#1 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ics/7290372.stm

Alcohol (Beer and spirit will go up)
Fuel
Cars (Range rover's year1 tax is 950 pounds)
Plastic bags (not free any more after the turtle incident)

Yahtzee, I suggest you stay a couple of years more in AU and save some money.

#2 User is offline   Dannysaysnoo Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:58 PM

Hurrah, now the drunks will go bankrupt!

#3 User is offline   DreamerM Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:32 PM

My federal government just pumped a $200 billion dollar rescue package into banks and investment houses. Foreclosure rates are at an all-time high. Gas pump prices have broken records, leading Chevron to pursue spending 7.3 billion on 3,000 oil wells in the Rockie Mountains. Record imports have pushed the US trade gap even higher. Not to mention huge budget cuts for education and health care across the board in every state. And the Canadian Dollar just caught up with the American one, which is just embarrassing.

All this is taking place mostly because we're spending trillions to fight a "war" but not raising taxes to actually pay for it. In fact, we're not raising taxes for anything.

Please forgive me if I don't feel too bad for you Brits.
It's not stalking! It's artistic reference!

QUOTE (Game Over @ Jan 17 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have unlocked a new achivement!

Submachine sandvich: 200 Interwebz pointz!

You are a WINRAR and best pleyur EVAR!

The project that ate my LIFE!

#4 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (DreamerM @ Mar 12 2008, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My federal government just pumped a $200 billion dollar rescue package into banks and investment houses. Foreclosure rates are at an all-time high. Gas pump prices have broken records, leading Chevron to pursue spending 7.3 billion on 3,000 oil wells in the Rockie Mountains. Record imports have pushed the US trade gap even higher. Not to mention huge budget cuts for education and health care across the board in every state. And the Canadian Dollar just caught up with the American one, which is just embarrassing.

All this is taking place mostly because we're spending trillions to fight a "war" but not raising taxes to actually pay for it. In fact, we're not raising taxes for anything.

The U.S is just stupid for the way they handle things.

#5 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Ghello @ Mar 13 2008, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The U.S is just stupid for the way they handle things.

That's a rather harsh generalization.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#6 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (Game Over @ Mar 13 2008, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee, I suggest you stay a couple of years more in AU and save some money.

We have a massively rising interest rate right now. Not great for home owners/buyers.

This post has been edited by Patch: 13 March 2008 - 12:41 AM

For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#7 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:That place thats close to the thing you know the one

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE (DreamerM @ Mar 13 2008, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sucks to be you but since we’re right there beside you fighting the same “war” you’ll forgive us for not feeling too bad back. All that really pisses me of is whiskey is going to cost 55p more a bottle and its set to rise 2p above inflation for the foreseeable future, so I cant even afford to console myself with a decent drink. dry.gif
QUOTE (arien @ Jun 29 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#8 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Mar 13 2008, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a rather harsh generalization.

It would be if I didn't live there.

#9 User is offline   DreamerM Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Casual @ Mar 13 2008, 04:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sucks to be you but since we’re right there beside you fighting the same “war” you’ll forgive us for not feeling too bad back.

Yeah...why ARE you doing that anyway? When you're friend is drunk and wants to drive home at high speeds through traffic while shooting firearms at passerby out of paranoia and some imagined transgression, you're supposed to get their keys and call them a cab, not hop in shotgun and tell them what a good idea this is. I thought a nation that conquered most of the known world would have more sense then that.

How many Brits have died in Iraq? I can't find a number anywhere.

#10 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Ghello @ Mar 13 2008, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be if I didn't live there.

No, I'm fairly certain it's still a harsh generalization wherever you live.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#11 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:55 PM

Maybe, but I can say it since I know first hand and I think we've also handled the war poorly, but thats it from me, discussing politics is pointless and stupid.

#12 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:43 PM

Watch in amazement as I deftly avoid the tax rises!

