• Last »

Documentary on Islam The Peaceful religion

#1 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:52 AM

If you have time watch the following video. All those in disbelief take a peak.

http://www.stage6.co...t-needs-to-know

This is stuff i've been reading up on for a few years now, this video sums it all up perfectly. People here kept saying "no there are peaceful muslims you're wrong blah blah".

If you have time check out the other documentaries. They're awesome.

It's not like other religions, it's in a league of it's own.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 19 January 2008 - 02:54 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#2 User is offline   BigStupidDogFacedArse Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:04 AM

I watched the video with him. Agreed, Islam is a facist system of control. I pointed out that his faith is also in the business of conversion and mind control and..... he disagreed.

On the same site I found this link

http://www.stage6.co...lusion-(part-1)

This video, by the acclaimed Richard Dawkins, points out that ALL Instituionalize faith is corrupt.

Jordan decided to play Xbox rather than watch that link with me. He claims he'll do it another time. I understand that a really good documentary can often challenge ones opinions on anything; moving pictures with loads of commentary makes for a good sell. Not to mention...a musical score!

But any how, what are we suppose to summarize from the video? That muslims in America are bidding their time, waiting for strength in numbers to arrive, and then ultimately subdue us under shia law?

Ya, it's not far fetched, Christians are trying to subdue us under their law too.

Can't an atheist get a break? The answer is no.

This post has been edited by BigStupidDogFacedArse: 19 January 2008 - 04:10 AM

#3 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

So far the Islamic community in Canada has failed to institute Sharia law, but they did try. I don't think this is part of some insidious control plot any more than I think Christians are trying to control America by ammending the Constitution so as to outlaw gay marriage. I think they just believe that their religion has the best system of laws ever. They are wrong.

"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#4 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:59 PM

I watched the video with him. Agreed, Islam is a facist system of control. I pointed out that his faith is also in the business of conversion and mind control and..... he disagreed.

On the same site I found this link

http://www.stage6.co...lusion-(part-1)

This video, by the acclaimed Richard Dawkins, points out that ALL Instituionalize faith is corrupt.

Jordan decided to play Xbox rather than watch that link with me. He claims he'll do it another time. I understand that a really good documentary can often challenge ones opinions on anything; moving pictures with loads of commentary makes for a good sell. Not to mention...a musical score!

But any how, what are we suppose to summarize from the video? That muslims in America are bidding their time, waiting for strength in numbers to arrive, and then ultimately subdue us under shia law?

Ya, it's not far fetched, Christians are trying to subdue us under their law too.

Sorry if i don't feel up to watching 4 hours worth of documentary back to back whlie sitting in a computer chair. I like how you try make it out that i'm afraid of being 'challenged'.

Point of that link was to show that Islam is beyond a religion, it's a system of government. You can't challenge it and it's considered a sin for a large muslim population to not subdue the country and open up a shia system of government.

You have to speak arabic while praying and reading the bible, you have to dress a certain way, and you can't openly attack the koran, basically it's a facist run state.

Moderate Muslims are only moderate insomuch that they can't actually take control. The really nice onces you meet here are probably just as guilty of not being fanatics as we are guilty of rejecting allah.

People tend to view Islam through the scope of Chrisitianity, Judaism, and buddhism etc.. Yet it's not the same.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#5 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:09 AM

Well, an extent of care needs to be taken when saying that Islam is more a form of government than Christianity or Judaism would be, if a nation elected to govern itself according to religious laws. There are examples of governments doing just that; many of these examples are not historical.

Islam is a religion, and yes there are laws in the Koran beause back in the day religious groups had a lot of control over law and government. But Christianity and Judaism, withsimilar histories, have these laws as well, so those religions are also forms of government.

I know Muslims personally and they don't advocate Islamic law taking over here in Canada. They are not considered "radical;" they are the mainstream. The folks trying to institude religious laws here to be upheld by our courts, these guys were in the minority in their communities. Islam worldwide is a religion, with extremism being a loud and newsworthy subset. Basically we're looking at our own culture backdated about 700 years. With luck and possibly a loss of power the extremists will get over it.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#6 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (BigStupidDogFacedArse @ Jan 19 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally I would want a religious leader who believes they will be accountable for their actions after they die.
Word Vault
A Writing Guild For The Clinically Retarded
I am an honorary Crogerse.
QUOTE (Game Over @ Feb 14 2008, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee, you are the Oscar Wilde of the 21st century.

