Chefelf.com Night Life: Bomb in the Oven - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Bomb in the Oven + Bonus Story

#16 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:06 PM

Not that I'm one to agree with the US state department on anything but what other reason could there possibly be?

-Sighs and recites the tired old lines-

Socio political and economic problems yadda yadda
Oppressive governments allow for no democratic or traditional military solution yadda yadda
Desire to bring glory to downtrodden people and ones family yadda yadda
Muslims didnt originate suicide bombing it began in Sri Lanka and in Jewish ghettos yadda yadda

I think that about covers it. Fucking honestly, I'm surprised that so many people are this amazed at the idea that there can be more going through a mans head when he's about to die than "I sure like Allah, time to light the fuse!"

Also, many times the women in these groups are brought up their whole lives to be so wholly subservient to men, that they could just have been told, here, hide this in your robes and go stand over there - and then they go and do it, probably fully aware of what's about to happen, but they don't have a choice, at least they don't think they do.

Bollocks, bollocks, and more bollocks. Look at the demographics. Many female suicide bombers, especially in Palestine where the phenomenon is most prevalent, have lost children or brothers or parents to the enemy forces. They have as much reason to fight as men and possibly even more. The lives of women in Islamic areas are a lot more sheltered than in the West. Very often mothers will stay at home. This means that their family is the central part of their existence. When an Israeli sniper puts a bullet through a woman's brother that's taking out a very big part of her life, and I'm not going to question her desire to strike back.

I'm also not going to accuse anyone of being cowardly for allowing women to participate in war. Indeed I can see several advantages to the issue, since it's almost always in war time that oppressed groups gain rights. Unfortunately suicide bombing isn't exactly fighting, but I would be very supportive of seeing women in traditional combat roles in Muslim freedom fighter groups, because that would surely signal a change in the role of women throughout the middle east.

On the other story:

That one really got me wondering what the hell was going on. Maybe they thought the kid was carrying some kind of dirty diaper bomb.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#17 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:14 PM

Hey hey, I wasn't saying that's the only reason women would participate in suicide bombings. Your reasons are valid sometimes, too, as well as any number of other reasons. I was just offering a different reason than "well I guess they were offered some virgins in the afterlife, too."
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#18 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:44 PM

I understand. Just I think "go kill yourself or I'll kill you" isnt a phrase that's uttered too often, except once or twice by Hitler or a few Roman emperors.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#19 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:That place thats close to the thing you know the one

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:00 AM

Admittedly I forgot about the possibility of brain washing plus its just completely alien to me to kill yourself for something because you wont be around to see the benefits (unless its X amount of virgins in the afterlife). It’s like saying "wow I'll get this plate of cookies if I kill myself, oh wait... tongue.gif

Sure I don’t like lots of things in my country but I wouldn’t do Brown the favour of killing myself over it I'd rather stick around and be a royal pain in his arse.

I really hope someone gets done for manslaughter for that baby’s death as usual US security gets completely over zealous and someone else pays the price.

QUOTE (arien @ Jun 29 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#20 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:23 AM

I'd like to take a crack at the second article, but I can't come up with anything that tops "dirty diaper bomb" right now.

This behavior is atrocious, and I hope those responsible serve long prison sentences and are then not ever allowed back into security.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#21 User is offline   Simperin' Fool Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:30 AM

Baby got backblast.

#22 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:28 AM

Jm, I didn't say the men said "kill them or I'll kill you." They don't have to threaten death for the women to be subservient.

When the liquid bomb thing happened, I had a vision of everyone having to strip down to nothing and put on hospital gowns every time they flew. It would solve all these security issues! Flyers are encouraged to wear easy-to-remove clothing so that they can strip down fast. There's a special little changing room right at the front of security, and a couple of trained security dudes (or dudettes) watch you strip so that you are surely naked under the Airport Standard Gown. And surely for real pregnant, if the case may be. Then you go through the standard metal detector and everything, in case you're planning on coughing up a razor blade you swallowed earlier with which to kill the pilot. Also, the only items you're allowed to bring on board are necessities such as inhalers or baby formula, etc. - but you must purchase these things Airport Standard at the store you will find just after security. Medication must be given to security who will then check it thoroughly and give it to the stewardess so that if you need it, she will bring it to you.

When you get to your destination, you will then be returned your clothing and medicine and wallets and everything. All of that travels with the luggage.

I think my idea is brilliant. Right? No more bombs or hijacking! rolleyes.gif
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#23 User is offline   Simperin' Fool Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:43 AM

No diginity, no convenience. It's perfect!

#24 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:28 PM

No diginity, no convenience. It's perfect!

Dont forget no chance of regaining your posessions and ID papers as they'll inevitably be flown to Madrid for some reason.

#25 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:42 PM

Obviously, we need to all have barcodes tattooed on us, and RF chips inserted into the bases of our skulls so they can still identify us.

Spoon: You stole my idea. sad.gif I said we should just move to hospital gowns or nudity when flying way before you ever did.

This post has been edited by Slade: 20 February 2008 - 02:42 PM
Reason for edit:: Subject verb agreement.

#26 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

Nuh uh. It was months ago I had this idea. Months, I say! And my idea expands to far more than just traveling in hospital gown type things.

#27 User is offline   Simperin' Fool Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

Dont forget no chance of regaining your posessions and ID papers as they'll inevitably be flown to Madrid for some reason.

Obviously, we need to all have barcodes tattooed on us, and RF chips inserted into the bases of our skulls so they can still identify us.

And my idea expands to far more than just traveling in hospital gown type things.

You mean there's more?! Why, I'm so happy, I think I'll dance a jig!

#28 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:02 AM

Go go gadget Carlton?

#29 User is offline   reiner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Feb 20 2008, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to take a crack at the second article, but I can't come up with anything that tops "dirty diaper bomb" right now.

All I got was "baby boomers".

#30 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 04:26 AM

There has long been a solution to hijackings as well as cargo-area bombs. Build a cockpit that is unattainable from the body of the plane, into which the pilots must be loaded through a separate door. These pilots, passing from secured stations to the plane, would be screened with scrutiny sufficient to make hikackers unlikely. Hijacking from the passenger area of the plane would be impossible. As for the cargo-are bombs, you simply make the floor of the cargo are weaker than the walls and doors. Any explosion, following the path of least resistance, would blow open the floor of the cargo area and only the luggage would be lost, not lives.

The second idea could probably be extended to the passenger area, so that only lives would be lost, and not the entire plane as well.

Airlines just aren't interested in implementing these changes, instead opting for the "flight marshall" option. Which oddly must be more expensive ...
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size