you insist on really terrible writing there's no point.

Yes, Blink was very good, pity you have to get through two and a half series to get to it.

#17 User is offline   DreamerM Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (Thaluikhain @ Apr 8 2008, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's all very well to have nice special effects, but if you insist on really terrible writing there's no point.

Hear him. He speaks truth!

You CAN make a good movie despite terrible writing. Just look at the Pirate movies for examples of that. However, if you have good writing, you almost don't need anything else. If the audience is engaged, they'll forgive you almost anything.

QUOTE (Thaluikhain @ Apr 8 2008, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, Blink was very good, pity you have to get through two and a half series to get to it.

Blink works fairly well as a stand-alone. Though my favorite Season 3 episodes are always going to be "Human Nature/ Family of blood." The old-fashioned parable of the ordinary man who was the best part of an Ancient God was not only full of the symbolism I love so much but also heartbreaking enough to have me crying barrels. Plus it's been the example yet of Tenth Doctor's capacity for towering, Old Testament rage.

It's not stalking! It's artistic reference!

QUOTE (Game Over @ Jan 17 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have unlocked a new achivement!

Submachine sandvich: 200 Interwebz pointz!

You are a WINRAR and best pleyur EVAR!

The project that ate my LIFE!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size