Chefelf.com Night Life: So how do you know if its really over - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

So how do you know if its really over falling out of love is a bitch....

#1 Guest_Hurting Like Hell_*

• Group: Guests

Post icon  Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:41 AM

so me and my lady have been together for about 1.5 years. The last 2 months have been really rocky though, and we seperated...but stil remained in contact, meaning we still hung out with each other and made out and stuff like that. Usually this is a sign that even though two people are seperated that there is a chance you are trying to work things out. But alas, a females mind doesnt work the same way ours does, huh fellas.

In the past 2 months, she's had difficulty finding time to call me, let me know how she feels, and hangs out with her friends more than me. Meanwhile, I on the other hand have been fighting tooth and nail to show how much I care for her and love her, I have never cheated or even considered leaving her for another woman. It also seems the only time she tells me she loves me is when I say it to her first. When she does say it, it feels more like its out of obligation rather than from the heart. Just last week, she told me she loved me and I had to know that, so I took that as a good sign and I thought things were going to get better.

Then this weekend came.

She takes a trip to Orlando, and supposedly has the time of her life. She went with her dad and his girlfriend. She calls me the day before she leaves and tells me she doesnt want to come back, she loves it so much. Then she tells me that she doesnt know about me anymore....I ask what that meant, she said it means that she doesnt know if she loves me or not. I asked her to tell me the truth, if anything happened down there that I should know about, no matter how much it hurts me, and she swears nothing happened. But I saw her the other day, and while she was in the shower I had to invade her privacy and I went through her phone. I found a number from some guy that lives in Orlando. I knew right then and there she met someone down there and was lying to me. So ever since then we've barely spoken and she wont respond to my text messages.

One thing I need to add is that she is 19, and right now I feel like she is going through some youthful shit. I am a good man and I have done everything I can to make this girl realize she has a good man (I'm 22) who is being as loyal as possible but I feel like I'm getting nowhere with her right now. I feel like she could care less if she loses me or not, but I dont want to let go because I know in my heart that she will realize she made a big mistake and will come back eventually. What should I do guys? I need advice. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:43 AM

You came HERE, to discuss THIS? (who are you, really?)

good luck. my advice is to go out and have fun. If you've been thinking about dating around, go for it. You're young and ought to make the most of your youth. If she's been seeing someone else, she won't have a problem with it. If she's not seeing someone else, you may become more attractive to her. At any rate, Enjoy life the best you can. I've learned one thing, just because folks get in the habit of saying I love you all the time, it doesn't mean the expressed emotion is true. On either end of the exp​ression.

once heard it put you need to kiss a lot of girls to realize what it is you want. this just may be your opportunity.

(Mercy, I feel strange discussing this topic. back to familiar turf:)

I loved Star Wars for years but I can't say that anymore. things change.

#3 Guest_Hurting Like Hell_*

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:59 AM

Well I know I mean it when I say it....I think it's become painfully obvious that she doesnt mean it anymore. Like I said I get the feeling that now its more out of obligation than from the heart. When you love someone so much and they dont love you back, it hurts man. A lot.

#4 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 05 May 2004 - 12:12 PM

I know, I've been there. And I've been there and back again. It can get pretty crucial, alright. best wishes.

#5 User is offline   WalrusOfPlastic Icon

• Not Greg
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2004 - 12:22 PM

If this is real, then I'm sorry, and if it isn't real... well than I'm still sorry.

That being said, I might suggest leaving voice messages over text messages. Text messages are pointless.

Good luck.

(Also, are you trying to be someone she would love or are you being openly you and in love with her? I would suggest the second one.)

#6 Guest_Hurting Like Hell_*

Posted 05 May 2004 - 12:32 PM

It's definitely the second one man.

#7 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 05 May 2004 - 01:53 PM

You came HERE, to discuss THIS? (who are you, really?)

lol!

I'm sure we could only give you the worst advice. My diagnostic: Go watch Starwars, and come back here and complain bitterly about it with us. Not only will it relieve tension, but it will also make you a *better person*.

*by that, I mean you'd be dragged down to our level.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#8 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 05 May 2004 - 03:13 PM

First of all, how old are you? If you're any younger than 20, just get over it.

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:49 PM

Im gonna be 23 in 1 week.

#10 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:48 PM

From personal experience, and experience of my friends the whole 17-21 age is a very difficult age for relationships. Even if both people are the same age it's just a time in life where there are so many changes going on in life that it is difficult for a lot of relationships to survive the adjustment.

