Chefelf.com Night Life: What could be better than a kangaroo court? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

What could be better than a kangaroo court? A kangaroo court sentencing people to die.

#16 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

This isn’t Nuremberg, Puto. If any people are the new Nazis then its you and your countrymen. You’ve invaded 4 countries since 1990. You have bases in more then half the countries in the world. You’re putrid capitalist culture is polluting every country which has a trade route with you. You make me sick.

Why isnt it Nuremberg? Aren't they just fascists with no respect for human rights who comitted religious genocide by blowing up some statues? This is what calling them fascists has led to.

Forgotten your history already?

I'm the first person to tell you that the US has an awful human rights record. But theres a difference between some CIA assclowns who already deserve to die helping some foreign assclowns who should also be whacked to torture people, and an elected official who (supposedly) represents the will of the people ordering it.

You’re putrid capitalist culture is polluting every country which has a trade route with you.

I'm sorry for being a putrid capitalist culture. I'll stop trading with other countries as soon as possible.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#17 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Feb 15 2008, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why isnt it Nuremberg? Aren't they just fascists with no respect for human rights who comitted religious genocide by blowing up some statues? This is what calling them fascists has led to.

Again, a fascist government doesn’t need to commit genocide, they could simply destroy dissent, which the Taliban did. Such things are a crime against humanity since it goes against the whole ‘right to life’ thing. That said, it is not Nuremberg because there was no machinery involved in the deaths of the people the Taliban killed and because hardly any of their actions are documented.

As for the terrorists on trial, it doesn’t matter what political philosophy they follow, a person willing to massacre thousands of civilians for any reason is not right in the head.

I'm the first person to tell you that the US has an awful human rights record. But theres a difference between some CIA assclowns who already deserve to die helping some foreign assclowns who should also be whacked to torture people, and an elected official who (supposedly) represents the will of the people ordering it.

So the CIA did this without the knowledge of the president? I find that hard to believe.

I'm sorry for being a putrid capitalist culture. I'll stop trading with other countries as soon as possible.

As you should, we don’t need your stinking McDonalds.

This post has been edited by Snake Logan: 14 February 2008 - 06:09 PM

Word Vault
A Writing Guild For The Clinically Retarded
I am an honorary Crogerse.
QUOTE (Game Over @ Feb 14 2008, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee, you are the Oscar Wilde of the 21st century.

QUOTE (Patch @ Feb 14 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee is gay?!

#18 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

Why does everything always come down to "fascist" and "communist" (and often, the misuse of those terms)?
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#19 User is offline   Simperin' Fool Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

As you should, we don’t need your stinking McDonalds.

McDonalds is owned by a small group of shareholders, not an entire country of people, so it's really not fair to blame average joes for the behavior of big corporations. Besides, large businesses in other countries aren't really all that different; there was a story on the news a while ago about a company in China that was putting poison in grain to help it pass some test that measured the protein content or something.

Why does everything always come down to "fascist" and "communist" (and often, the misuse of those terms)?

It's a lot easier to control people when you can scare and confuse them with terms that sound like bad news.

This post has been edited by Simperin' Fool: 14 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

#20 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:19 PM

All I can say is, give me a cigar cutter and five minutes alone with anyone, and I could make them confess to being on the grassy knoll.

#21 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Feb 15 2008, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fascism sounds bad because it was the international bogeyman of the 1920s and 1930s. Communism sounds bad because it was the international bogeyman of the 1940s and 1950s. Democracy should sound bad because it was the international bogeyman of the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s but since America has a monopoly on the world’s propaganda, democracy doesn’t sound as bad as it should. It does to me though, I cringe every time I hear someone use ‘for’ and ‘democracy’ in the same sentence.

QUOTE (Simperin' Fool @ Feb 15 2008, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
McDonalds is owned by a small group of shareholders, not an entire country of people, so it's really not fair to blame average joes for the behavior of big corporations. Besides, large businesses in other countries aren't really all that different; there was a story on the news a while ago about a company in China that was putting poison in grain to help it pass some test that measured the protein content or something.

Is it the share holder that’s funding McDonalds? No, it’s the Average Joe.
Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

#22 User is offline   Simperin' Fool Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

Is it the share holder that’s funding McDonalds? No, it’s the Average Joe.

In a way, yes: shareholders do supply much of the capital that corporations need to get started, and without continued investment there would be fewer opportunities for expansion. They still need to make profits for the business to survive, of course, but shareholders play a key role.

