• « First
  • Last »

US Elections All-Encompassing

#76 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:00 AM

And that right there's the real problem our country has - support without knowledge, ignorant action... I'm not trying to attack you here, and maybe you're just joking and it doesn't read well in text, but please do inform me how it makes sense to support someone for something as important and powerful as the leader of the US without having any real reason for doing so? I know a lot of people do it - "oh, my whole family's voting for this guy so he must be alright, I'll vote for him, too" etc. But I never understood how people could justify that to themselves.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#77 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:45 AM

Talked to a dem the other day, asking his honest opinion on who he likes. He shrugs and says he'll probably vote for Clinton.

Then this supposed "liberal", says "...even though I really don't like how she stands with the Gays..." laugh.gif Cause we all know it tears his heart not to be able to vote Republican, the official Gay-bashing party.

"Clinton wasn't so bad. Good relations with world leaders, if he could've just kept his dick in his pants".

#78 User is offline   reiner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Jan 14 2008, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Clinton wasn't so bad. Good relations with world leaders, if he could've just kept his dick in his pants".

I can agree with that. Our foreign policy went to shit after Clinton.

#79 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:50 PM

Does anyone else keep getting emails from presidential candidates? I never signed up for anything but keep getting them. And they're legit, too - they come from the actual campaign domains. Mostly filled with campaign promises, touching quotes or bits of their family history, or imploring me to help with their campaign. I'm just wondering if this is like, some new tactic, that presidential candidates are allowed to spam now - or if I somehow managed to sign up for all this stuff and I just can't figure out how (putting my email on my voter registration form wouldn't have caused this, would it?).
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#80 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:08 PM

Nope. My e-mail, is blissfully free of campaign ads. I only get your standard fake rolex watches and penis enlargement ad spam. happy.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#81 User is offline   ?!! Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Interests

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:00 PM

Haven't checked my email in a million years. Honestly, my vote has no real importance, and I'm too lazy to actually do the research. I support Huckabee for no real reason other than to support him.
We're whalers on the moon
We carry a harpoon
But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales
And sing a whaling tune

#82 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

Woo! American democracy in action.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#83 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

Snake, Jordan, please. Can't we all just get along?

Anyway, one thing I certainly don't support about Huckabee. The whole "Sales Tax instead of Income Tax" thing. What's up with that?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#84 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:13 PM

That's actually been proposed by several people. Basically, it supposedly eliminates the need for yearly taxes by raising the sales tax (A LOT!) so that if you don't buy much, you don't pay as much in taxes, but if you buy a lot, especially luxury items, you pay more taxes. And that's how the government gets money with which to supposedly benefit us. It has a lot of flaws, but then, the current system ain't perfect either.

#85 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

We pay 10% already in this town, on top of the price. And the money I have is that which is LEFT after the government takes a HUGE amount away in the first place. I'd like to hear more.

If I was to SAVE the money I have LEFT after the government takes what they Will, invest it, amass it, and give it to my children at my death, THEY have to pay taxes on THAT. But since it's called an estate tax, class envy keeps that process going.

#86 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:26 PM

Haha, speak of the devil. Seems Mr. Huckabee will be here soon, accompanied by both Chuck Norris and Ric Flair. It's just about a half mile each way so I might walk down there when the time comes... Take some pictures, listen a bit, be able to say I saw Chuck Norris in person... And leave when I get bored of the gimmicks.

This post has been edited by Spoon Poetic: 15 January 2008 - 08:31 PM

#87 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

Woot! The closest I got to a candidate was trying to organize a caravan to an Obama event but that fell through. Definately check it out Spoon and tell us how it goes.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#88 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:36 PM

I talked with/shook hands with Bob Dole when he was running for president... That was, er, interesting. (Especially since I was all of something like 7-9 years old.) And it just so happens that I have a class when Huckabee shows up. Also, there's supposed to be snow tonight so it will probably be canceled, regardless if there actually is snow or not. Bread and milk is probably flying off the shelves as I type this.
If it's not canceled I might skip class to go, though. It's probably gonna be worth it.

This post has been edited by Spoon Poetic: 16 January 2008 - 03:38 PM

#89 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:48 AM

Dammit, I totally forgot about seeing Huckabee. Because it really did snow. And that happens so rarely down here that it really becomes first priority. tongue.gif

#90 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:16 PM

Well you could always go to a Ron Paul rally instead. I think he holds them in his mums basement.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size