• (2 Pages)
  • +

Zero Punctuation - Uncharted Drake's Fortune

#1 User is offline   Dannysaysnoo Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:50 PM

Oh, man! The live action segment made me laugh harder than any online vid ever!

#2 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:32 PM

Next they'll fund him a full-body-scan accompanied by an elaborate motion capturing session in order to fully animate their prestigious reviewer.

I hope you guys from The Escapist paid attention to that, because I've just presented you a way to wring more money out of Mr. Yahtzee's carcass in case of his untimely passing away due to the sheer weight of fanboys piling up on his ego, snapping his spine in two.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#3 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:37 PM

Seeing Yahtzee and finally being able to associate his voice with what he looks like reminded me of Scroobius Pip. But come on, the live action segment only had one joke in it. Surely he could do better. But I'll forgive him since it was the first time.

This post has been edited by Ninja Duck: 27 February 2008 - 01:38 PM

#4 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:42 PM

I'm not sure about the live action sequence. It wasn't especially funny, as N-Ducks already said, didn't add too much to the review (we already know Yahtzee hates quick-time events) and seemed to just be there to give Yahtzee some diversity.

On the other hand, the entire sequence was there to demonstrate that quick-time events are all of the above. So in that sense its quite clever.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#5 User is offline   Jenx Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:23 PM

You guys should stop whining. Yahtzee is more sexier then I thought, so the live action segment was great.

Also, maybe he really did get so bored out of quick time events he actually had to say it himself, not by some still image animations.
QUOTE (Ninja Duck @ Jan 15 2008, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the film should be shot in sepia, because real life was in sepia in the 1990s.

#6 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:51 PM

The Quicktime Event joke was pretty good. But I think he sort of did go a bit too far. And long, if you know what I mean?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#7 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

No. mellow.gif

Anyways - is anyone going to draw him a "Get well soon" card? Just imagine his face when those start piling up in his mail account. happy.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#8 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:40 PM

I thought it was cool. It's nice to see Yahtzee mixing it up a bit and not becoming stale and repetitive. This way I'm not entirely sure what to expect when watching.
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#9 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:48 PM

Sorry, if I could interrupt the constant stammering nonsense streaming from the lot of you just because you saw Yahtzee, what the hell is this game he is talking about? I've never heard of it. Is it a high-profile release? Have I had my head in the sand? I'm not saying he's not entitled to review whatever the hell he likes but it's a bit jarring for him to do games everyone knows like Mass Effect, Crysis, Resident Evil, SimCity, Call of Duty, and then this.

#10 User is offline   nerve.agent Icon

• New Cop

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

Hmm, i enjoyed the sequence. As you say Adam, he doesnt get much say in terms of subject and when its so apparently laiden with 'God of War style button mashing' which Yahtzee has covered a couple of times i'd be inclined to throw a curve ball on the topic as well.

#11 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:31 PM

To Adam-

Its a PS3 exclusive that had fanboys beating eachother off in 360 and Wii owners faces for a while, but it`s like an 8 hour game and not worth even touching a PS3 for.

This post has been edited by Ghello: 27 February 2008 - 09:32 PM

#12 User is offline   deALPHAmale Icon

• New Cop

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:15 PM

To tell the truth I rather liked Uncharted, but it's only good for one play-through, which is why I only rented it. Most of the characters got irritating to me, though I liked Drake quite a bit. Typically Indiana Jones ripoffs hold no appeal to me, but this one did for some odd reason. Somehow, though, I didn't even notice the hair until the last scene when it was raining... why didn't he just use it to block the bullets? I suppose we'll never know.

Anyway, I'm done injecting about the game itself, everyone may continue bleeding themselves to try to earn Yahtzee's approval, and I'll return to my dark corner to finish building my monster.

#13 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:That place thats close to the thing you know the one

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:37 AM

I can’t help but wonder how many times Yahtzee got hit in the face by whatever that was that got thrown at him while practicing for that vid. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Casual: 28 February 2008 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (arien @ Jun 29 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#14 User is offline   Game Over Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

*starts watching through the video*

La-la-la-la. Another video, good laugh, etc etc.

*Yahtzee talking about racism*

HAHAHAHAAA!!! Look at that. Awesome.

*Screen whites out*

Oh, what the hell?

*Real Yahtzee appears*

OH MY GOD! ITS JESUS. Oh, wait...its a just a man...ITS JESUS!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
blink.gif

Op topic:
Yahtzee...yay.

#15 User is offline   Sylv Icon

• New Cop

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

I think he should ditch the hat. Yahtzee looks much better without the hat. Then again, I think most people do, and that hats are evil necessities to block out the sun and nothing more. The moustache isn't bad oh god what have I become.

QUOTE (AdamM @ Feb 27 2008, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, if I could interrupt the constant stammering nonsense streaming from the lot of you just because you saw Yahtzee,

YES, PLEASE.

what the hell is this game he is talking about? I've never heard of it. Is it a high-profile release? Have I had my head in the sand? I'm not saying he's not entitled to review whatever the hell he likes but it's a bit jarring for him to do games everyone knows like Mass Effect, Crysis, Resident Evil, SimCity, Call of Duty, and then this.

Really? It's not exactly obscure, I mean it was made by Naughty Dog who are the same guys who did Jack & Daxter. Maybe this is because I have a PS3 but I've been hearing about it for a while. I have a friend who went nuts over it. He showed me a few cutscenes and some gameplay and it left me lukewarm, maybe because if I'm shooting people in a game I prefer them to be aliens or robots or vampire nazis or something equally nerdy. I'm not too keen on being a cheeky action hero who happily guns down people without a moral qualm in the world, which is what Uncharted looked all about.

The words "Indiana Jones as written by Joss Whedon" have effectively killed any lingering desire on my part to even rent this thing anyhow.

This post has been edited by Sylv: 28 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size