Yahtzee vs. CAD the decisive battle

#106 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Mordrorru @ Apr 3 2008, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Personal story about CAD forum and Tim*

Enjoy your stay at Nazi Germany populated with Aspergar (Ass burgers) and as(s)pies.

Thats sarcasm by the way, but I still feel sorry for you for being an ass licker.

Sir Alan Sugar would have said "you're fucked" if he was here right now.

Take this as a joke BTW, not an offense.

PS: User 'Suddenly' apparently haven't got laid in a long while.

This post has been edited by Game Over: 03 April 2008 - 11:29 AM

#107 User is offline   Kinuki Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:59 PM

Oh course it was an insult. Nobody likes being insulted, but calling my e-mail, "riddled with personal attacks" is a stretch and gives the wrong impression.

It's called hyperbole, and it's what he used. Do you expect precise language from everyone, or just those that you try and find reasons to hate? Seriously, unless you can tell me you've never used hyperbole to make something that happened to you sound worse than it was, I don't see how his choice of language is proof of him being an asshole. Now, if he'd said it was "littered with the foulest of language and full of personal, unending attacks on my character" or the like, then I'd see your point.

But that's just it. I did follow his rules, broke none of them, and was banned, officially for no stated reason. The unofficial reason? I dared to criticize him. You see no problem with that?

I don't, no. Well, I do in that that should be mentioned when you join the site, that you can be banned for any reason, but other than that, not really.
Yes, he pays for his forum. Yes, he can do whatever the hell he wants. Whether it is legal or not, fair or not, he can do what he wants. But the same logic could be applied to a Dictatorship, could it not?

Yes, it can. So what?

I challenge you, go to the General Discussion forum in the Ctrl-Alt-Delete Forums and post a new thread. Call it, "The Ctrl-Alt-Del Criticism Thread" and say, "Here's a thread where we can post constructive criticism about the comic" and see just how long it lasts.

I don't care enough to, but why don't you? It's you arguing, so the burden to prove your argument's on you.

Where've you seen it?

Everywhere? Who doesn't hop on the CAD-bashing train these days? It's like Bush-bashing, anyone with a few brain cells can do it, and they do.

Are you ignoring the part of my post, where I mentioned that simply posting, "Did Tim just get pwned?" in a joking manner is enough to get you a 7 day ban? It is not only douchabags that are banned.

*shrug* You're pretty crazy if you think Tim is constantly moderating those forums. It's his mods that do most of the banning and shit, not him personally. Do you think if one of us fucks up on this website that we'd get personally banned by Yahtzee? I doubt it. He's too busy making ZP and wearing hats to moderate an entire forum.

#108 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:20 PM

My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#109 User is offline   Mordrorru Icon

• New Cop

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:13 PM

It's called hyperbole, and it's what he used. Do you expect precise language from everyone, or just those that you try and find reasons to hate? Seriously, unless you can tell me you've never used hyperbole to make something that happened to you sound worse than it was, I don't see how his choice of language is proof of him being an asshole. Now, if he'd said it was "littered with the foulest of language and full of personal, unending attacks on my character" or the like, then I'd see your point.

I've never used a hyperbole to make something that happened to me sound worse than it was. cool.gif

or just those that you try and find reasons to hate?

Now why would I try to find reasons to hate Tim Buckley?

I don't, no.

Why not?

Well, I do in that that should be mentioned when you join the site, that you can be banned for any reason, but other than that, not really.

But it's not mentioned when you join his site that you can be banned for any reason.

Yes, it can. So what?

So you stand for unfairness and the power to censor and ban people for criticism, for the sole reason that he can?

I don't care enough to, but why don't you? It's you arguing, so the burden to prove your argument's on you.

I would, but I'm banned for no reason. That should be your proof.

But why don't you though? Find out for yourself?

*shrug* You're pretty crazy if you think Tim is constantly moderating those forums. It's his mods that do most of the banning and shit, not him personally. Do you think if one of us fucks up on this website that we'd get personally banned by Yahtzee? I doubt it. He's too busy making ZP and wearing hats to moderate an entire forum.

Of course I don't. So if I was to report to Tim that his mods are banning people for no reason, in my case it was a simple joke that Tim might have been pwned by this, he'd put a stop to it?

This post has been edited by Mordrorru: 03 April 2008 - 04:33 PM

#110 User is offline   Kinuki Icon

• New Cop

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

Now why would I try to find reasons to hate Tim Buckley?

Why does SA demean the people that site targets? Because they can. Maybe you don't, but I'm sure there are people who just want to justify their anger at being banned or whatever.

But it's not mentioned when you join his site that you can be banned for any reason.

But it does stipulate they can remove your posts, it seems:
"The owners of CAD Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."
Right off the rules presented when you sign up.

So you stand for unfairness and the power to censor and ban people for criticism, for the sole reason that he can?

It's the internet. It's not exactly the same thing as a dictator oppressing people, is it? The same theory applies, but the set of consequences are so far removed that to compare the two is laughable.

But why don't you though? Find out for yourself?

I already told you, I don't care enough to bother to. Whether he does or not is of no concern to me. You're arguing it, so I'm calling you out to prove it. It's not ym responsibility to back up what you say.

Of course I don't. So if I was to report to Tim that his mods are banning people for no reason, in my case it was a simple joke that Tim might have been pwned by this, he'd put a stop to it?

Have you tried? No? Then it's pure speculation on your part. Try, and then see what happens.

This post has been edited by Kinuki: 03 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

#111 User is offline   Mordrorru Icon

• New Cop

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

But it does stipulate they can remove your posts, it seems:
"The owners of CAD Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."
Right off the rules presented when you sign up.

But it seems, not to ban. Also note, it says "Thread" not "Post".

It's the internet. It's not exactly the same thing as a dictator oppressing people, is it? The same theory applies, but the set of consequences are so far removed that to compare the two is laughable.

It is the same thing, but as you said, on a much much smaller scale. The forum is run in a totalitarian way.

I already told you, I don't care enough to bother to.

How convenient.

Whether he does or not is of no concern to me. You're arguing it, so I'm calling you out to prove it. It's not ym responsibility to back up what you say.

I posted earlier, in fact about an inch above the sentance you just answered, I have been banned for no reason. I provide that as proof.

Have you tried? No? Then it's pure speculation on your part. Try, and then see what happens.

I am asking you whether you think he will. Think of it as a hypothetical question.

This post has been edited by Mordrorru: 03 April 2008 - 05:03 PM

#112 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

INTERNET ARGUMENT

#113 User is offline   Mordrorru Icon

• New Cop

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (AdamM @ Apr 3 2008, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
INTERNET ARGUMENT

#114 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Apr 4 2008, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that adds just that extra bit of taste to this thread.
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#115 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Mordrorru @ Apr 4 2008, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OWN GOAL.

#116 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Mordrorru @ Apr 3 2008, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This post has been edited by Ghello: 04 April 2008 - 08:41 AM

#117 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

Since this has nowhere to go but down (or up) in flames, may I humbly suggest...

A FullyRamblomatic Cat Thread?

My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#118 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:That place thats close to the thing you know the one

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Apr 4 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since this has nowhere to go but down (or up) in flames, may I humbly suggest...

I've been waiting my whole life for this. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (arien @ Jun 29 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#119 User is offline   bobsickle Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Rugby. PS3. PC. Sleep. Eat. Drink. Die. Woah, scrap that last one!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Apr 4 2008, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reagle!?
Tiredness can kill! Have a break, have a Kit-Kat.

#120 User is offline   Mordrorru Icon

• New Cop

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

• (27 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size