Chefelf.com Night Life: What could be better than a kangaroo court? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

What could be better than a kangaroo court? A kangaroo court sentencing people to die.

#61 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Feb 18 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was not a source. that was an article that off handedly accused the taliban of making economic restrictions (ordering stores to close on friday is an economic restriction, not economic planning) If that was a source then your source needs to site its sources. And once again theres no way to prove a negative. But when I think state economic planning I do not think Taliban. Neither would any other sane person.

Give me a valid source that proves that the Taliban had an unplanned economy.

Theyre really not Westernised. The Talib had very little connection with the US but were handled by Pakistani intelligence who shifted US materiel to them. The West happened to have interests that coincided with the taliban, thats it. I doubt they ever actually took orders from the US.

Fine but ask yourself how long the Taliban would have been in control of Afghanistan had America not sought Al Qaeda.

A counterclaim is not a requirement of a good argument, and the Taliban don't need a label. They were a theocracy if you absolutely need some label for them.

They are theocrats? So why was the army in control and not the imams?

Like the iroquois before you you are a communalist.

Bah! You have found out my secret! Yes, I want a tribal state where people slaughter each other for every scrap of food. (sarcasm)

Once again your citations are general statements. The main article that that statement SUMMARIZES is incomplete and has nothing on Pakistan's amount of involvement in the formation of the Taliban. The only thing it says is exactly what you quoted. It's the bare bones of an argument at best and at worst its just another sentence that you read and took for gospel without looking into the details in the slightest.

How can one faction defeat all the other warlords without foreign help?

Ummm yeah man I'm not a big fan of the West here, and imperialism did do some fucked up shit... .But in this instance I'm not going to blame the west for the existence of the taliban and al qaeda entirely.

You blame them for coming to power. Well had they not helped the Jihadists in the 80s destabilize Afghanistan in the first place, I doubt we would be discussing if their helping the Taliban is bad or not.
Word Vault
A Writing Guild For The Clinically Retarded
I am an honorary Crogerse.
QUOTE (Game Over @ Feb 14 2008, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee, you are the Oscar Wilde of the 21st century.

QUOTE (Patch @ Feb 14 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee is gay?!

#62 User is offline   Simperin' Fool Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:18 PM

What? Dude, seriously, if there isn't sufficient proof to know that something is true, it's generally rational to assume that it's not. Like how people have been looking for the Loch Ness monster for so long and have never found any proof of its existence; there's really no need for a counter-hypothesis or whatever to disprove the possibility of there being a Loch Ness monster. Requiring proof to disprove something that can't be proven in the first place is a logical fallacy. If he says that the source you provided doesn't prove anything, and if he's right, you can't just turn around and say "Oh, yeah? Well, where's the evidence that this isn't true?" as if that can somehow lends credence to your own theory.

#63 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:02 PM

They're the fucking Taliban. That's my source. When I think economic planning I see Lenin sitting at a desk stroking his beard and naming factories after his friends from the war. I don't want people who make their living blowing themselves up to plan my economy. And just what kind of economy was there to plan for? Kabul was little more than a rubble strewn crater after the Taliban finally took it. What did they do, start collective rubble farms?

Fine but ask yourself how long the Taliban would have been in control of Afghanistan had America not sought Al Qaeda.

3 weeks? Fuck I dont know, what bearing does this have on anything?

They are theocrats? So why was the army in control and not the imams?

Because it was the military leaders who helped take Afghanistan. Every time a revolution occurs its generally the military leaders or people involved in instigating or actually doing the fighting that take power. And if you dont know, Mullah is Pashtun for Imam.

How can one faction defeat all the other warlords without foreign help?

They won, therefore it must have been because of foreign help.

Thats a great statement. Here's some other terms you could use in place of foreign help that would still be just as fun:

Superior numbers
Popular support
Better strategy
A pact with Venezuela
Witchcraft
A rock that keeps away tigers.

You blame them for coming to power. Well had they not helped the Jihadists in the 80s destabilize Afghanistan in the first place, I doubt we would be discussing if their helping the Taliban is bad or not.

I blame western imperialism for the situation that led them to come to power. Had the West suddenly stopped funding them theres still a chance they would have won simply because the people were already so radicalized. It was inethical for the West to fund the taliban, and the taliban were created by conditions brought about by the west, but I don't think they're stooges.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size