I don't drink, smoke, drive, have children, own property, or in fact pay any significant tax except for VAT. Huzzah for me!

QUOTE (DreamerM @ Mar 13 2008, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many Brits have died in Iraq? I can't find a number anywhere.

You'll find it under 'Friendly Fire Accidents'.

#13 User is offline   Legion Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Horror stuff, spicy food, RPG and FPS video games, decent novels, stand-up comedy, watching idiots maim themselves doing stupid things, Asian or Italian food and web surfing.<br /><br />Yup, I'm a complete geek.

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:09 AM

Heh, I'm in the same boat. Yay for not paying for another fuckhead politician to sit around Iraq and wank himself raw over a tank.

If the turtle incident refers to the turtle that nearly washed up on the beach after eating a plastic bag, that actually happened not too far away from my city. There was somewhat of an outrage raised over it too. It's a pity, considering that something as hardy and nigh-almost majestic as a giant turtle can be downed by a 2c plastic bag. Personally it pisses me off. I'll admit I am in fact not an animal rights activists and I think most of the PETA need to be lined up against the nearest wall and sodomised by a grizzly bear. It's just that it's a fucking TURTLE. We don't make turtleneck sweaters from their carcasses; there's no advertising or money to be made. Any food containing turtle meat is highly illegal unless you're an Aboriginal tribe holding a certain ceremony, and even then THEY need a permit. So in other words there's no reason for the creature to die from anything other than natural causes - and an old and most likely local giant turtle carks it because some dopey fuckwit decided that making a parachute out of a plastic bag in the hopes it could stretch his puny manhood out another two centimetres and thus enable self-fellatio pisses me off to an extent that I want to find the douchebag responsible and hold him underwater until he gets sleepy.

Then call in the grizzly.
I'm not pessimistic; I've just realised that the light at the end of the tunnel is an incoming train.

#14 User is offline   DreamerM Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Legion @ Mar 14 2008, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heh, I'm in the same boat. Yay for not paying for another fuckhead politician to sit around Iraq and wank himself raw over a tank.'

Curse those photo-ops. I swear.

QUOTE (Legion @ Mar 14 2008, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the turtle incident refers to the turtle that nearly washed up on the beach after eating a plastic bag, that actually happened not too far away from my city. There was somewhat of an outrage raised over it too. It's a pity, considering that something as hardy and nigh-almost majestic as a giant turtle can be downed by a 2c plastic bag. Personally it pisses me off. I'll admit I am in fact not an animal rights activists and I think most of the PETA need to be lined up against the nearest wall and sodomised by a grizzly bear. It's just that it's a fucking TURTLE. We don't make turtleneck sweaters from their carcasses; there's no advertising or money to be made. Any food containing turtle meat is highly illegal unless you're an Aboriginal tribe holding a certain ceremony, and even then THEY need a permit. So in other words there's no reason for the creature to die from anything other than natural causes - and an old and most likely local giant turtle carks it because some dopey fuckwit decided that making a parachute out of a plastic bag in the hopes it could stretch his puny manhood out another two centimetres and thus enable self-fellatio pisses me off to an extent that I want to find the douchebag responsible and hold him underwater until he gets sleepy.

Then call in the grizzly.

Random Grizzly Fact: The Grizzly is the California state animal (it's on our flag and everything). The California Grizzly has been extinct since the 1850s.

Sucks about the turtle. Someone carelessly threw a bag away, and it cost that animal it's life. In a horrible way too: choking and drowning. So stupid and pointless. Argh.

#15 User is offline   Sofox Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:19 AM

Animals are dieing all the time from discarded refuse, that's why you should always cut the rings of the plastic 6 pack holders before throwing it in the bin.

Personally, I think you can thank us Irish for the plastic bag charge. I believe we were the first to implment it, a few years ago too. Similar deal with the smoking ban in work environments (I know places like California have had bans that were similar for quite a long time, but after Ireland started it, I remember that a fair few other countries started taking note).

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size