Chefelf.com Night Life: Games that are noteworthy for things other than their gameplay - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Games that are noteworthy for things other than their gameplay

#16 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:20 PM

To bring in the Kane and Lynch talk in again(Not really speaking English), I had noticed that the game had already soled over 1,000,000 even with all those bad review and boycotting, during its two month sell (it reached 1M around 3rd of Feb).

This somehow proves that a game can be clunky but can be enjoyable if it is well done and treated as a work of art rather than a computer generated program with moving polygons which fat ass nerds and weirdos would buy to get massive 101 based erections.

This post has been edited by Game Over: 04 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

#17 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:15 AM

One of my housemates fall into that section. I bought Kane & Lynch, I don't see what everyone is complaining about. I mean, its not the best game ever, but what game is? (apart from Ocarina of Time I mean).

#18 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:35 AM

The only time I had any trouble with the shooting was in multiplayer, but that could be from a number of things plus killing people online always ranged in difficulty due to what they are wearing and such.

I really like this game, besides bad team A.I like in every team based game ever made, I don't have any complaints except going from the city to the jungle near the end.

#19 User is offline   Uszi Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:13 PM

Kane and Lynch made pretty good fun if you were playing with two people. I think that would be a good example where the premise of the game (stealing shit from banks... initially) outweighed control issues. I would say that Kane and Lynch had a fairly terrible cover system.
Do the Evolution!

#20 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Ghello @ Mar 5 2008, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...I don't have any complaints except going from the city to the jungle near the end.

Many were quite left out on what happened in between that period of time and how long did it take for Kane to grow a manly beard again.

QUOTE (Uszi)
I would say that Kane and Lynch had a fairly terrible cover system.

It was handy and automatic, but it had to pay a price back.
I kinda felt the same on some sections of GOW.

Anyone else agrees that the game had great dialog and unique character designs?
(yes, I'm a Lynch fan)

#21 User is offline   Sniffles Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:27 PM

Morrowind had a most frustrating combat system and is extremely hard to play once you've played Oblivion, but I still prefer it to its younger, prettier sister. Morrowind is the older, less outwardly beautiful, more bizzare older sister to Oblivion, but she has such a personality, as well as a singing voice. Don't get me wrong, I love both games, and if they were both suddenly personified into the girls I had just explained, I would probably do them both. But that won't happen, because it's impossible to turn video games into people.

Syberia. Great story, great characters. I know how you hoes love your adventure games, so play dis shit.

System Shock 2. Eerie atmosphere, interesting weapons, and intuitive, but not always well-implemented, game mechanics.

This post has been edited by Sniffles: 05 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

#22 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Game Over @ Mar 5 2008, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many were quite left out on what happened in between that period of time and how long did it take for Kane to grow a manly beard again.

It was handy and automatic, but it had to pay a price back.
I kinda felt the same on some sections of GOW.

Anyone else agrees that the game had great dialog and unique character designs?
(yes, I'm a Lynch fan)

That and gun fights in a jungle were boring compared to the gun fights at the bank, the night club, the diner, the skyscraper where you planted the bomb on that window, the tunnels after the bank heist, and the prison.

That's why I played that game initally, but the I wouldn't say the jungle ruined that game, it just didn't do it for me.

The covering system mighta being shitty, but it also helped.

GoW system was much better but it still had flaws, such as when I wanted to dive forward away from someone but ended up taking cover on the wall just right of me and that getting me killed was more of a pain in the ass then anything that happened to my in K&L.

#23 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:37 PM

I'm sure they'll fix the flaws in K&L2 (since they are making a sequel already).

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size