You're just going to have to talk to her and express your concerns. Maybe the two of you are growing apart more than you realize. Maybe it's all in your head.

You won't really know until you have a serious talk with her. At the very least she owes it to you to be up front with you about her feelings and where she sees this relationship going.

I hope everything works out for you.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#11 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ May 5 2004, 04:49 PM)
Im gonna be 23 in 1 week.

Well then I'd agree with Chefelf on this one. Talk and see what results from it.

#12 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:56 PM

In the past 2 months, she's had difficulty finding time to call me, let me know how she feels, and hangs out with her friends more than me. Meanwhile, I on the other hand have been fighting tooth and nail to show how much I care for her and love her, I have never cheated or even considered leaving her for another woman. It also seems the only time she tells me she loves me is when I say it to her first. When she does say it, it feels more like its out of obligation rather than from the heart. Just last week, she told me she loved me and I had to know that, so I took that as a good sign and I thought things were going to get better.

It's over. If she loved you then she would not jerk you around, oh wait, yes she would.

My last girlfriend told me she loved me too, and told me that she would always love me, even though their was slim chance of ever getting back together.

She also gave you every single sign in the book. She even told you she "loves you out of obligation" this with the dudes number, never calling you....etc

Things are not going to get better, they are going to get worse, then you will find someone else, and then things will get better.

I had the same mind set as you did. "I have a feeling we will get back together" Never happened, and we dated for 3 years. The flame went out. The zest is gone. She is bored and wants something new. Complimenting her and telling her you love her at this point will only hurt you more. You are in the palm of her hand. She knows she does not have to to work to get you, she has you. But she does not want you, she wants a new guy...unfortunatley. By giving her your sob story, you are only re-iterating the fact that you are smitten by her. She can now weigh her options. She has you in one corner (sure bet) and other guys in other corners (not so sure bet)

I was jerked around for 3 months. It hurt like hell, I hated her, her family, and all Asian women (she was Korean), and at one pointed I hated everything Asian simply cause it reminded me of her.

If you are going to leave, leave with a bang. Tell her you don't love her and really don't care if she met someone else.

This will have 2 positive buffs
1) If she feels the same way, she will probably tell you, you get the honesty
2) She might start to like you again, she now realises that SHE lost you.

Deliver the statement in any form (letter email phone....etc) Don't be rude though, just be or at least try to sound honest.

That is my two cents, I don't think talking about it at this point will be productive. She made up her mind, now make up yours on how you want to end it for FINAL.

Champions go out in a bang, suckers fade away. It's not what you wanted to hear, it's what you needed to hear. Trust me it's over. And if for some reason she comes back cause she realizes you are the only man for her...... perhaps. But I would not bet on it.

Hope I was helpful

This post has been edited by Jordan: 05 May 2004 - 08:08 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#13 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ May 5 2004, 07:56 PM)
If you are going to leave, leave with a bang. Tell her you don't love her and really don't care if she met someone else.

Yeah, be sure to be mature about it. dry.gif

#14 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:44 PM

That can be mature

" I just wanted to say no hard feelings, I realize now that I don't love you as much as I used to, and think it's best that we go our seperate ways, good luck with the new guy"

#15 Guest_Hurting Like Hell_*

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:04 PM

I appreciate all the advice. Unfortunately, you guys might be right; it's pretty much over. I've called her all day, left text messages....not one damn reply. I know she doesnt care anymore. And I want to be sad and depressed, but something is keeping me from feeling that way. It's not pride, it's something else, I can't explain. If anything I'm more angry than saddened. Why?

Maybe it's because for almost two years, I was everything to this girl. I was her father, her brother, her friend, and her lover. Her father isnt exactly made of money, so whenever food got tight in the house I went grocery shopping for them and filled up the fridge. I knew she worked alot, so everytime I brought her home (after picking her up from work EVERY NIGHT as a daily routine, I might add) I would wash dishes for her and massage her. Everytime she cried, or had a problem, I was right there at her beck and call, no matter what time it was, I would be there to talk her and calm her down. She had no one to teach her how to drive, so I would take time out of my day to give her lessons and use my car to learn. There's so much many other little things I did for her that I forget. And you would think after all that, I could at least get some closure. A phone call. A letter. Shit! SOMETHING! Dont I deserve a solid reason and the truth why she feels like I'm not the one for her anymore? It's amazing how you can give 110% of yourself to someone, and never see the knife to your back coming. Never in a million years would you ever expect it from that person. Love is bullshit.

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size