Chefelf.com Night Life: The Darkside in the new episodes - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

The Darkside in the new episodes wtf?

#16 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 27 November 2003 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Nov 27 2003, 12:42 AM)
I forgot about the Country Bear Jamboree.

There already is a movie based on "Country Bear Jamboree" (I may be showing may age here). It's called SONG OF THE SOUTH, and Disney pulled it from their line about fifteen years ago after a few decades of being told it was racist to have an inarticulate old black man mumble about how life was better back before the Union freed the slaves. Thing is he never actually *says* that, but the message made it to a lot of people, and now the movie is a collector's item.

Anyway, it's a silly movie, but it's got that Brer Rabbit and the Sly Fox, characters you'll never ever see, and it's the origin of the song "Zippity-Doo-Dah," which is pretty much the theme song of the Disney corporation and used to be the opening theme to "The Wonderful World of Disney."

Mike.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#17 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 November 2003 - 06:28 PM

Hey civilian_number_two/Mike,

Just wanted to say that I really like your current signature. It's pure gold.

Trent
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#18 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 27 November 2003 - 06:30 PM

i remember that.

#19 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 28 November 2003 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Supes @ Nov 27 2003, 06:28 PM)
Hey civilian_number_two/Mike,

Just wanted to say that I really like your current signature. It's pure gold.

Trent

Thanks man.

Mike (who normally hates two-word posts).
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#20 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 28 November 2003 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Nov 27 2003, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (Despondent @ Nov 27 2003, 12:42 AM)
I forgot about the Country Bear Jamboree.

There already is a movie based on "Country Bear Jamboree" (I may be showing may age here).

Actually I was remembering a kid friendly country bears movie that came out about the same time as AOTC.

"pulled it from their line"? Hasn't GL taught them anything? Song of the South Special Edition would be good- or (just what we've been waiting for) a prequel where Uncle Remus sides in battle with the plantation owners until they run into Abe Lincoln himself and, by a moonshine campfire they come up with B'rer Bear (isn't that a contraction for another, new disney movie) as a metaphor/device to pull the country together in peace and civil unity. After the National Truce, Just as abe presents the blue balls to the Generals, John Wilkes Booth turns Vader, kills Lincoln... Emp'rer B'rer Fox sings death to tyrants...

I remember a sots rerelease with the movie (dare I reveal, ) Gus. you know the football kicking mule? sots was sad when the little boy was attacked by the bull, and I believe Unc'le Remus saved the day. If Disney keeps using the song "Zipadee doo dah" they'll need to invent some PC backstory for inquisitive children. Or not. maybe I'm overestimating their audience.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size