• Last »

Oh my god.

#31 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Thaluikhain @ Jan 14 2008, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But then you're changing the original. TRILBY SHOT FIRST!! and all.

Anyway, I thought it was much better before the C word was introduced to XDAS.

What? Are you serious? They're sticking Chzo in there?! Get that shit the fuck away from 5 Days a Stranger, you are NOT ruining that game, George Lucahtzee.

#32 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:That place thats close to the thing you know the one

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (AdamM @ Jan 14 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What? Are you serious? They're sticking Chzo in there?! Get that shit the fuck away from 5 Days a Stranger, you are NOT ruining that game, George Lucahtzee.

Its his game, his story, his idea he can do what he likes with it if you dont like that simple dont play it. I thought the chzo storyline was good, eventhough 5 days had a completly different feel to the rest of the series its still the best.

QUOTE (arien @ Jun 29 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#33 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:31 PM

Give me a break. You can't tell me you're honestly comparing the updating of 5DAS with the Special Editions of Star Wars, are you?

Sorry, but...

NERD!
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#34 User is offline   zoozilla Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:The Chzo Mythos.

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Jan 14 2008, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could be wrong, but I think he's primarily against shitty remakes or unnecessary ones. Though I suppose you could argue that a remake of 5DAS is unnecessary, I think that a HL2 Source remake would attract a much, much larger audience than the AGS version would and thus attract a bigger group of people to his fan base, which in turn would fill Yahtzee's coffers a bit.

And that's not a bad thing. The more support and money Yahtzee has, the higher the likelihood that we'll see more games.

Or the extra money will make him a stuck-up prick and all of his games will become retail products, complete with $60 price tags. (Or 30 pounds, I suppose)

Looking at what you said in a negative light, the remake could be so horrible and unfaithful to the original that people who only play the Source version will associate Yahtzee with evil; and fullyramblomatic users (read: Yahtzee-fanboy-pocket-protector-XDAYS-trilogy-lover) will lose faith in Yahtzee and begin to associate all future games with flaming piles of elephant dung stuck up a fat boy's nostrils.

This post has been edited by zoozilla: 14 January 2008 - 08:47 PM

Skip to the end.

#35 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Jan 14 2008, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Give me a break. You can't tell me you're honestly comparing the updating of 5DAS with the Special Editions of Star Wars, are you?

Sorry, but...

NERD!

You know there's a forum on here devoted to Star Wars, right?

I thought the C word was 'chase', which would be quite functional with the Source engine, but I admit that I to have my reservations about putting Chzo in the Tall Man in 5DAS. Maybe if they were handled delicately, frinstance, the Tall Man turns a corner and when you go to follow him he isn't there anymore (like the G-Man), then it would be okay. But Yahtzee should definitely take care not to change the flavor of a fan favorite like the Special Editions did.

#36 User is offline   cernex Icon

• New Cop

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (Casual @ Jan 14 2008, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its his game, his story, his idea he can do what he likes with it if you don't like that simple dont play it. I thought the Chzo storyline was good, even though 5 days had a completely different feel to the rest of the series its still the best.

Except that it has been proven in all the remakes both hollywood and videgames have produced that, unless you "fix" only what is REALLY broken, you better don't do it. That's why REbirth was so successful (the story and the gameplay are the same, just received new puzzles and a graphical boosts, plus some notes that were ORIGINALLY removed from the first game) and Barbarian (pathetic gameplay) were catastrophic failures.

Is Yahtzee's game in the end and all, but the fact is, I THINK they should focus on bringing the 5 DAS experience to the Source Engine (Which is what we all want, right?) instead of actually trying to "update" it (DAFOE SHOT FIRST!!!).

El Cernex

#37 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:45 AM

From what they said back then, I think there'd be no Tall Man and shit like that in the remake (perhaps some visions like in Trilby's Notes), only a few details of AJ's motivations would be clarified, and some premonition of the things to come. I guess that means Trilby won't be laying back with a job well done after the exorcism, like he originally did.

But they might create the scene when you bust yourself out of the toolshed and everyone disappears differently, and I think that'd be a good idea. For instance, you hear commotion from the house, and you get chased by the welder into the bathroom with Simone, etc. etc.