QUOTE (Patch @ Feb 14 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yahtzee is gay?!

#7 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:00 PM

Every religion wants to implement its own laws and restrictions, both to protect society and spread its influence. This is an old song that Ive heard plenty of times before. Muslims want to take over the world as much as Christians or Jews. And if youre looking for religious conspiracies youre just not going to ever sell your Muslim theories above the zionist deal thats been on for centuries. Probably because of the Jew controlled media, yes.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#8 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jan 20 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every religion wants to implement its own laws and restrictions, both to protect society and spread its influence. This is an old song that Ive heard plenty of times before. Muslims want to take over the world as much as Christians or Jews. And if youre looking for religious conspiracies youre just not going to ever sell your Muslim theories above the zionist deal thats been on for centuries. Probably because of the Jew controlled media, yes.

This is were you've missed the point of that link.

Nowhere in Christianity does the New testament call for Christian rule of the world. Infact, Christ even states "hail unto caesers what is caesers". Christ does not speak of global conversion, he simply says preach the globally, many will reject it and some will recieve it.

Islam demands that if Muslims are predominant in an area, then they need to open up Islam rule and every one must be under it. Jews and Christians that don't convert can be killed, kicked out, or pay a head tax.

http://zope06.v.serv...ranian_newspeak

Muslims are told to fight. Every single casualty in the Iran-Iraq war are considered martyrs, they're all eating dates and 72 virgins.

http://www.jihadwatc...ives/015301.php

If you think CHristians are doing this, then how much worse are Muslims, considering Christians are doing it on their own accord and Muslims are doing it because the KORAN SAYS SO.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 20 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

#9 User is offline   ?!! Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Interests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:08 AM

Historically, however, Muslims have been more tolerant than Christians. In the areas that Muslims controlled, they usually didn't mind if people practiced other religions, and they didn't treat them harshly. Whereas Christians weren't as tolerant. Look at the Crusades and the Inquisition. And that's coming from a Catholic.
We're whalers on the moon
We carry a harpoon
But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales
And sing a whaling tune

#10 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:10 AM

Look at the Ottoman Empire or the Muslim/Arab slave trade in Africa. More tolerant then Christians? Bullshit.
Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

#11 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:18 PM

Actually, in the days of the Ottoman Empire, the most that was condoned was a small tax on the polytheists. There was even a separate court for non-Muslims because they didn't have to follow Muslim law.
As far as the slave trade goes, what empire didn't have a period of slavery in their history?
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#12 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:55 PM

The Armenian Genocide.

I could also find you sources on the various genocides the Ottomans committed against Greeks, Bulgarians, Romanians, Serbs, Armenians, Georgians, Arabs, East Africans, Egyptians and Kurds that spammed the last 1,000 years but we could be here all day.

This post has been edited by Snake Logan: 21 January 2008 - 01:11 PM

Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

#13 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Jan 20 2008, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
because the KORAN SAYS SO.

Have you ever read Leviticus or Deuteronomy? If so, do you offer burnt offerings to God? If you see a homosexual, do you kill him? If a family member tried to convert you to another religion, would you kill your whole family? If your brother died without a son, would you marry your sister-in-law? If you find that members of another town are preaching another religion, would you destroy the whole town? Because the BIBLE SAYS SO.

Here are some of the laws from the Old Testament, in an easy-to-read format. http://www.thebrickt...gious_tolerance

#14 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

I LOVE the Brick Testament! It's pretty hilarious what they do in the bloody and the naked scenes.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#15 User is offline   Snake Logan Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:08 PM

Christianity is nothing like Islam. Christianity has been reformed dozens of times throughout its history. Islam has been reformed only once. I have a theory. Since Islam was made 500 years after Christianity, Islam is in the same phrase Christianity was 500 years ago. I wouldn’t worry about it, in another 500 years Islam will also become liberalized. I think the various pagan religions also went through phases like this. As various adults said something during my puberty, it will pass.

This post has been edited by Snake Logan: 21 January 2008 - 03:10 PM

Word Vault

Yahtzee is gay?!

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size