Chefelf.com Night Life: Philosophy - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Philosophy are you made of philo or are you a sophist?

#31 User is offline   No Idea Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:29 AM

That we are all people is really as meaningless of an idea as the religion/race/nation/whatever that you yourself complained about.

By the way, nihilism is no represented in this thread.

#32 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

I disagree that at the root of every problem in the world today is the idea that noone cares for another. I see kindness al the time - not every day, btu a lot of it anyway - and we still have cancer.

I know there's a good chance that what you're trying to get to is that a lot of the problems of the world would be easier to handle with better corporate and government ethics, but please let's not go the corporate route and assume that every man woman and child you encounter is a heartless bastard. I think the success of JUNO is proof that people ultimately have soft hearts (and please everyone let's just not bother with the "soft heads" retort, because, yeah, right there with you). I mean, damn, that movie couldn't have been successful otherwise.

"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size