Anyhow, the American public is often completely clueless about anything related to economics, so the only thing you can really fault them for is being ignorant. I'm not fond of this system either, but I don't see that as an excuse to mindlessly hate everyone who depends on it to survive.

This post has been edited by Simperin' Fool: 14 February 2008 - 08:18 PM

#23 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Simperin' Fool @ Feb 15 2008, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In a way, yes: shareholders do supply much of the capital that corporations need to get started, and without continued investment there would be fewer opportunities for expansion. They still need to make profits for the business to survive, of course, but shareholders play a key role.

Corporations depend more on consumers then they do share holders.

Anyhow, the American public is often completely clueless about anything related to economics, so the only thing you can really fault them for is being ignorant. I'm not fond of this system either,

Ignorance is an excuse. They don’t want to learn, or think, they just want to earn money so they can buy a big house and lots of furniture that they don’t need.

but I don't see that as an excuse to mindlessly hate everyone who depends on it to survive.

People depend on McDonalds to survive?
Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

#24 User is offline   Simperin' Fool Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:28 PM

People depend on McDonalds to survive?

I was speaking generally.

#25 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:29 PM

Presumably the people who made McDonalds do... And if you're going to point out that they're filthy stinking rich, I would point out they wouldn't be if not for McDonalds. But hey. What about the fast food workers? You know, the thirty-year-old fry cook?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#26 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Feb 15 2008, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But hey. What about the fast food workers? You know, the thirty-year-old fry cook?

They lose their jobs and they automatically die?
Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

#27 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:12 PM

Might end up homeless, which is a pretty bad result as well. Particularly as, if I remember what you said correctly, we should be giving the unemployed three months to get a job or be sent to war.

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 14 February 2008 - 10:12 PM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#28 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Snake Logan @ Feb 14 2008, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fascism sounds bad because it was the international bogeyman of the 1920s and 1930s. Communism sounds bad because it was the international bogeyman of the 1940s and 1950s.

So are you admitting here that you're just using the terms as blanket generalizations for things you don't like? Sounds like you are.

Because you know, that question wasn't about the world in general. It was pretty much directed towards how every debate our dear Snakeypoo gets involved in turns into a debate about communism or fascism (involving much misuse of the terms in question).
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#29 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:35 AM

Again, a fascist government doesn’t need to commit genocide, they could simply destroy dissent, which the Taliban did.

Ah I see. A government that opposes dissent (cuz no, you can never destroy it) is fascist. Once again every government ever is fascist.

As for the terrorists on trial, it doesn’t matter what political philosophy they follow, a person willing to massacre thousands of civilians for any reason is not right in the head.

That's nice to know. Anyhow my point was to get your feelings on the US governments asertion that they are fascists adn that we must thusly kill them like fascists. Cuz if you want to continue spouting this fascist rubbish you might as well go all the way and follow that logic through to its obvious conclusion.

So the CIA did this without the knowledge of the president? I find that hard to believe.

The president generally tells these people what to do. Soemtimes things get fucked up and the things theyve done come to light and everyone is outraged (Church comittee) but never before has a president gotten so involved in endorsing specific practices and indeed seemign to take sadistic delight in them.

Corporations depend more on consumers then they do share holders.

Mcdonalds is a franchise operation, not one giant octopus spanning the globe. To open in other countries they need franchise owners, IE share holders.

of furniture that they don’t need.

I could see bitching about SUVs or what have you. These are commonly recognized American vices... But surplus furniture? I cant wait to see the taxes you levy when you end up running a government. There'll be a surplus furniture tax and a tax for the number of kids that people havent had.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#30 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:00 AM

There is a VERY strong chance that the CIA is performing operations that the President is not aware of. The office exists separate from the White House and its employees have careers independant of the election process (not so much the Director, who can be fired by the President). That the CIA might have its own objectives and that occasionally it might affiliate itself more with military leaders than with its Commander In Chief does not stretch common sense.

Obviously I disagree with confessions obtained through coersion. They're just not valid.

Remember that swcheme where the FBI found this dude who had no criminal background and no criminal affiliations? And they filled him with anti-American hate propaganda? And then they told him they were members of an organization called "The Brotherhood," and that they sought to commit actos of terror to hurt the US Government? And then they sent him to do a job, and promptly arrested him as a terrorist? Orwell was right. We have always been at war with Eurasia.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size