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 15 January 2008 - 08:47 AM

#38 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

Sounds romantic enough, I'll buy it.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#39 User is offline   avenging Icon

• New Cop

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:07 AM

personally, i like fp or 3p over the shoulder...i think the graphics are absolute shite in the series, but the story is so good it overcomes that...honestly i wish the graphic were a bit better than a 3rd grader could do.

This post has been edited by avenging: 15 January 2008 - 10:08 AM

When there are no heroes where will we turn?

i post without caps to annoy sniffles. kisses ;)

#40 User is offline   Joey Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:10 PM

The graphics I loved. I adore those old retro Sierra-style graphics in adventure games.
Though I think it was Beneath A Steel Sky that I really fell in love with the graphics in. The massive outdoor backgrounds, like where you're up on the balcony of one of the skyscrapers, was fantastic.
Smashed up my sanity.
Smashed up my integrity.
Smashed up what I believed in,
Smashed up what's left of me.
Smashed up my everything,
Smashed up all I thought was true,
'gonna smash myself to pieces,
I don't know what else to do.

#41 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

I like the sprites too.

I can't believe I'm nearly 26 years old and I'm already reminiscing about the good ol' days.
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#42 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:That place thats close to the thing you know the one

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (cernex @ Jan 15 2008, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Except that it has been proven in all the remakes both hollywood and videgames have produced that, unless you "fix" only what is REALLY broken, you better don't do it. That's why REbirth was so successful (the story and the gameplay are the same, just received new puzzles and a graphical boosts, plus some notes that were ORIGINALLY removed from the first game) and Barbarian (pathetic gameplay) were catastrophic failures.

Is Yahtzee's game in the end and all, but the fact is, I THINK they should focus on bringing the 5 DAS experience to the Source Engine (Which is what we all want, right?) instead of actually trying to "update" it (DAFOE SHOT FIRST!!!).

El Cernex

True but with the change from point and click adventure to FPS adventure some changes may be necessary if just to make the game go smoothly. Given that the series is story driven rather than gameplay driven some small changes should be made just to make it worth playing.
QUOTE (arien @ Jun 29 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#43 User is offline   Sniffles Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (avenging @ Jan 15 2008, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
personally, i like fp or 3p over the shoulder...i think the graphics are absolute shite in the series, but the story is so good it overcomes that...honestly i wish the graphic were a bit better than a 3rd grader could do.

A third grader? Shite?! Have you ever made a game in AGS? Try making a game with an engine like that, any engine at all, actually, and say that again.

Yahtzee's graphics are simple, but I've gotten more scares from the Chzo games than any 3D game ever.

And no matter how many dimensions this new-fangled 5 Days will have, it will never replace the original. Remakes never do. Except for The Fly with Jeff Goldblum.

#44 User is offline   Joey Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Jan 15 2008, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the sprites too.

I can't believe I'm nearly 26 years old and I'm already reminiscing about the good ol' days.

YOU can't believe it? I'm a paltry seventeen and I'm reminiscing.
Smashed up my sanity.
Smashed up my integrity.
Smashed up what I believed in,
Smashed up what's left of me.
Smashed up my everything,
Smashed up all I thought was true,
'gonna smash myself to pieces,
I don't know what else to do.

#45 User is offline   EkkieBurt Icon

• New Cop

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (Sniffles @ Jan 15 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A third grader? Shite?! Have you ever made a game in AGS? Try making a game with an engine like that, any engine at all, actually, and say that again.

Yahtzee's graphics are simple, but I've gotten more scares from the Chzo games than any 3D game ever.

And no matter how many dimensions this new-fangled 5 Days will have, it will never replace the original. Remakes never do. Except for The Fly with Jeff Goldblum.

Not meaning to come off as an asswipe, but making even a halfway decent game using AGS is fairly simple, it just comes down to a willingness to devote time. 1213 on the other hand, is another story.

And while Yahtzee has created some excellent games, it does become clear he’s not an artist. But in saying that; he’s done pretty damn well for someone whose main field is writing/coding.

-Hell is other people...-

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size